+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMSD version .03 can now FORWARD SMS

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
@amrut nice app..u got here...similar to the wetool... nice goin dude.. btw..im askin this cause ur already developing this program can u somehow integrate this into the main sms.app of
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@amrut
    nice app..u got here...similar to the wetool...
    nice goin dude..
    btw..im askin this cause ur already developing this program
    can u somehow integrate this into the main sms.app of the iphone....like u know..the msg can hav a small button...nxt to it..so that u can frowad...
    if..u integrate atleast the multiple sending into the compose feature of the sms.app...it ll be so awesome!!

try lookin into this...

vishnu.
    Did I Help you?? Then Hit the Thanks button!
    16gb iPhone running 1.1.4
    Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    MMi ROCKS!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i am having probs with this app

1.It shows message as sent but the message is not reaching the destination.
    2.Sent messages delete automatically as app is exited or, otherwise shows all the messages in the inbox.

I am using firmware 1.0.2 and v.06 of smsd.
    Last edited by __neo; 12-07-2007 at 09:47 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Does this work on 1.1.2?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mashom's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Smsd 0.07 released
    hello guys i have checked the update 0.07 version of smsd and i found that when i sms to any contact it always failed to send msg but sometimes it send the sms sometimes not everytime, and country codes is must for it. Any one racing this problem ?

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by srbug View Post
    I don't know if it is possible but can a feature be built in so that it looks like the original sms program from apple I just love the way how it is set out with the history it makes it so much easier when replying to people..

Also can something be added were you can select text from a message? When people send me phone numbers I have to write them down on paper to call them total pain when you are out of the office...

Other than that you have done some fantastic work here

Cheers

Also how do I donate this is so worth it..

Hello,

I am already working on the feature you are talking about. It will be available soon.

You can donate for the development using paypal to me directly. My paypal id is [email protected]

Thanks,
    -Amrut!

Also, check out new version 0.07. It will be available in installer.app maybe tomorrow. Or you can download it from code.google.com/p/iphone-smsd.

This has following changes :

Dec 7, 2007 : v0.07

* Showing correct status. (v0.06 had a bug where Success was reported even if the message send is failed)
    * Progressbar (Finally!)
    * Some people reported truncated messages. This will fix it.
    * New feature : Backup all the SMS via mail.

Thanks,
    -Amrut!

Quote Originally Posted by mashom View Post
    hello guys i have checked the update 0.07 version of smsd and i found that when i sms to any contact it always failed to send msg but sometimes it send the sms sometimes not everytime, and country codes is must for it. Any one racing this problem ?
    Hello,

Strange. For me it works every time. Can you give me more info on this?
    I will try my best to fix this issue.

Thanks,
    -Amrut!

Quote Originally Posted by udayc View Post
    Hi Amrut - This program was sorely needed - would love it if you could implement another feature -

When you forward an SMS - the name and/or number of the original sender should automatically get added to the msg - at the end - with a brief text such as - original msg from xxxx

This would really help and if people have issues with privacy then it can be toggled off and on via a settings switch or something.

Let me know if this makes sense to you and if it is implementable. Ill donate for this if need be.

Keep it up - and thanks

Another feature request -

If possible - ability to send business cards - even if this is rudimentary like only a name and a number and not an actual vcard it would be of great help
    Hello,

Sending contact info is already coded and working and should be available soon.

Sending sender info in forwarded message will come later when app becomes stable. Too much other activity right now But should happen eventually. Stay tuned.

Thanks,
    -Amrut!
    Last edited by rumple; 12-07-2007 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rumple For This Useful Post:

udayc (12-07-2007)

Thanks

amrut i dont know what do to i have installed it manually through winscp

And my first problem in smsd is that i have a lot of smssss in my iphone when i open smsd it crashes after opening and when i delete half of my smss and then open smsd then it works fine and in 0.07 i dont know what is the problem when i forward msg to contact sometimes it send successfully but mostly failed to send it but rearly successfully send to anyone when i enter the contact no manually with country code prefix.i m in pakistan i myself send msgs to myself and my friends in pakistan but i have to write the +92 country code and then the whole no and send it in which mostly sms are send succesfully or else fail please some one check it may b i have this problem only. Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mashom View Post
    amrut i dont know what do to i have installed it manually through winscp

And my first problem in smsd is that i have a lot of smssss in my iphone when i open smsd it crashes after opening and when i delete half of my smss and then open smsd then it works fine and in 0.07 i dont know what is the problem when i forward msg to contact sometimes it send successfully but mostly failed to send it but rearly successfully send to anyone when i enter the contact no manually with country code prefix.i m in pakistan i myself send msgs to myself and my friends in pakistan but i have to write the +92 country code and then the whole no and send it in which mostly sms are send succesfully or else fail please some one check it may b i have this problem only. Thanks

make sure that your permissons are set to 755

Thanks

i always set permisions to 0755 when manually installing apps and i delete the app through winscp and install via installer but ame problem ? is it working fine with you ?

lol lol i dont know what WAS the problem.. but i have two iphone 4gb and 8GB i installed on both and in 4gb it was problem and in 8gb it is working smoothly... i was much in confusion then i reset my 4gb iphone settings and my iphone restart and after that i send ms to anyone it is sendin successfully i am not sure what is done after reset ... anyway thanks for the great app amrut.. i am just waiting for your long text and

i have told you that if my smsss are too many smsd crashes on startup i have this problem on every version of smsd. and secondly is that i have much much longer sms in iphone and when i read in smsd it just shows upto (my guess, i have not counted) 200 or 250 characters. is this problem with any other too ?
    Last edited by mashom; 12-07-2007 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi! After latest update, i always get "failed to send message" on every message i try to forward. Before it worked perfectly, any suggestions?

Cheers

Thanks

new version is out 0.08

link http://code.google.com/p/iphone-smsd/downloads/list

if any issues found i will post here

and many thanks to amrut he listen to my request and updated to 0.08 in which i can see my complete sms.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

whens is the update going to be on installer app?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am too waiting for it to come to installer. 0.07 still not working for me :P

Banned
    Thanks

the premission is set correct and everything....the app just cant send a message. I will keep trying but GROWL!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same her, get could not send every time :P Very frustrating...

Thanks

first of all if you have installed via installer then uninstall it and restart your iphone and download v0.08 and transfer through winSCP and then again restart it after the you will have smoooth running smsd
    Core To Quad 6600 2.4 Ghz(4x2 MB cache), 1x4 GB RAM(888 MHz)
    Nvidia 512 MB (256 Bit) 7950 GT Graphics Card
    Wireless Mouse,Keyboard,HeadPhone,Wireless BroadBand
    HP W2408 Vivid Color 24" Widescreen Flat LCD Monitor

iPhone? More like MyPhone smokepsp32's Avatar
    Thanks

Is version .08 available now on installer?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RaMod View Post
    ahhhh...

look on what I just posted above your post!

Hope this helps!

And to answer your question about the Copy and Paste thing, that is something that might be implemented in the new soft update on the iPhone in Feb 08 or maybe one of use comes out with a new app
    The phone no that u receive from your friends, in the regular SMS app. it will allow you to add it to a new or existing contact by pressing the blue arrow
    Hope this helps you!

ps: you can hit the "thanks" if you feel like I helped you a bit
    Thanks for the info yeah i see now the problem is that when people were sending me the numbers they were putting spaces between the numbers and the phone doesn't pick it up if they use the whole number without spaces i get the blue arrow like you say.

Donation will be on the way on payday cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Upgraded to new version, still get "could not send" on every message... it seems like I will have to go with a old version

Thanks

SMSD 0.8 notes:

* New Feature: Sending of contact info is possible now.
    * New Feature: Support for templates. This feature can also be used to create group of people.
    * Fix: Progress bar used to get stuck in some conditions.
    * Fix: Some people reported message send failures.
    * Fix: Long SMS in the list were truncated in some cases.
    * Fix: Some Sent messages were not saved in MobileSMS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jinxen View Post
    Upgraded to new version, still get "could not send" on every message... it seems like I will have to go with a old version
    I had that problem too all i did was uninstall SMSD completly, restart, install 0.8 via installer and restart and then it has worked everytime since..

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    SMSD 0.8 notes:

* New Feature: Sending of contact info is possible now.
    * New Feature: Support for templates. This feature can also be used to create group of people.
    * Fix: Progress bar used to get stuck in some conditions.
    * Fix: Some people reported message send failures.
    * Fix: Long SMS in the list were truncated in some cases.
    * Fix: Some Sent messages were not saved in MobileSMS.
    How do you do this? I can't figure it out..
    Last edited by srbug; 12-10-2007 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost