Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: weDict version 0.4.1

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Done, the completed crunch is 79MB down from 200MB. If anyone wants, lemme know and I can post tonight when I get home.
    I'd like to get a copy too.

thank you.

sorry for my ignorance...
    1) how does the pronunciation exactly work...and which languages does it work in?
    2) does anybody here know..how to make a dictionary...using all the good features like fuzzy logic!!!!..maybe you eurisko??
    Did I Help you?? Then Hit the Thanks button!
    16gb iPhone running 1.1.4
    Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    MMi ROCKS!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Done, the completed crunch is 79MB down from 200MB. If anyone wants, lemme know and I can post tonight when I get home.
    I could have SWORN that I replied to this last night, but this morning I don't see my reply. Oh well, senility sucks . I DO want, Eurisoko. I'm sure that even though I've relocated my Applications folder to the Media area and right now "disk" space is not an issue, at some point it will become an issue. So, I need to plan ahead and salvage any space I can. Let me know when you have that available for download.

Thanks for your effort,

Sponge

:EDIT: Last night's reply just showed up to me now I can't figure out how to delete this whole message. Kindly disregard

Quote Originally Posted by vishnuvenky View Post
    sorry for my ignorance...
    1) how does the pronunciation exactly work...and which languages does it work in?
    2) does anybody here know..how to make a dictionary...using all the good features like fuzzy logic!!!!..maybe you eurisko??
    Pronunciation just appears to look for a match to whatever word has been searched, regardless of language. I added my own recording of the word "gracias" to test this. I enabled the Spanish-English dictionary, and entered the word. When I clicked the pronounce button, out came my voice! So this has a great potential, although the recordings do use a lot of space.

I think if you search Google there's info about how to make a dictionary from scratch as well as how to convert various dictionaries. I got 283 hits on "WeDict build a dictionary"

Thanks

Here's the link for the crunched pronunciation files. (remove the underscore)

http://rapid_share.com/files/7390262...leTTS.zip.html

You'll also have to use the patched (included) weDict which reads AAC files insetad of WAV's.

EDIT: Just place the entire folder in the /var/root/Library/weDict folder. Make sure to set your permissions to 755.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Eurisko; 12-02-2007 at 06:16 PM.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

gadg3tgirl (01-05-2008), manas621 (12-26-2007), shizumi (12-19-2007), spongebobiwan (12-04-2007)

Thanks alot Eurisko!

Here's the link for the crunched pronunciation files. (remove the underscore)

http://rapid_share.com/files/7390262...leTTS.zip.html

You'll also have to use the patched (included) weDict which reads AAC files insetad of WAV's.

EDIT: Just place the entire folder in the /var/root/Library/weDict folder. Make sure to set your permissions to 755.
    How long it takes to transfer that 70mb to iphone via wifi? I started uploading them via winscp and it said like 10 hours lol.

So do I need to uninstall wedict first and then upload that pached wedict.app folder to application folder?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ctcc View Post
    How long it takes to transfer that 70mb to iphone via wifi? I started uploading them via winscp and it said like 10 hours lol.

So do I need to uninstall wedict first and then upload that pached wedict.app folder to application folder?
    Takes about 40 minutes. I even tried copying the Zip file over to the iPhone and unzipping it natively, still took about the same amount of time.

You can just overwrite the existing weDict.app with the patched one. Unfortunately, each new version will need to be patched too, unless the author A) Makes it possible for weDict to recognize more than just WAV files or B) Switches it to read AAC. (WAV is so 90's)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

HUMVEE (12-06-2007)

So I place both WyabdcRealPeopleTTS and __MACOSX folders inside wedict.app? Do they need to be in WyabdcRealPeopleTTS folder or are they separated?

Hai Bro Where can I get the English-Indonesian dictionary for weDict?

Thx B4 Bro and Thx in Advance.....Nice....

Hi Euristo,
    Does your patch, described above, work for 6.0? I followed the steps above and have all the *.wav files stored in the correct locations and have your patch stored underneath wedict. No pronunciation sounds.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FirstChoice View Post
    Hi Euristo,
    Does your patch, described above, work for 6.0? I followed the steps above and have all the *.wav files stored in the correct locations and have your patch stored underneath wedict. No pronunciation sounds.
    No it doesn't. In order to make this work through upgrades, the author would need to make the change. If you'd like, I can provide you with the newest version patched.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

DeadBody (02-21-2008), linkx (01-06-2008)

Thanks,
    I'll install it immediately after receiving it.
    Last edited by FirstChoice; 12-27-2007 at 11:15 AM. Reason: ambiguous

No it doesn't. In order to make this work through upgrades, the author would need to make the change. If you'd like, I can provide you with the newest version patched.
    Hi Euristo,

That will be great, thanks in advanced for your help.

My best.

Thx alot Eurisko

Quote Originally Posted by kurosagi View Post
    Do you still have the files to install?

I downloaded the file from the site you gave us but it seems the file one has to rename to *.gz has two corrupted files inside.

NOT TO WORRY - I'VE DONE IT

Rick
    Last edited by rrsodl; 02-01-2008 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Adding a line - Don't need information anymore

I'm wondering if there's an ENglish-Spanish dictionary that.... doesn't suck. Sorry, but the one I have now that was recomended a while back in this thread is really ..barebones.

Any ideas?

yes....!
    now it works for me. had some trouble using wedict before....

Hi all, I am using weDict 0.9 on a 1.1.4 iPhone. I've downloaded the .aac pronunciation folder provided but i do not have /var/root/Library/weDict this directory.

And the patch you guys are talking about is which one? Because i don't seem to see any. Was it the .DS STORE or something?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast