Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: weTool Call And SMS Delete App

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freshboiii View Post
    The author is Chinese FYI.
    I know that, I looked at the wephone.com website before installing the app with iBrickr (the first time; I've since uninstalled it from iBrickr and used the Installer source.) Hence my question, was it simply a misspelling, or done on purpose...? I suspect the former, though the latter could be true.

I have a good idea for the icon, and I'm working on it now: a yin/yang symbol! Hey, he's Chinese, so it fits the culture; the app deletes call records and SMS records, which IMHO calls & SMS are two sides of a coin (and therefore a yin/yang), and it's simplistic yet elegant. I've got it almost done, just working on whether I want it to be round and transparent, or square with a yin/yang symbol...

edit: I found a nice high-quality PNG of a black & white yin/yang, and resized it to 60x60, then replaced the icon.png in the weTool.app folder with it. I think it looks pretty good, though I'd like to maybe change the colors. Perhaps blue/white, green/white, or blue/green?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 11-24-2007 at 08:34 AM.

In order to fix the black screen you have to give the right permissions to the files that need them. In this case it is only 1.

This is how to install the application to make it work:

To do this from windows:

1. Download the pxl file which is posted somewhere in the thread. When your browser asks how to open it, allow winrar to. Rename the folder called "app" to "weTool.app".

Option A: Connect to your iphone with through ssh. Winscp is the best program at the moment. (if you dont know how to do this its best to use Option B)

2a. Navigate to your /Applications/ folder, now drag and drop the folder "weTool.app" from winrar into it.

3a. Now open the folder and rightclick on the file called weTool and select properties. Now set the chmod to check all the boxes on the right side. It is now chmod permission 755. The boxes checked should be the 3 on the left, top in the middle and the three on the right. Your done, now it should work.

Option B: Open up iPhoneBrowser
    and make sure your iphone is attached via usb. Allow it to connect to your iphone, this should happen automatically. For this step you will need to have an application called "Finder" installed. This can be found in installer under the name "MobileFinder", it is released by Ste.

2b. Navigate to the /Applications/ folder on the left. Now just drag and drop the folder "weTool.app" from winrar into it.

3b. On your iphone open Finder. Now select settings at the top, Put "Application Launch" and "Executable Launch" to off.

4b. Now press finder(it will take a second or two) and then click on the apple on the right. Go to "Applications" and double click on "weTool.app", now select the first file called "weTool" and press modify on the bottom. Now click on the three "Exec" buttons to make them blue. Press done at the bottom and exit the application.

5. Your Done, the weTool should work fine now.

This guide can be used for chmodding any file, just select the file which makes the program run, in most cases its the one with no extention and which has a black icon next to it(in finder).

Ofcourse the easiest way is to just use the installer and add the source: http://app.weiphone.com/installer/

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    I know that, I looked at the wephone.com website before installing the app with iBrickr (the first time; I've since uninstalled it from iBrickr and used the Installer source.) Hence my question, was it simply a misspelling, or done on purpose...? I suspect the former, though the latter could be true.

I have a good idea for the icon, and I'm working on it now: a yin/yang symbol! Hey, he's Chinese, so it fits the culture; the app deletes call records and SMS records, which IMHO calls & SMS are two sides of a coin (and therefore a yin/yang), and it's simplistic yet elegant. I've got it almost done, just working on whether I want it to be round and transparent, or square with a yin/yang symbol...

edit: I found a nice high-quality PNG of a black & white yin/yang, and resized it to 60x60, then replaced the icon.png in the weTool.app folder with it. I think it looks pretty good, though I'd like to maybe change the colors. Perhaps blue/white, green/white, or blue/green?
    I was just saying since he's foreign to our language he might have gotten a letter mix up but thought it was correct.

nice choice for an icon
    White 3G

Thanks

I was just saying since he's foreign to our language he might have gotten a letter mix up but thought it was correct.
    Oh yeah, totally. I meant no offense, in case he's reading this or someone else thought I was being mean. It's a GREAT app and way better than SMSD & CallD. Both of those are good, but I was thinking "man, I wish someone would combine those two!" And bam, a few hours later I saw this post. Well, actually I saw it on HoFo first.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    nice choice for an icon
    Thanks. The "traditional" yin/yang is white & black, as it looks, and I think it actually looks pretty good on the iPhone that way. I can't seem to figure out how to change the colors in the PNG file, then set the palette transparency, without downconverting to 256 colors, which messes up how it looks. Still, I'm going to email it to the author (and probably a link to this thread LOL.)

According to the website (LINK), he has "15 different page transitions", which might make it into a future release. I'd like to see an options page where the user can select which one they want to use. I like the flip, personally, but hey, who am I to argue with an artist?
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 11-24-2007 at 09:32 AM. Reason: spelling. D'oh!

its an excellent app and one of the most useful available as the iphone only lets you delete a whole conversation which is a reall pain if there is an important one you need to keep in amougst the to day to day chat. Now if only we could use this in some easy way to forward texts through our normal provider I'd be much happier with my iphone
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Thanks

v0.3.3 is up on Installer.

Noticed there's an MSN address for the author now, and instead of the "secert" button, there's one for "Preferences". It has multiple transitions! Sweet...

edit: Still like my black&white "yin/yang" icon better than the one that comes with it. But that's just me...
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 11-24-2007 at 01:38 PM.

I installed the 0.3.2 version using iBrickr, since I like the page flip transition better than the other one. However, I prefer using an Installer source, so thanks for that!

One thing I'd like to see is SMS messages grouped by sender, rather than every one of them in one big list. Maybe a way to sort them by date as well? That'd be a great option.

edit: BTW, not sure if the author (Aaron) is reading this, but I hate the icon; it reminds me of a 1980's era WWF wrestling logo! I'm trying to create a better one, but frankly, I'm just not very artistic.

Also, I'm wondering if he spelled "Secert" that way by accident, or on purpose for some reason? Even though it's not implemented yet, what's it for?
    HI~Everybody.
    I'm aaronjang...
    I see it ...

Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    its an excellent app and one of the most useful available as the iphone only lets you delete a whole conversation which is a reall pain if there is an important one you need to keep in amougst the to day to day chat. Now if only we could use this in some easy way to forward texts through our normal provider I'd be much happier with my iphone
    Yes.I have been code to forward SMS.
    May be release in the 0.4 version.

Fogive my poor English....
    Last edited by aaronjang; 11-24-2007 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aaronjang For This Useful Post:

forthatmatter (12-03-2007), porktart (12-01-2007), quahog_convo (11-30-2007)

Thanks

Your English good enough, Aaron. Don't even worry about it.

Hope you got my email with the yin/yang icon idea!

Aaron: Couple of things I noticed:

• weTool shows 24-hour military time (14:46:44) instead of 12-hour "normal" time (2:46:44 PM). Any way to change that, or make it user-selectable?
    • It doesn't show caller name, only the phone number? It shows one larger-text one and a smaller-text one right below it. Shouldn't it show the name from the phonebook instead?
    • Any chance that missed calls could be shown in red text?
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 11-24-2007 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi Arron, great job on the app - quick question; the transitions, are they already in the OS - if so how easy are they to implement into other apps. I would love it if more of my apps - and perhaps launching apps from the springboard could use these (possible firmware upgrade probably) - is this coreanimation?

Quote Originally Posted by alexblanchard2 View Post
    Hi Arron, great job on the app - quick question; the transitions, are they already in the OS - if so how easy are they to implement into other apps. I would love it if more of my apps - and perhaps launching apps from the springboard could use these (possible firmware upgrade probably) - is this coreanimation?
    yes.it's exist.is the mac coreanimation.

Your English good enough, Aaron. Don't even worry about it.

Hope you got my email with the yin/yang icon idea!

Aaron: Couple of things I noticed:

• weTool shows 24-hour military time (14:46:44) instead of 12-hour "normal" time (2:46:44 PM). Any way to change that, or make it user-selectable?
    • It doesn't show caller name, only the phone number? It shows one larger-text one and a smaller-text one right below it. Shouldn't it show the name from the phonebook instead?
    • Any chance that missed calls could be shown in red text?
    Sure.In china the caller name is been shown.I would check out the reason.
    Last edited by aaronjang; 11-24-2007 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aaronjang For This Useful Post:

HotStuff2 (11-25-2007), porktart (12-01-2007)

For some reason the installer source has not been mention or I missed it,
    anyway here it is:

http://app.weiphone.com/installer

Add this as a source in Installer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjang View Post
    yes.it's exist.is the mac coreanimation.
    Wow...IMHO this is big news for the 3rd-party app developers, since that means anyone can write those transitions into their apps. Sweet!

Sure.In china the caller name is been shown.I would check out the reason.
    Thank you my friend! I've attached a screen shot of what I see in weTool; as you can see, it shows the phone number (twice) instead of the name. Also, under the Text Log, it shows the phone number instead of a name; is that supposed to be that way, or should it show the name from the Phonebook (if the phone number for the text is in there?)

Quote Originally Posted by ugene View Post
    anyway here it is:

Ummm...yeah, you totally missed it. kurosagi posted it on page 1, post 14.

For some reason the board won't let me add an attachment after I closed the preview by accident...

I put the screenshot on ImageShack instead:

Last edited by HotStuff2; 11-25-2007 at 07:49 AM.

OK.I will repair the contact name in the next release version.

Quote Originally Posted by alexblanchard2 View Post
    No.
    The transitions must be coding in the app.
    Also it has exists in the OS.But you must add it to your app.

Quote Originally Posted by ugene View Post
    anyway here it is:

Because the source it's third-party installer source.
    So you be missed it.
    I don't known how to published it to offical INSTALLER.
    Last edited by aaronjang; 11-25-2007 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aaronjang For This Useful Post:

HotStuff2 (11-25-2007), porktart (12-01-2007), ydhuldhoya (11-25-2007)

Thanks

OK.I will repair the contact name in the next release version.
    Thank you! Perhaps you can look into the 24-hour "military" time vs. the 12-hour "AM/PM" time as well? Not a HUGE deal (like the names) but would really be nice.

No.
    The transitions must be coding in the app.
    Also it has exists in the OS.But you must add it to your app.
    Still, you having these should show other app developers how to implement it, and IMHO that's a big step. VERY nice find.

Default SMS Forward
    Aaron,

You've done a fantastic job so far! ongratulations.

Like many others I'm sure, I'm eagerly waiting for the SMS Forward and multiple recipients features. You mentioned in an earlier post it would be available in 0.4. Without putting pressure, do you have a likely date for the release of these features?

Many thanks, and keep up the good work.

- Yogesh.

Great program. But it sorts the names for my contacs the wrong way. Last Name comes first. Any way to change that?

SMS Forwarding and Multiple Recipents would be awsome.

Thanks

I see on Installer there is now a weToolUS, but it doesn't look any different than WeTool? See have the same issues as I did previously, with it not showing names, and time is shown a 24-hour military format. It overwrote my WeTool installation, so they don't co-exist, and they both have the same version number...

edit: uninstalled one, installed the other, then vice-versa...can't figure out what, if anything, is different?
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 11-26-2007 at 04:48 AM.

hi aaron,

thanks a lot for the weToolUS update! works perfectly now with FW 1.0.2 complete with SMS sender & caller name implementation. no bugs whatsoever.

this is simply one fantastic app!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m.o.r. View Post
    hi aaron,

thanks a lot for the weToolUS update! works perfectly now with FW 1.0.2 complete with SMS sender & caller name implementation. no bugs whatsoever.

this is simply one fantastic app!
    edit: I stand corrected! I uninstalled the version I had, reloaded SpringBoard, then installed weToolUS, and now I see names instead of phone numbers. Thanks aaron!

Now, not to be greedy, but my wishlist for weTool:

• 12-hour time stamp (instead of 24-hour military time)
    • missed calls in red text (or maybe the user can select what color for any calls? Right now incoming is gray, outgoing is blue.)

Last edited by HotStuff2; 11-26-2007 at 09:40 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast