+ Reply
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NetServices.app - control all your services

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by BrumBrum74 I cannot activate file sharing. Not showing in the list where edge, wi-fi etc. are now. What am I doing wrong? BrumBrum - which service are
    Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrumBrum74 View Post
    I cannot activate file sharing. Not showing in the list where edge, wi-fi etc. are now. What am I doing wrong?
    BrumBrum - which service are we discussing?

Quote Originally Posted by trosnyak View Post
    Can you also include a button for:
    1) iSpit
    2) SSH.app (application istalled with a windows jailbreak 1.1.2. utility)
    trosnyak - from discussions with the folks providing the 1.1.2 Jailbreak, they use the same LaunchDaemons as openSSH, so ssh.app should work already.
    I have discussed integrating iSpit into the next release of Netservices with its designer and it should be no problem to do.

Thanks

Greg

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hartsteins View Post
    BrumBrum - which service are we discussing?

trosnyak - from discussions with the folks providing the 1.1.2 Jailbreak, they use the same LaunchDaemons as openSSH, so ssh.app should work already.
    I have discussed integrating iSpit into the next release of Netservices with its designer and it should be no problem to do.

Thanks

Greg
    Thanks for your prompt reply Greg.

I reinstalled SSH package and it started working.

Greg, could you please consider including a switch for iBrick 0.91 daemon?

Thanks
    Denis
    Last edited by trosnyak; 12-06-2007 at 02:20 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Good afternoon fellas. I updated to this newest version of NetServices today and Samba shows up now but not srelay for Socks Proxy. What is the trick to get this to show up for starting and stopping the proxy? srelay is in /usr/bin, I set it up using the tethering kit from this site.

I can even see srelay running with a ps:
    43 ?? Ss 0:00.01 /usr/sbin/update 555 /bin/chmod /usr/bin/srelay

Thanks!

Update: The next thing I have tried is installing "Socks Server" from Installer.app from the CopyCoders source. Still no socks proxy in Netservices.
    Last edited by pcm2a; 12-06-2007 at 03:15 PM.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trosnyak View Post
    I reinstalled SSH package and it started working.
    Greg, could you please consider including a switch for iBrick 0.91 daemon?
    Glad you got it working.

I am unfamiliar with iBrickr but it seems as though it is a program that functions on the PC allowing you to transfer files to your iPhone. Does it transfer under a specific protocol or just an SSH connection? Please note that iBrickr is an iPhone FW 1.0.2 program. I have no way to test the software and cannot guarantee NetServices will function as desired when dealing with it.

If anyone is more knowledgeable about this particular software please contact me.

Thanks

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by pcm2a View Post
    Good afternoon fellas. I updated to this newest version of NetServices today and Samba shows up now but not srelay for Socks Proxy. What is the trick to get this to show up for starting and stopping the proxy? srelay is in /usr/bin, I set it up using the tethering kit from this site.

I can even see srelay running with a ps:
    43 ?? Ss 0:00.01 /usr/sbin/update 555 /bin/chmod /usr/bin/srelay

Thanks!
    How did you install socks proxy? From CopyCoders repository?
    It is possible that the visibility of Socks has been mis-set to NO (whoops).

SSH into your iPhone and type (all one line):
    /Applications/NetServices.app/ProgramFiles/bin/plutil -s Visibility-Socks -v YES /Applications/NetServices.app/ProgramFiles/plists/settings.plist

Restart NetServices and Socks Proxy should appear.

Greg
    Last edited by hartsteins; 12-06-2007 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Perfect, that did the trick thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone smokepsp32's Avatar
    Thanks

@greg; Its always appear the E logo, which I always can connect to the edge, even if I turn Off...the best thing I did is to delete the settings of my edge...

Thanks

I use iBrickr 0.91 with my 1.1.1 iPhone, though not much. It does install some sort of PXL daemon, not sure what it is though. You can download iBrickr and run it, lets you install PXL packages directly. I prefer installer, but sometimes you want an older app (Customize comes to mind), and iBrickr works great for that.

Also, saw something this evening. Steps:

1. EDGE & WiFi disabled.
    2. Open NetServices, turn WiFi ON
    3. Get error "Could not connect to EDGE"
    4. WiFi connection picks up IP.

Not sure if it's relevant or anything, just thought I'd let u know.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i don`t know if this is correct but even with file share plug-in on or off i can still download files. and what else can that do? thanx for the great app

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwidow74 View Post
    i don`t know if this is correct but even with file share plug-in on or off i can still download files. and what else can that do? thanx for the great app
    Make sure you've gotten the File Download plugin from the CopyCoders source. Works perfectly for me on 1.1.2. I'd also suggest doing the mod posted above, to replace the fileshare.sh script.

Hey Greg, I just thought of another awesome addition to NetServices, although I'm not entirely sure how you'd implement it (I haven't seen command-line equivalents for what it does), or if you'd even want to.

MobileScrobbler. I'm new to the Last.fm crowd, and having this app really helped me to get into it. Adding it into NetServices would allow me to remove one more app icon from my springboard. I'm really starting to think of NetServices as the ultimate fusebox (possible name change down the road? Dude! I think that'd rule!).
    Last edited by punkassjim; 12-06-2007 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i only installed everything from copycoders. i don`t know why it won`t disable downloading ,maybe because i`m on 1.0.2. everything else works perfect.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smokepsp32 View Post
    @greg; Its always appear the E logo, which I always can connect to the edge, even if I turn Off...the best thing I did is to delete the settings of my edge...
    Sorry this didn't work for you - I think it's a limitation of the way EDGE is enabled in FW 1.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    I use iBrickr 0.91 with my 1.1.1 iPhone, though not much. It does install some sort of PXL daemon, not sure what it is though. You can download iBrickr and run it, lets you install PXL packages directly.
    Is there a port or connection that's opened as part of its use or is it just an installer (does it need a switch)?

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    Also, saw something this evening. Steps:
    1. EDGE & WiFi disabled.
    2. Open NetServices, turn WiFi ON
    3. Get error "Could not connect to EDGE"
    4. WiFi connection picks up IP.
    The IP function repeatedly polls the services for an active connection in a loop. If you were to activate WiFi before the IP function looked for the EDGE service that alert box would likely not happen. It's a built-in iPhone alert box and is actually reflecting the true state of the phone "could not connect to EDGE" so it's not a worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwidow74 View Post
    i don`t know if this is correct but even with file share plug-in on or off i can still download files. and what else can that do?
    First please try the script modification listed above:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=138

It may be that there are permissions errors that won't let you modify the files that need changing. Please note that the original plug-in is listed for 1.1.1 & 1.1.2 only.
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18060

Quote Originally Posted by punkassjim View Post
    Hey Greg, I just thought of another awesome addition to NetServices, although I'm not entirely sure how you'd implement it.....MobileScrobbler
    I took a quick look at the source code and it's certainly a FAR bigger process that anything NetServices does now. There are a large series of network speed tests, handshaking protocols and NetServices is not really built to do that yet. If anyone wants to work on a LaunchDaemon for this service I'd be happy to add it.
    Quote Originally Posted by punkassjim View Post
    I'm really starting to think of NetServices as the ultimate fusebox (possible name change down the road? Dude! I think that'd rule!).
    Thanks for the encouragement. Our conversation a while back about trying to get the FireFly Server running is what instigated this whole project. A name change is certain not out of the question though I have a couple of major GUI additions I'd like to make before the "unveiling" as it were. I like FuseBox a lot (I was also entertaining SwitchBack).

IN ADDITION
    I have added separate installs for the File Download Plug-In for iPhone 1.1.1 and 1.1.2. I do not know the difference between the two files, but they were listed on the site providing the plug-in to begin with so I assume there is a difference. The process of loading & unload the plug-in is the same for Netservices, but I assume there are some minor plist changes between the two so please install accordingly.

Thanks for all your help

Greg
    Last edited by hartsteins; 12-06-2007 at 10:36 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hartsteins For This Useful Post:

smokepsp32 (12-06-2007)

Thanks

@greg; would be possible on your next release update will work on my version...
    hopefully...

anyway thanks a lot...

Developer
    Thanks

@greg; would be possible on your next release update will work on my version

The method used for disabling EDGE doesn't seem to be effective under 1.0.2. I have no way of testing this as my phones are upgraded past this point. I think you would be best served by upgrading to at least firmware 1.1.1.

- Greg

Thanks

The method used for disabling EDGE doesn't seem to be effective under 1.0.2. I have no way of testing this as my phones are upgraded past this point. I think you would be best served by upgrading to at least firmware 1.1.1.

- Greg
    upgrading, hmmm...don't know how yet...need some more guidance doing this....

Developer
    Thanks

Plenty of guides available in the guides sections right here at ModMyI.

Greg

Thanks

Is there a port or connection that's opened as part of its use or is it just an installer (does it need a switch)?
    I honestly don't know. I remember when I installed iBrickr, it connected to the iPhone, said it installed a "PXL daemon", then rebooted the iPhone, and I was able to browse the iPhone, install apps, etc. Never thought more about it until it was mentioned here.

Yeah, it's not like there isn't a GAZILLION threads and guides on upgrading already. 1.0.2 is old news, and 1.1.1 is a good upgrade. 1.1.2 has some minor updates, but isn;t worth the headache & trouble IMHO. 1.1.1 is definitely preferable over 1.0.2. Be like Nike: Just Do It! Wanna know how to do it? Here's how:

Firmware 1.0.2:
    Firmware 1.1.1:
    Firmware 1.1.2:

And finally, NetServices (or FuseBox, which I like!):

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have 0.1.5 and if I turn it off Lighttpd it does indeed disable it. Unfortunately it won't turn it back on properly. The buttons says "On" in NetServices but Lighttpd won't work, even after a reboot.

Not wanting to play around with Lighttpd I uninstalled, then reinstalled, it. Then it worked again. As soon as I turned if off again with NetServices it wouldn't work again.

BTW: I used the version of Lighttpd found from the same source as NetServices.

Edit: Never mind. Seems it was a problem in Lighttpd's .conf file.

--
    Mike
    Last edited by Tinman; 12-08-2007 at 11:35 AM.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Edit: Never mind. Seems it was a problem in Lighttpd's .conf file.
    Mike
    Please post the problem with the conf file in case others run into the same issue (or so we can fix the conf file before install).

Thanks

Greg

Thanks

...I like FuseBox a lot (I was also entertaining SwitchBack).
    Forgot to mention, I had some thoughts on this. FuseBox is a good name, but "SwitchBack" sounds like it's a restore software or something. How about "SwitchBlade" - the app that slices, dices, and cuts them all up.

I prefer FuseBox though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi Greg,

Great work on this appplication. I just installed the latest version, 0.1.5, and it works beautifully!

Here is the thing: After posting a little post regarding how to maximize battery power (http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...t=18629&page=2) , I decided to go ahead and make an application in order to have most of the settings to save battery power under one interface. Lets call it MaxBattery. Your application has about 70% of the things I want since turning off services saves most of the battery power. What would be left off is things like: brightness level control, volume control, Ipod EQ, and other similar settings in order to have them all together in one.

Here is my thought:
    Is NetServices OpenSource? If so, I could start from it, add all the parts I would like to, and call it something like MaxBattery. (I will, of course, include a big thanks to you!) Or we can work together on this.

Let me know of what you think.
    Last edited by iphoneluv; 12-09-2007 at 06:52 PM.

+ Reply
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast