Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NetServices.app - control all your services

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hartsteins View Post
    [*]Ability to toggle Phone service has been temporarily removed until issues with iPhone FW 1.1.2 have been resolved.[*]Several memory leaks have been patched.
    This is merely a coding question that I'm curious about, in my efforts to learn more about iPhone app coding. Since I don't use the toggle Phone service anyway, I don't mind that it's gone (for now), but I am sure some people do use it, and they might be on 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 (not on 1.1.2.) Wouldn't it be possible to either:

a.) have the toggle Phone service disabled by default, and throw an error message on 1.1.2 if someone tries to enable it? or

b.) have it removed/disabled by default, and the user could enable/add it back (probably be editing the text file) if they so choose?

Maybe even code an error dialog on 1.1.2 iPhones, if NetServices starts up and finds the toggle Phone service enabled (in scenario b. above.)

That way people with 1.1.1 or earlier who happen to use that feature would still have it available, and people on 1.1.2 wouldn't inadvertently cause a problem by using that feature.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i just updated to 1.3 from 1.2 and now everytime i try to disable something and exit it is still enabled. 1.2 worked fine so i uninstalled 1.3 and reinstalled 1.2 but the same thing still happens now. any idea what could be the problem? thanx

o.k. i figured out the problem. when i updated with installer it didn`t chmod the launchfiles. i did that manually and now everything works fine. great app keep up the great work!!
    Last edited by Blackwidow74; 11-25-2007 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

why can't I get installer to show this??
    I have tried reentering the address 3 times in sources. It getsxadded but then it doesnt get added in utilities or any other sections

Default Icons
    I've made this icon for Firefly in Itoggle. Please use it if you like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

canadoc -

Does CopyCoders get added to your sources list after you enter?

The program is no longer listed under Utilities. CopyCoders will appear as it's own heading and you'll find NetServices along with an assortment of services app located there.

-Greg

Hi Greg, I added copycoders into my source and Netservices is in the list of apps under the copycoders heading but when I tried to install, it went thru the process then an error message pops out "Error Package download failed".

DocGo -

I was making some minor changes to the repository this morning and you caught me in the middle.

Open Installer
    Tap Sources
    Tap Refresh
    Go To CopyCoders folder
    NetServices should download correctly

Greg

There was a minor permissions issue with the 0.1.3 update this morning that prevented some scripts from toggling services. A new version of 0.1.3 has been uploaded with this problem resolved.

If you're having a problem, please uninstall & reinstall NetServices.

Thanks

Greg
    Last edited by hartsteins; 11-25-2007 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hartsteins For This Useful Post:

DocGo (11-25-2007)

Hello Greg, Thanks for the instructions. It installed properly now and is working well in my iphone.

Thanks

LOL I was just coming here to say that SSH wouldn't turn on for me. I just uninstalled it & reinstalled it, working fine now.

BTW, I noticed in the strings file there's an entry for AutoLock (and set to show), but the option doesn't show up in NetServices? (Then again, there's still an entry for the phone service too, and it's also set to show but doesn't..)

HotStuff2,

Phone & Autolock entries in settings file are not yet functioning, but left in setting.strings for my own testing purposes.

Sorry for the confusion.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by hartsteins View Post
    canadoc -

Does CopyCoders get added to your sources list after you enter?

The program is no longer listed under Utilities. CopyCoders will appear as it's own heading and you'll find NetServices along with an assortment of services app located there.

-Greg
    In my sources list it is present at the bottom under uncategorized
    Despite refreshing, there is no evidence anywhere of it in the install categories

Canadoc,

Somehow installer is not refreshing the sources correctly (CopyCoders should be in "Other Sources" for instance not "Uncategorized").

I know it's a pain, but try again to remove CopyCoders as a source and add it again.
    Once it's added immediately refresh the sources from within installer.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Greg

Thais what I did 3 times to no avail.
    I so want this I work so I don't have to do manual installs of updates.

Canadoc -

I'm not really sure of the problem.

I just removed and re-added the CopyCoders repository on my own phone and it appeared where it was intended.

As I cannot re-create the issue it's tough to solve.

Please try this:
    Run Installer
    Remove CopyCoders as a source
    Refresh sources
    Quit Installer
    SSH to your phone via Terminal or similar
    type: cd /Applications/Installer.app
    type: ./Installer

- Installer will now open -
    - Add CopyCoder's source as you did before.
    - Terminal will show a read out of what Installer is doing.
    - Please copy this and email it to me at [email protected]

This will at least tell me what is happening.

Thanks

Greg

To quit installer from inside Terminal - type Cmd-C
    Last edited by hartsteins; 11-25-2007 at 12:54 PM.

E-mail sent
    Looking at it it just says failure to refresh

Default AFP with Bonjour
    AFP with Bonjour

Now available at CopyCoders' repository is a new version of AFP with Bonjour signaling included. Now your iPhone will appear in the list of shared disks automatically.

You can install either the regular version of AFP or AFP with Bonjour.

(suggested by therealkerni - built by core)

Greg, this app is great, thank you!

Some help please: I previously had AFP from the french site installed. When I tried to install your AFP, I was told to un-install all other versions first. So I un-installed the french AFP, restarted, but I'm still told to un-install previous versions.
    What should I do?

Thanks,
    Jerry

Default Issues with French Version of AFP uninstall
    Jerry (and anyone else having trouble with this) -

The trouble with the French repository source is that it is not uninstalling everything that it installed when you loaded AFP from them.

To fix: SSH into your phone and remove the folder named: "opt" from your root directory. (opt is ONLY used for AFP and replaced when you install AFP from the CopyCoders' source).

Once removed, the AFP installs from CopyCoders should work fine.

Greg

BTW if anyone from rep.frenchiphone.com is reading, the uninstall path for Apple File Sharing is listed at your repository as /opt/iphone/afpd it should be /opt/

Veuillez excuser mon français. Le dossier de Apple partageant pas uninstall correctement. Le chemin d'uninstall est actuellement /opt/iphone/afpd que ce devrait être /opt/

20. The Following User Says Thank You to hartsteins For This Useful Post:

HotStuff2 (11-26-2007)

I have 1.0.2 and it stays off for a couple of minutes but it just turned EDGE back on again.... is there anyway to manually change the EDGE settings so it cant connect to vodafone NZ and rape my PAYG credit?

Was wondering if you can add feature of turning phone auto lock on/off in services too, that would be great. I always have to go in settings to turn auto lock off then go in services to turn on openssh to ssh into phone. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by vincent6396; 11-26-2007 at 07:12 PM.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast