Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSolitaire

When you downgraded, did you set the permissions to 0755?

Thanks

Not to be a PITA, but any chance we can see an "undo" option, in case I want to go back one move? Sometimes I doubt-tap the deal cards by accident, or something, and I want to undo one move. Windows Solitaire has that option, would be great if iSolitare did too.

I think it's been asked before, but a "cumulative" score would be great too.

iSolitaire 0.6 is not working for me. the previous version worked fine, but i saw the update and decided to install it. during the installation it would crash and return to springboard ending up in a failed install. its still not letting me install it.

I don't know what my issue was (posted about earlier in this thread) where iSolitaire stopped working after the latest update. It wasnt a permissions issue because I checked with MobileFinder - and besides, Installer.app should handle all of that. I even tried uninstalling completely and reinstalling.

I suspected it was one of the new Summerboard updates because that's caused some problems with other apps. But I just did a restore and built everything back up from a fresh install, checking I Solitaire to make sure it worked every step of the way.

No problems now.

Thanks

I dunno...I have the latest Summerboard, and no problems with any apps running.

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    I dunno...I have the latest Summerboard, and no problems with any apps running.
    Yeah, I know some people have been lucky. But if you read through, a lot of people have had problems with the latest Summerboard update. Most widely, it was causing various apps to crash back to the Springboard, lock ups, and a serious memory leak. This was eventually traced to the "Dim Wallpaper" option so if you dont use that, you've dodged a bullet.

Also some, myself included, noticed that when you tried to uninstall (or in some cases install) the new Summerboard update, you would get a nasty error message and it wouldnt uninstall (or install).

Since the update for Summerboard, the new Summerboard problems, the new iSolitaire update, and my sudden inability to get iSolitaire to work all happened on the same day for me. I smelled a skunk.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Here is my solution to getting iSolitaire 0.6 to work if it crashes for you:

1. Uninstall iSolitaire from Installer

2. I used WinSCP to access my iPod

3. Browse to: /Applications and delete iSolitaire.app if it is still there

4. Next Browse to: /private/var/root/Library and delete the iSolitaire folder (contains preferences.dat)

Finally, shutoff the iPod and turn it back on and go into Installer and install iSolitaire 0.6

I hope this helps. Good Luck!!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jp110099 For This Useful Post:

j1bar (12-05-2007), LeathaFace (12-05-2007), mlehrbaum (12-07-2007), scottvalentine (12-07-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by jp110099 View Post
    Here is my solution to getting iSolitaire 0.6 to work if it crashes for you:

1. Uninstall iSolitaire from Installer

2. I used WinSCP to access my iPod

3. Browse to: /Applications and delete iSolitaire.app if it is still there

4. Next Browse to: /private/var/root/Library and delete the iSolitaire folder (contains preferences.dat)

Finally, shutoff the iPod and turn it back on and go into Installer and install iSolitaire 0.6

I hope this helps. Good Luck!!
    it works very well, thanks!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i am loving this app, lol... i get so bored at work... now i got to find some scumm games, lol...

J1bar u are the MAN I was w/out my solitaire for 2 days..this worked like a charm! (I used iBrickr to del the file tho) but thanx

New version posted v0.7.

More bugfixes (hopefully fixes more of those missing card issues) and animation support. Always have wanted to add animation effects to the game and now have (can be turned off if so desired)

Enjoy!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deadstick For This Useful Post:

eyeandi (12-24-2007), jrentzke (12-18-2007)

the new version animation is very nice - maybe just make it a bit faster.

great game, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    the new version animation is very nice - maybe just make it a bit faster.

great game, thanks!
    I agree on the faster animation. And while we're on the subject, one bug related to the new animation. The first thing I did was turn off the animations. When you play as much Solitaire as I do, you want to get through those game you know aren't going to be productive as quickly as possible

So I set it off. But the next time I came in to play again (and yes, I'd probably rebooted my Touch since the last time I played) the animations were back on again. I went into the options and animations were still set to off. But I had to turn them on, then off again to get rid of them.

Again, this is really fantastic game. If you'd implement Vegas and/or Cumalitive scoring it would be identical to the Windows XP version I've been addicted to for years. And something I would pay/donate for the privledge of having on my Touch.

thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by deadstick View Post
    New version posted v0.7.

More bugfixes (hopefully fixes more of those missing card issues) and animation support. Always have wanted to add animation effects to the game and now have (can be turned off if so desired)

Enjoy!
    Awesome on the animations. I was about to email you today to tell you how I got it to work in iBlackjack, and well I see you got it already. I like the pulsate animation too when you place a card.

New version posted v0.71.

By popular demand I've increased the animation speed, fixed turn off animation bug mentioned above and refined the default icon...

Enjoy!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to deadstick For This Useful Post:

jrentzke (12-21-2007)

Thanks

I've caught a couple of bugs so far; one was where I started to move a card, then didn't, and it was stuck half-way between where it was supposed to be, and where I was putting it. No big deal though.

REALLY hoping you implement an "undo" feature, though! IMHO that's one of the basic missing features. I can't tell you the number of times I've hit next, then released I could have placed a card.

While I like the card animations, I turned them off since they're a bit slow for my liking.

edit: Oops, forgot to mention - feature request: While I probably wouldn't use it too much, I think it would be great if you could somehow implement a "custom background" image, where the user could select a photo from their iPhone and use that for the background.

works well & new animation speed is perfect, thank you!

Thanks

[QUOTE=HotStuff2;129705]
    REALLY hoping you implement an "undo" feature, though! IMHO that's one of the basic missing features. I can't tell you the number of times I've hit next, then released I could have placed a card.

Yes! I'd really love an "undo" feature. I was specifically searching to see if I was missing something and this thread came up.
    Otherwise great game. Its the one I play most.

Thanks for all the great improvements. This is one of my favorite phone games, and I'm didn't even like Solitaire much before!

A couple of small things (v0.71):

I've noticed that if you move the cards off the stack a little bit, and then try to move them back, they snap to the wrong position. This bug has existed for a long time, but only recently did I figure out how to reproduce it. Here's a screenshot where I've worked each stack deliberately to make a mess.

If a game is in progress, Solitaire leaves the process running even after quitting, I'm guessing to preserve the state. Any chance you will change that to save to a file instead? I haven't conducted any real scientific tests, but I've noticed the System Load is increased a bit when that process is running.

Also, It would be really nice if the version number showed up in the preference screen.

Thanks again for all the fun!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-1.png  
    Last edited by DaveiPhone; 12-23-2007 at 02:43 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks! My favorite game! If you're taking requests... I would enjoy some kind of auto un-stack to restart the game, once I have placed the last card to win.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456