+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSolitaire

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
how do we use it as a default ??
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

how do we use it as a default ??

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Once again, great looking work, armadillo!

Thanks

Loving this new theme system, excellent work!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadstick View Post
    I've setup an installer source at http://iphone.rustyredwagon.com/repo. As I come across new themes for iSolitaire I'll add them there so that you can install/uninstall at will. j1bar, yours is the first so thanks. I'm still looking for a more elaborate theme that includes card changes.

Enjoy!
    Hey, I have added your source.
    Is it possible to put the themes in /var/root/Media somewhere?
    Also, there is a Thumbs.db in there, which isn't needed and takes like 192kb of space

btw: I really like your app, it's great!!
    Thanks for it

Green Apple
    Thanks

Here's a skin I quickly put together for iSolitaire. Sorry armadillo, these file sizes still aren't optimized yet. Download here and hopefully if the developer wishes to, can put it in his repository.

Last edited by kurosagi; 11-29-2007 at 05:03 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Very nice work kurosagi. I'll add this to my repository. Love the card design..

armadillo, yes there's cards underneath other cards and I don't think I'll be changing this. Makes the logic of the game simpler. I'll look at the image name thing you mention. I'm a java developer by trade so still learning the cocoa ropes.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I would like to make the following suggestion to the developers of card games (I will crosspost thist in the iBlackjack thread as well):

Can the developers agree on a common naming scheme of cards and a default common theme directory as well as a consistent card size (say 80x60), so that themes can be accessed by all card games? that would make things so much easier. The only thing that would then be specific to the game would be special cards and the table background.
    I would be interested in this, as long as he is. The images can be scaled before drawn to make this universal system a bit easier, it just looks best to scale down than to scale up.

Obviously the default decks will be packaged in the application bundle itself, but others we can set some common location for the cards.

What naming convention do you use with iSolitare? I haven't dugg into the bundle yet.

Thanks

Cards are almost identical in size and names:

iS: 81x60 - iB: 80x60 (80x60 or 4:3 aspect ratio should work)

card names:

iS: 1x.png through 13x.png - iB: 2x.png trough 9x.png + a/j/q/kx.png (I would think that 1x trough 13x might be best, but it depend on who's code is more difficult to accommodate a new naming scheme; you guys decide).

Location of the card sets could be var/root/Library/PlayingCards/...

And finally, here's an alternative iSolitaire theme:

Come visit AlohaSoft

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'll initially reply here but maybe we should go offline in PM's so we don't bore the other folks...

I don't have a problem in standardizing card size and names. Size of 60x80 would work for me. I chose a width of 60 originally because I have a special need to fit 7 columns of cards on the screen without scrolling and them be large enough for dragging around. The 81 came from resizing and keeping the aspect ratio the same from the larger images I was using. I'd need some help fitting my existing cards into a 60x80 size as I'm no graphics wiz Regarding name I prefer 1-13[schd].png (1=ace, 11=jack, 12=queen, 13=king) as that's what I'm using now and I'd have to do some reworking to use another.. I imagine its the same for IBJ as well. At the very least if the size was the same that would solve alot of problems and the theme maker can worry about renaming which isn't too big a deal...

Regarding a common area for cards, this is where I have some questions.. My original goal for themes was a user would just install a theme, point to it via the options and it then displays. A theme is not only the cards but other stuff like the table (and I imagine IBJ has other requirements as well). If the cards are in a separate area what is the proposal to include the other pieces (table etc). I'd prefer that a user doesn't have to install a card deck theme and then an iSolitaire table theme for example. I'd rather have one theme install and then there's questions on who maintains what etc etc. Can we initially just agree on the size and naming convention for cards as a first step. This would allow anyone to create a theme for their game of choice by mix and matching cards between the 2 games and then supplying the other pieces required by each game (table for iSolitaire) as a single package. I'm open for suggestions but I think just standardizing on size and name would be a good first step...

Developer
    Thanks

I have the same concerns, about your second point as well. Lets do cards/names first and go from there.

I'll shoot you a PM so we can work this out over email.

Thanks

This is finally two developers talking to each other. That's just so great. Thanks guys.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

Just thought i would mention how much i love this app . It helps me waste so much time when im bored lol
    Robert C ( aka ) Newb with a Iphone

Thanks

I'll initially reply here but maybe we should go offline in PM's so we don't bore the other folks...
    Trust me, no one is bored with reading you guys talk. Ity also lets us comment on things you guys are discussing.

LOVE the new themes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Kurosagi please fix the download links

thx!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shizzabrick View Post
    Kurosagi please fix the download links

thx!
    sorry, what download is not working?

Green Apple
    Thanks

New version 0.6 available from my web site http://iphone.rustyredwagon.com. Other themes are also available from my web site repository. One of the main changes in this release is iSolitaire and iBlackJack have standardized on their cards image sizes so that you should be able to use the same cards in both games (helps you theme designers)

Enjoy!

PS: kurosagi's theme is available from my web site repository (thanks for making that available)

Green Apple
    Thanks

New version 0.6 available from my web site http://iphone.rustyredwagon.com. Other themes are also available from my web site repository. One of the main changes in this release is iSolitaire and iBlackJack have standardized on their cards image sizes so that you should be able to use the same cards in both games (helps you theme designers)

Enjoy!

PS: kurosagi's theme is available from my web site repository (thanks for making that available)
    are both themes available on your repository that I posted here. Also what size cards did you agree upon? awesome game by the way.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No, I hadn't seen the india one. I'll update my repository with these 2 themes , thanks.

The card size iSolitaire and iBlackJack agreed on was 60x80...

Thanks

New version 0.6 available from my web site http://iphone.rustyredwagon.com.
    I installed the update, and now 0.5 from Ste's website is showing as an "update". Installer.app needs to add a version check so that different repos that have the same package don't conflict like this.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Heads up. I have a Touch running 1.1.12 and installed .6 from your repo. It looks like it tries to start but then lands on my wallpaper and that's it. I tried .5 and the same thing occurs. This wonderfull game used to work for me.