Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSolitaire

how do i restart a new game? I have no more moves that i can do yet it jsut sits here like i do. also these options on v.03 ?? where and how do i get to them?

Double tap on the screen.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lgreenberg For This Useful Post:

Travace (11-21-2007)

thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone rugbrn's Avatar
    Thanks

So is anyones battery life going down much faster after installing this? I mean, I play this sweet app so much its killing my battery... lol

Thanks

Feature request: the ability to UNDO! At least one card undo, like Windows Solitaire has.

edit: And maybe a "difficulty level" setting. I've plays 20+ games and haven't won one yet. :-(
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 11-22-2007 at 02:02 PM.

Amazing time-passing game

After installing 0.4 it fixed a lot of bugs i was having with 0.3

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    edit: And maybe a "difficulty level" setting. I've plays 20+ games and haven't won one yet. :-(
    Funny, i just installed 0.4 about 5 minutes ago, just played and just won :-p

Thanks

I've won two or three times now.

Still want an "undo" feature!

V0.5 available on my website (though 0.4 just popped up on installer)

0.5 includes some more bug fixes (including the stock/talon resetting issue reported by many) and the ability to change themes (includes 2). I'd like to include in the core package a real cool theme that changes the cards as well at some point. Let me know...

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by deadstick View Post
    V0.5 available on my website (though 0.4 just popped up on installer)

0.5 includes some more bug fixes (including the stock/talon resetting issue reported by many) and the ability to change themes (includes 2). I'd like to include in the core package a real cool theme that changes the cards as well at some point. Let me know...

Enjoy!
    ill happy to make a unique Theme that will change the cards look and everything- will be ready in a few days.

This is a great game and has a very sleek interface; thanks for posting

My simple theme...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -table.png  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by j1bar; 11-27-2007 at 03:40 PM.

I've setup an installer source at http://iphone.rustyredwagon.com/repo. As I come across new themes for iSolitaire I'll add them there so that you can install/uninstall at will. j1bar, yours is the first so thanks. I'm still looking for a more elaborate theme that includes card changes.

Enjoy!

maybe its just me but i find that there is a problem with the shuffling(randomization)... i constantly receive all of one card value, or all of one color, or something like that... i've been playing it since it came out every day and sadly i have not won yet... lol

Really.. can you post some screenshots of what you mean exactly? Click the Deal button a couple of times and see if the cards change to your satisfaction. You should be getting a completely random shuffled deck each new game or new deal...

Here's what I'm working on...

Last edited by armadillo; 11-28-2007 at 08:31 PM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

now THAT'S what I'm talking about. That is very nice.... That's a theme that I would use as the default in the main package...

I'm still working on it, but you are welcome to use it as the default if you want. I'm trying to figure out what's going on with the back.png. Take alook at the screenshot I posted. My back.png has a shadow that is identical to that of the other cards, yet, it has a thick and dark shadow. Zoom in and check it yourself. Are you drawing something in the back of that card?

On another note. How do you place the cards in terms of coordinates. Is your reference the top left of the card? I am asking, because I would like to add padding to the cards, so that the wood frame around the cards grows with each card.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

No I'm not drawing anything besides the card image itself. Are your images the same size as my originals. If not maybe its related to that....

The coordinate reference is top left...

Okay, so are you drawing just one card in the top left shelf? Or do you draw several cards on top of each other? The latter would explain why the shadow is so dark. If the latter is true, could you draw just one card? that would make it look better.

I'll send you a version of the theme in a few minutes, so you can experiment better.

Oh, and one more thing. Could you load the table image by name only? You seem to specify the full name, including the png extension. In Cocoa, that is not required and it would allow me to use a jpg instead of png. jpg is more than enough to represent the table and file size remains small.

I would like to make the following suggestion to the developers of card games (I will crosspost thist in the iBlackjack thread as well):

Can the developers agree on a common naming scheme of cards and a default common theme directory as well as a consistent card size (say 80x60), so that themes can be accessed by all card games? that would make things so much easier. The only thing that would then be specific to the game would be special cards and the table background.
    Last edited by armadillo; 11-29-2007 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast