Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AFP on installer now works!!!

Default AFP on installer now works!!!
    In the words of Borat....Great Success!!

thank you to whoever put these files together for installer...
    you can mount the iphone right to your mac...
    its great for those who arent familiar with ssh and so forth...

new version 2.1 is working perfectly...
    thanks again

Just wondering, what is AFP?

what source are you getting this from and what is it called on installer? i cant find it!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yah where r u finding this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

Shai's Apps: ride4.org/shai.xml

Default Afp
    I've installed Shai's AFP, what do i do after that?

I read in TUAW that we must activate AFP in Finder, but i cannot find the Go

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

sorry guys that it took me a couple of trys till 2.1 to get it to work. I had a couple of brain farts that got in the way

install afp from my source, then follow the instructions on the TUAW link to connect through the finder

Will the transfer faster than SSH ? Any advantage compare with SSH ?

Default problems.
    i just installed your afp build and on restart my ipod touch is stuck at the apple screen. i'm getting a waiting indicator but it keeps overlaying itself (repeating on top instead of redrawing the screen) so i'm afraid its stuck. i've tried using the home+power hold to restore, but nothing gets it out of this... if i can't restore it through itunes, it's effectively a brick.

any idea?

all was not lost! left it off for a few minutes, turned it back on and it's able to sync with itunes, even though its still stuck on the apple screen. so whatever is happening to it must have halted just short of springboard and networking as i can't get ssh working either... time to restore.

ugh.
    Last edited by Maraklov; 11-19-2007 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

afp doesnt do anything that would affect loadup. There is a launch deamon, however I have tried that deamon with the afp files installer and without.

afp was written by core and posted on TUAW. I posted it up on my installer source and most have gotten it to work. I'm not sure however if it is touch compatible or not.

If you can SSH into your phone I suggest looking for an /opt folder then checking the system/library/launch deamons for the the afp plist. Delete that plist and you should be fine