+ Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NemusSync : Wireless Sync Google Calendar

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Put all prefs to "ON" (download events, upload events) but the down only updated to "OFF". It works.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Put all prefs to "ON" (download events, upload events) but the down only updated to "OFF". It works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I created an appointment in google calendar and in iphone calendar. When I click on the sync button, the calendar on my iphone got the update but when I log on to google calendar it didn't get the appointment made from the iphone.

Seems like it is only working one way for me ..

The odd thing is, if I delete the appointment that was imported from google calendar on my iphone and then sync, it would delete the appointment from my google calendar. So it does update but why doesn't it import calendar entries from the iphone to google?
    Last edited by zzricezz; 11-27-2008 at 03:27 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone briangriffin's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems like I spoke too soon...

This _was_ working fine on 2.2 for me but now I get a long "Error Domain=GoogleAccounts Code=-1 "Operation could not be completed" error... Pah. That'll teach me! :-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spiliog View Post
    Works fine with me. I just downloaded and syncs great. I also intalled the .plist file that he has on his web for autosyncing and it works great.

He has a plist file on his website. Follow the instructions and place it in the phone. It auto syncs like a charm.
    Please could you explain how you did this? I followed the instructions but have no auto syncing. Do you need to install other software or run anything in terminal?

Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankbutcher28 View Post
    Please could you explain how you did this? I followed the instructions but have no auto syncing. Do you need to install other software or run anything in terminal?

Thanks.
    Here are the instruction for pc (on XP)
    First go to NemusSync - sync between google and iPhone. At the bottom of the page there is a link with a .plist file. Download it and save it to your desktop.

Open the plist file with wordpad. At the bottom of the file you' ll read the txt <key>StartInterval</key>
    <integer>1800</integer>

Change the number to that that your nemus sync want to auto sync with GCalendar. Mine is 1800/60=30. (The number represents seconds).

Save the file. SSH to your iPhone and go to System/Library/LaunchDaemons. Put the file in there and reboot the phone. You're ready.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

I have the problem that my iPhone internal calender doesn't sync correctly with GCal.

The first time I ran NemusSync it created a duplicate calender with the GCal name (since I already sync GCal with Outlook on my PC). So I changed the name of my standard GCal calender to the name that the iPhone calender has ("Kalender" in German).

Now this "Kalender" always is deleted from my calender list in Nemus and doesn't sync at all. Only when I refetch the list it shows up again, but doesn't sync correctly either.

How can I have a unified calender with the iPhone's standard, internal calender and GCal?

Do I have to delete my Google calender and let NemusSync recreate it (does this work??) or maybe delete my iPhone calender and let Nemus import everything? I'm scared of either of these options, so any help would really be great.

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmn08 View Post
    Hi,

I have the problem that my iPhone internal calender doesn't sync correctly with GCal.

The first time I ran NemusSync it created a duplicate calender with the GCal name (since I already sync GCal with Outlook on my PC). So I changed the name of my standard GCal calender to the name that the iPhone calender has ("Kalender" in German).

Now this "Kalender" always is deleted from my calender list in Nemus and doesn't sync at all. Only when I refetch the list it shows up again, but doesn't sync correctly either.

How can I have a unified calender with the iPhone's standard, internal calender and GCal?

Do I have to delete my Google calender and let NemusSync recreate it (does this work??) or maybe delete my iPhone calender and let Nemus import everything? I'm scared of either of these options, so any help would really be great.

Thanks!
    Hi! The way that Nemus syncs works is very easy: it creates the GCal Calendars to your iPhone in order for you to sync it with iTunes. So, first delete all the calendars that you already have in tour iPhone. Then let Nemus sync create your GCals to youe iPhone and after that sync with iTunes. It is possible to have a problem with the "incossistent data" during the desktop syncing but it doesn't matter.
    Also, after the first syncing put the 3 setting options of Nemus sync to "on" (download events, upload events, down only updated) in order to sync with GCal in sorter time (the idea is to download only the updated events from the web).\
    Good luck. All the above worked perfect in my iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you so much, spiliog, it works brilliantly now!

A hint on how to delete calenders on your iPhone: NemusSync has the option built-in! Maybe the naming is confusing, in German it's "Termine löschen".
    If that doesn't work and you end up with an empty calender and one from Google after the sync, you can delete the calender database on your iPhone by SSHing in (look in the /mobile/library/calender folder or so, there's a database file you have to delete).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    bmn08,

I'm having the same issue as you and I been trying all night to figure it out but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I use Outlook on my PC and that sync ok with itune. When I use NemusSync to sync with my google calendar, it would create a second calendar on my iphone. When I sync with itune, itune will then pickup the google calendar. The problem is, now i gotta manage 2 calendar instead of one.

I tried renaming my google calendar to "Calendar" to match my outlook calendar name but that didn't matter, iphone still pickup 2 calendar.

Please help, I must of done something wrong? or miss a step?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow! This is great!! Thank you Sangwook Han!!!

One item of note for others experiencing problems with syncing to the correct time: my iPhone had 'time zone support' in the Settings-general-calendar settings switched on for some reason (I have never used this feature...). It was set to GMT+2 whereas I am at GMT+1. Took my a while to figure out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Uni-Directional
    I'm having the same problem as others: I can download from Google Calendars brilliantly, but getting my entries up into the Google Calendar is proving to be futile. I am downloading from two calendars, but can't upload to any.

I have a default calendar defined in the Advanced Settings.

I have tried to Sync with Download Events & Upload Events selected on ON and Download Only Updated on OFF, and it won't upload events.

I've tried to sync with Upload Events only ON and both downloading options OFF, and it won't upload events.

I even tried creating a new event to see if it was just the events that were already there that weren't uploading, and the new event didn't upload either.

I've powered off and back on the iPhone.

My iPhone is set to automatically set the time, so there's no Timezone option. But the dates appear fine, even on all-day events ... it's just a problem with the uploading.

Under the Google Account, I have the Calendar I want to sync to set to "Up/Down", but it doesn't appear the Up part of that is working.

I am using an iPhone 3G with 2.2 jailbroken firmware. I have NemusSync version 0.6.5 downloaded through Cydia. I have wanted Google Calendar syncing since I got my 1st Gen iPhone, and it's bumming me out that I can't upload. That was mainly the point: I had all my entries on my iPhone, and I wanted to have them synced to Google. Downloading from Google is pretty useless for me.

I think the program is great, but at the moment completely useless. I'd love to get this working. I even registered with the forum to ask this question because it seems others have had this problem, and there appears to be some bright people in here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @alangerow
    Do not sync your iphone calendar with your computer. Just use google calendar to sync with your computer (iCal or outlook). Then everything will be fine.
    PS: you may have to clear your accounts & events in nemussync

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eclau View Post
    @alangerow
    Do not sync your iphone calendar with your computer. Just use google calendar to sync with your computer (iCal or outlook). Then everything will be fine.
    PS: you may have to clear your accounts & events in nemussync
    I'm partially confused on what you're talking about. But:

1. I don't sync my iPhone's calendar to anything. That's why I want to get this Google Calendar thing working directly from my iPhone. I don't use Outlook, or have a Mac. In fact, when I look at the info tab on my iPhone in iTunes, it says: "No supported calendar application can be found" ... so I don't, never have, and probably never will sync my calendar to any program on my computer other than iTunes for backing up.

2. It sounds like you're telling me to get my Google Calendar syncing done on my desktop or laptop computer. Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of using this app? If I wanted to sync my Google Calendar through something on my computer, I wouldn't have installed this app at all. I don't want my computer involved at all in this process ... that's why I installed NemusSync

3. If I back-up my iPhone with iTunes, clear my accounts & events, and then resync, will I get all my events back? If I were to lose all the events I've entered directly into my iPhone (pretty much everything) I would be very remorse.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just backup your contacts then before clearing... I almost gave up at one point before finally found the solution. Since then it's been perfect.
    Like you, I do not want to set or change events on my computer or on google. All I want is doing everything on my iphone.
    My current setup is such that any changes on iphone calendar will be sync with google using NemusSync and whenever I open iCal on my Mac, iCal will sync with google. I am also sharing my google calendars. Occasionally, I make changes on iCal and these changes will be sync to my iphone via google & NemusSync.
    Just go through all the posts on this thread but my solution was clearing the events and accounts, and select both Download Events and Upload events. After confirming the sync is working, subsequently, you can select Down Only Updated. Of course, I did backup before doing so.
    Last edited by eclau; 01-07-2009 at 02:51 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think I finally got what you were getting at.

I almost got it all working with the iPhone directly. The probably ended up being that uploading events DID start working after I clicked on the Clean SyncInfo. BUT, it wouldn't upload all of them. It would get about half way and stop, going on to download the next Calendar. Then, on a subsequent Resync, it wouldn't upload anything at all.

What I've ended up doing is this:

I installed Microsoft Outlook (ugh), and synced my iPhone to that. Then, I installed the CalDev Add-on for Outlook to get bidirectional syncing with Google Calendar. This got all of my iPhone entries into Google Calendar.

And that's how I'm going to update everything. I can't seem to get NemusSync to reliably upload events or changes. I'm going to instead do it through my desktop. And since I mainly use the iPhone for my calendaring, I'm going to have to be fine with that, since Google Calendars is more of my back-up. At least I'm able to sync it. NemusSync just doesn't like my Google Calendar for some reason. Every time I sync all the entries now, I get 4-6 duplicates of my entries. I'm sick of deleting over 4 and a half years of calendar entries.

I have a working solution, and I'm gonna stick with it. Maybe I'll try the other syncing program ... with the intermediary server.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Now that you have gotten everything on Google Calendar, then you really should try to clear events/accounts on your iphone. In my case, from this point onwards, everything just works perfectly, upload & download...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to eclau For This Useful Post:

alangerow (01-09-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I figured that would work, but I was done. It was working, so I stopped. Then Outlook stopped working, and then I tried NuevaSync, and that worked great, but then it wouldn't sync past 2 weeks before the current date. Which sucked. Then I got Outlook to work again.

I reinstalled NemusSync, cleared the calendar, and now it is working. I guess uploading a couple hundred events was too much for it (or Google Calendar). It appears to upload a couple fine, so I'm using it now.

Now to install the automatic sync.

This has been an ordeal, but it's all working now. Thanks for the advice & support.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    0.6.6 available but no changelog yet

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome! NemusSync completely just saved the day. I just got a new job where we use Exchange and while I want to have my work appointments on my iPhone, I also want my iCal events to sync.

I ended up using iCal Exchange to upload my iCal calendar, synced my Google calendar to that, then used NemusSync to sync Google calendar with my iPhone. Quite a few loops to jump through, but it works!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Gettin a headache
    Hi.
    I'm not a techy (by far!) but I am pretty easy at understanding things by following steps.Well,I tried and tried with this great,little app but it just ain't doing what it should be.....
    The iPhone is a 3G on OS 3.0,having been JailBroken and using Cydia. Does everything I need it to do except when it comes to the synch part of uploading Calendar/Contacts,etc.Came across loads of rave reviews about the 'NemuSynch' app.Downloaded via 'Cydia' and installed.Followed installation instructions after reading up various comments made on other sites:Therefore,just downloaded all calander/contact info from iPhone onto my HP laptop,which contains a trial version of Office 2007,hence Outlook.All successful!
    Tried following steps shown in some of this forum but have failed to get the iPhone to upload the info to my Google account.Also,tried to wipe all accounts and events to let 'NemusSynch' do its stuff and,all I succeeded in doing was to erase all calendar info from my phone!
    I'm going to trawel through this forum,once more,to see if I can find a step-by-step guide.If not,is there anyone who can assist me as evryone else seems to be succeeding?
    Thanx,in advance.
    Andy.