+ Reply
Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94102103104105 LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2092

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [New Killer App] IntelliScreen - Your "Slide to Unlock" Screen on Steriods

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by DiPSET08 O my, why must people take things so literal.. you know what I mean. When I said 'bricked' I meant having to restore, which takes a
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DiPSET08 View Post
    O my, why must people take things so literal..
    you know what I mean. When I said 'bricked' I meant having to restore, which takes a lot of time. I am until this moment with an iPhone that can't be activated. Was just trying to warn people before they decide to upgrade. If you go ahead and upgrade and nothing happens...GREAT! if not...well I warned you.

Anyways I don't have the time to keep up with all the terms and what exactly they mean in the jailbreaking community.
    This is nothing new in the "jailbreaking community." Reporting a problem of having a bricked phone means something very specific. But, many people tend to like to use the sensationalistic word "bricked" to describe a situation that is not "bricked." A phone is bricked when it becomes about as useful as, say, a... brick. What you experienced was a need to restore. And, honestly, it is very easy to restore an iPhone, especially if you have backed things up properly.

I responded in this forum as I did, because you "literally" accused a app of destroying your iPhone. It did not. You were inconvenienced, and it should not have happened. But - when you jailbreak a phone, and begin installing numbers of different apps, particularly ones that modify the mobilesubstrate, then you have opened yourself up to the type of problems you have encountered.

A safe way to avoid those problems is to not ever install any apps unless they come through the Apple Appstore.

But, as we all know - and that's why we are here - that leaves out a whole lot of great potential for the iPhone. So - we make our choice, and take our chances! Literally!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    This is nothing new in the "jailbreaking community." Reporting a problem of having a bricked phone means something very specific. But, many people tend to like to use the sensationalistic word "bricked" to describe a situation that is not "bricked." A phone is bricked when it becomes about as useful as, say, a... brick. What you experienced was a need to restore. And, honestly, it is very easy to restore an iPhone, especially if you have backed things up properly.

I responded in this forum as I did, because you "literally" accused a app of destroying your iPhone. It did not. You were inconvenienced, and it should not have happened. But - when you jailbreak a phone, and begin installing numbers of different apps, particularly ones that modify the mobilesubstrate, then you have opened yourself up to the type of problems you have encountered.

A safe way to avoid those problems is to not ever install any apps unless they come through the Apple Appstore.

But, as we all know - and that's why we are here - that leaves out a whole lot of great potential for the iPhone. So - we make our choice, and take our chances! Literally!
    Well, since you seem to know SO much. Tell me, how can I get my phone back on AT&T? I tried for 3 hours earlier today, went to work with a 'No Service' phone, just got back and now I have to try other things. I used to be able to jailbreak and do everything easily. But I haven't been following the jailbreaking community for a while so I guess I missed out on a few things.

Anyways, I've never had a problem like this with Intelliscreen, so I was just stating my problem so other users would be aware and possibly backup there things just in case something were to happen. The last thing ANYONE wants is to lost all their contacts, info., etc...

Thanks

I dont know "so" much. I just follow what the instructions found here say. If I were in your situation, I would look in the Guides section, and find the proper guide to set up your iPhone with a newly created custom ipsw file. There are other guides you can find on the web that have very good detail and excellent graphics. Go to one, and follow the dirrections exactly. This will involve you restoring your iphone with your custom created ipsw file. When I do this, I always set up my phone as a new phone, so that I am sure to not re-introduce problems from before.

If your phone has already been activated on ATT, then you will have no problems at all. And, remember to make the proper selections, stating that you do not need to unlock, and that your phone does not need to be activated.

I am sorry that you are frustrated. I have been there. But, it's not going to be hard to take care of it.

Lastly, this thread isn't really the place to continue this discussion. This thread is for discussion on Intelliscreen. I know that's what you started talking about, but this is going down a rabbit trail off subject now. Look in the index here on MMi, and you will find an entire section with threads that discuss the very issues you are dealing with. I do wish you well.

Thanks

Just got finished restoring it to 3.0 without paying a dev for a slot.
    Anyways, I hope no other phones have to restore since it can be a pain for anyone that's REALLY busy with work, etc...
    Luckily I took my time this time and upgraded from 2.1 to 3.0 =]
    3.0 is real nice.

iPhone? More like MyPhone interstink's Avatar
    Thanks

Just got finished restoring it to 3.0 without paying a dev for a slot.
    Anyways, I hope no other phones have to restore since it can be a pain for anyone that's REALLY busy with work, etc...
    Luckily I took my time this time and upgraded from 2.1 to 3.0 =]
    3.0 is real nice.
    Are your running intelliscreen or myprofiles on 3.0? Or maybe the better question is, can your run any jailbreak Applications? Is an "unofficial" QuickPwn out for 3.0? 3.0 is going to be great, but only after Jailbreak

FYI, if you dont have time to restore at work or the phone is important for business, why would you even be running a beta firmware for a production device. Just my $0.02

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Once again, this didn't "brick" your phone. If your phone was "bricked" - and I am not aware of ANY iphone that has ever been "bricked" from any Intelliscreen update - then your iPhone would be a worthless piece of unuseable hardware. If you restored your phone, then by definition, it is not bricked.

Also - just for the record, I have run all of the updates, and have not had to restore my iPhone at all. It is working just fine at this moment, following the latest update in Rock app.
    same with me. I resisted adding the Rock Your Phone thing, but I gave in and have no problem with it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm out. Sorry IS devs, but you shoved this broken Rock sh!t down users throats. So what if it works now for most people? I don't have the inclination to support a dev who pulls that crap. I'm sure you could care less as you already have my money for Intelliscreen and Vonagent, but the last thing I need is MORE mobilesubstrate patching etc.

Thanks for showing us the bad side to independent iPhone app development, crazy considering you have two great apps...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tiorio View Post
    I'm out. Sorry IS devs, but you shoved this broken Rock sh!t down users throats. So what if it works now for most people? I don't have the inclination to support a dev who pulls that crap. I'm sure you could care less as you already have my money for Intelliscreen and Vonagent, but the last thing I need is MORE mobilesubstrate patching etc.

Thanks for showing us the bad side to independent iPhone app development, crazy considering you have two great apps...
    No one is forcing you to upgrade Intelliscreen. It is your choice if you want the latest and greatest. I would be more inclined to say that Cydia needs to make it MUCH MORE obvious that you are downloading an application that has dependancies attached to your download.

Think Different!

Thanks

it's not "rock your phone" IT'S"COCK YOUR PHONE" stay clear or you will have to reformat your phone....

John

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by interstink View Post
    Are your running intelliscreen or myprofiles on 3.0? Or maybe the better question is, can your run any jailbreak Applications? Is an "unofficial" QuickPwn out for 3.0? 3.0 is going to be great, but only after Jailbreak

FYI, if you dont have time to restore at work or the phone is important for business, why would you even be running a beta firmware for a production device. Just my $0.02
    Haven't tried installing Intelliscreen on 3.0 yet. Some jailbreak applications can be run. It is alright.

Anyways, to answer your other question. I was forced to upgrade to 3.0 because my 2.2.1 doesn't let me activate my phone. 3.0 does. And not that it's important for work. It's just that no phone = no communication with anyone. How would you feel if you didn't have your cell when you were out?
    Jailbreaking takes time to people who aren't keeping up to date with everything happening.

Quote Originally Posted by tiorio View Post

Agreed, sucks when devs try to force things onto their users.
    Last edited by DiPSET08; 04-11-2009 at 11:32 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

WOW.. all the issues. I had ONE issue and that was when I initially installed Rock - had to restore. Since then I've been issue free. IS is the one app I depend on and enjoy. Gotta give some positive props to the devs since things are working well for me.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monica_69 View Post
    mine updated no problem

still having issues with Intelliscreen and SBSettings, they won't play nice together !!!!

hopefully psuskeels fixes this in the next revision, pleaseeeeeeeee.....
    Just wait two or three days - just got a mail from rock support - they are fixing it at the moment.

Ruben

Thanks

that's great news ! Thank u

Thanks

... I was forced to upgrade to 3.0 because my 2.2.1 doesn't let me activate my phone. 3.0 does.
    So you are saying you cant use the iPhone unless you are using a Beta version of the not yet released iPhone OS? Sounds like something else is going on here... Good luck with that!

BTW, you cant complain about any software not working or having to restore your device if you are using iPhone OS 3.0. Maybe your 3.0 OS updated baseband or other radio settings and your phone cannot be downgraded.
    Last edited by interstink; 04-13-2009 at 09:41 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by interstink View Post
    So you are saying you cant use the iPhone unless you are using a Beta version of the not yet released iPhone OS? Sounds like something else is going on here... Good luck with that!

BTW, you cant complain about any software not working or having to restore your device if you are using iPhone OS 3.0. Maybe your 3.0 OS updated baseband or other radio settings and your phone cannot be downgraded.
    O my...can people drop this already? [Was just trying to warn people, not start anything with people that decide to take things personal]

Okay. My last time trying to explain this.
    I downloaded 2.2.1 from iTunes and tried to restore, quickpwn, nothing. I could use the phone (music, calculator, etc.) but it was not activated. So I did the same with 3.0, couldn't activate, did the iUtility string thing. iTunes thought I was on 2.2.1, activated. DONE.

Btw...many people have reported that they have downgraded fine to 2.2.1 after upgrading to 3.0, so much for that theory...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Version 2.57 is out, but solution for Irealsms s**ks

They just stop quickreply - thats not acceptable

Ruben

Thanks

Rockyourphone.com is down - NO UPDATE FOR YOU!

The nasty part of replying on a 3rd party for sales, distribution, updates, and a living. It'll be back up eventually.

UPDATE: Its back up, but a scary looking update - Updating everything via. Rock.app.
    Last edited by interstink; 04-15-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks

Updated all apps in Rock with no problems.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Same here, I had 6 updates. All updates went flawlessly.

Thanks

Updates worked great, but found some real annoying bugs in myprofiles and intellidial.

Con you confirm... MyProfiles, Custom Email alert. When an alert is about to sound, does your volume bezel appear and the reappear after sound is played? Like the phone is changing volumes before and after alert sound is played.