+ Reply
Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93101102103104105 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2092

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [New Killer App] IntelliScreen - Your "Slide to Unlock" Screen on Steriods

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by psuskeels Hey All - - So obviously IntelliScreen 2.55 is out on Cydia. Summary of Changes from 2.32 to 2.55 ============= - Skype Compatibility - Status Bar
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Hey All -
    - So obviously IntelliScreen 2.55 is out on Cydia.

Summary of Changes from 2.32 to 2.55
    =============
    - Skype Compatibility
    - Status Bar activation from any app
    - Removal of Perf Boost (causing issues for other devs)
    - Fix for weather for intl locations
    - Integration with Rock Your Phone/Rock Extensions

I know some of you have initially not been excited about installing Rock Your Phone. However, it makes the most sense for IntelliScreen primarily for the benefit of managing license transfers. Previously, licenses we're tied to serial #'s. When you broke your phone, upgraded, etc. some users purchased a new license, some transferred, some contacted support, etc. It was an painful process. With Rock Your Phone - it's automatic - the license is tied to your RockID (email).

As far as the impact to you - it's an installation of about 500kb on your iPhone (hopefully you have the space ), an additional icon, and an enhanced version of mobilesubstrate (rock extensions). Granted, there were previous issues with uninstalling, etc. but these (to our knowledge) have been ironed out, and thus we made the decision to bring all IntelliScreen users over.

If there are any specific items of concern that you need addressed, post or PM. I am committed to making more enhancements for IntelliScreen (I know it's been awhile) but MyProfiles, Elert, etc have kept me busy.

Thank you all for your patience and support for IntelliScreen.
    Psuskeels, have you read my other thread ? I'll paste it here:

here's what I have:

iPhone 3G, latest 2.2.1 Firmware

Installed latest version of Intelliscreen v2.55 via Rock Your Phone

also have Irealquicksms installed

When I press volume up button, Irealquicksms popup comeup like it should
    unfortunately it is BEHIND Intelliscreen lockscreen !

I cannot access the keyboard to start typing a quick reply!

This only happens on the lockscreen. If I am at my springboard, it works perfectly.

Never had this issue with Intelliscreen 2.32

I've read Reznor's comments that this is an Intelliscreen bug, not an Irealquicksms bug.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

@psukeels
    Have you seen and heard the loads of poeple that did install rockapp before the intellscreen update, did the update as shown in cydia and now nothing works anymore - no cydia, no rockapps,no IS - only thing left is restore?

You guys are really something. IS is a great app, but shovling down our throats that rockapp was one thing, having had loads and I mean loads (read this forum only) of restores cause your app messed up iphones and can't be uninstalled as easy as it should - you should give away th eapps you are trying to sell or really fix that stuff.

I cannot remember any other app or installer (icy as an example) that messed so much like rockapp - so PLEASE, PLEASE fix your apps, make it uninstallable fast and in the meantime tell people how to update their stuff

1. If you installed 2.55 via cydia - how would you update next time
    2. If you installed 2.55 over Rockapp - how would you update next time Cydia shows you an update (thats were all iphones who updated that way crashed)

WE NEED ANSWERS MAN. We just used your software, even bought it, so whats up here

Ruben

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I loved IS, but had to delete it as it was (v 2.32) was causing a number of issues on my 16g 3G.
    I'd get the same iRealSMS issue mentioned above, I'd get the IS screen popping up whenever I was pulling up SBSettings, I'd get freezing and had to reset a number of times.
    On the last day of the demo I had to reboot 4 times and decided to delete as opposed to buying the app (the entire reason I JB in the first place) and then got caught in an endless reboot cycle that led to my having to restore.
    IS there a memory leak issue?
    Last edited by Adthakari; 04-08-2009 at 03:01 PM.

Thanks

Like it. One of the best Installer apps downloaded.

Thanks

does anyone know if BiteSMS has the same issues or any other issues with the latest version of Intelliscreen ?

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

monica: This is not a bug with IntelliScreen - it's an issue with integration of two different components. I'll take a look into a solution , but the work around is to swipe across the clock area to hide IntelliScreen
    Tosbsas: I have heard of issues a week or two ago about an older RockApp update, etc. But all known issues were resolved to date (I haven't heard of it causing everything to not work specifically btw). This is why we made the update available in Cydia. As far as updating the RockApp, you can do so via Cydia or RockApp.
    Adtharkari: I don't think your issues with needing to reboot are due to IntelliScreen. There was an issue where if you installed IntelliScreen via Cydia, upgraded via Rock Your Phone, and then uninstalled via Cydia. However, this was resolved in 2.54 of IntelliScreen.
    Nemesis & Interstink: Thanks for the support

All: To support IS customers via Cydia, IntelliScreen updates will be available via Cydia or the RockApp. Hopefully, you'll understand the need for the Rock App/Rock Extensions - as it's our licensing platform and provides enhanced error handling.

Please note - The Rock Your Phone desktop client also has a great feature you might find handy in the future. It auto-detects your iPhone when it won't start (has a spinning wheel of death). There's never a need to do a restore.

Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

iPhone? More like MyPhone interstink's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis12 View Post
    Like it. One of the best Installer apps downloaded.
    I agree... Its a distant second to the AppStore, but like it much better then Cydia.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post

Tosbsas: I have heard of issues a week or two ago about an older RockApp update, etc. But all known issues were resolved to date (I haven't heard of it causing everything to not work specifically btw). This is why we made the update available in Cydia. As far as updating the RockApp, you can do so via Cydia or RockApp.
    Nemesis & Interstink: Thanks for the support

All: To support IS customers via Cydia, IntelliScreen updates will be available via Cydia or the RockApp. Hopefully, you'll understand the need for the Rock App/Rock Extensions - as it's our licensing platform and provides enhanced error handling.

Please note - The Rock Your Phone desktop client also has a great feature you might find handy in the future. It auto-detects your iPhone when it won't start (has a spinning wheel of death). There's never a need to do a restore.
    @psuskeels
    Do you read german? There is more than 20 people that have their iphone made unusable bei updating an existing install to 2.55 -that happened yesterday and not a week ago, so your answer is wrong.

Are you saying I can update to 2.56 via both ways for sure?

Ruben

@psuskeels
    your solution for monica will not work if you use sbsettings

Ruben

Edit:
    I jumped
    After update form 2.32 to 2,55 via Cydia y updated today to 2.56 via Rockapp. All fine. The trick, if you use Cydia might be to install anything with rock in it first, than install IS update. But dunno

Support of ryphone answered fast, although wasn't giving any garanties. Thanks God I didn't need them.

Ruben
    Last edited by tosbsas; 04-08-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tosbsas View Post
    @psuskeels

your solution for monica will not work if you use sbsettings...
    I have found if I swipe across the entire status bar it tends to only display the sbsettings.

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Punisher's Avatar
    Thanks

Is IS compatible with 3.0 beta that is out?

maz
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tosbsas View Post
    @psuskeels
    Do you read german? There is more than 20 people that have their iphone made unusable bei updating an existing install to 2.55 -that happened yesterday and not a week ago, so your answer is wrong.

Are you saying I can update to 2.56 via both ways for sure?

Ruben

@psuskeels
    your solution for monica will not work if you use sbsettings

Ruben

Edit:
    I jumped
    After update form 2.32 to 2,55 via Cydia y updated today to 2.56 via Rockapp. All fine. The trick, if you use Cydia might be to install anything with rock in it first, than install IS update. But dunno

Support of ryphone answered fast, although wasn't giving any garanties. Thanks God I didn't need them.

Ruben
    Hey Ruben!
    What psuskeels means for monica is that to "swipe across the clock area to hide IS"
    are the BIG clock on LockScreen NOT the clock up at the status bar man!
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

Thanks

No sooner did some of us say more dev.'s will jump on the Rock, did I open the Rock.app and looky, looky...

I guess what they say is true, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, if I had an app, I would put out wherever I could.

Thanks

I just installed the new version of Intellishared and now I have to restore. =[
    Just a warning...be careful if you decide to install the version, or it might just have been my phone..who knows.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DiPSET08 For This Useful Post:

TheOrioles33 (04-10-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DiPSET08 View Post
    I just installed the new version of Intellishared and now I have to restore. =[
    Just a warning...be careful if you decide to install the version, or it might just have been my phone..who knows.
    Thats just unbelievable. I'm glad I didnt install that update. Did you update through the Rock app? Seems like when you do, you have to restore. I have done the last couple updates through Cydia (when available) and its worked ok. What is up with this damn app that causes everyone to have to restore? Its quite ridiculous.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOrioles33 For This Useful Post:

DiPSET08 (04-10-2009)

Thanks

mine updated no problem

still having issues with Intelliscreen and SBSettings, they won't play nice together !!!!

hopefully psuskeels fixes this in the next revision, pleaseeeeeeeee.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Thats just unbelievable. I'm glad I didnt install that update. Did you update through the Rock app? Seems like when you do, you have to restore. I have done the last couple updates through Cydia (when available) and its worked ok. What is up with this damn app that causes everyone to have to restore? Its quite ridiculous.
    No problem, it MIGHT have just been my phone. And yes I updated it through the 'Rock' app. It seemed like a great new 'Appstore' but it bricked my phone. After it updated, the little screen with 'Soft restart required' (or whatever it says) came up and so I proceeded and bam..spinning wheel of death. Tried to start it over, but it gets stuck on the Apple logo and just keeps vibrating, at least I got to back it up one last time on iTunes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DiPSET08 View Post
    No problem, it MIGHT have just been my phone. And yes I updated it through the 'Rock' app. It seemed like a great new 'Appstore' but it bricked my phone. After it updated, the little screen with 'Soft restart required' (or whatever it says) came up and so I proceeded and bam..spinning wheel of death. Tried to start it over, but it gets stuck on the Apple logo and just keeps vibrating, at least I got to back it up one last time on iTunes.
    Once again, this didn't "brick" your phone. If your phone was "bricked" - and I am not aware of ANY iphone that has ever been "bricked" from any Intelliscreen update - then your iPhone would be a worthless piece of unuseable hardware. If you restored your phone, then by definition, it is not bricked.

Also - just for the record, I have run all of the updates, and have not had to restore my iPhone at all. It is working just fine at this moment, following the latest update in Rock app.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Once again, this didn't "brick" your phone. If your phone was "bricked" - and I am not aware of ANY iphone that has ever been "bricked" from any Intelliscreen update - then your iPhone would be a worthless piece of unuseable hardware. If you restored your phone, then by definition, it is not bricked.

Also - just for the record, I have run all of the updates, and have not had to restore my iPhone at all. It is working just fine at this moment, following the latest update in Rock app.
    O my, why must people take things so literal..
    you know what I mean. When I said 'bricked' I meant having to restore, which takes a lot of time. I am until this moment with an iPhone that can't be activated. Was just trying to warn people before they decide to upgrade. If you go ahead and upgrade and nothing happens...GREAT! if not...well I warned you.

Anyways I don't have the time to keep up with all the terms and what exactly they mean in the jailbreaking community.

Thanks

I havent seen those issues when using the Rock.app on the iPhone. But have seen the restore mode issue when using the Rock Your Phone desktop application for Mac. I just dont use it anymore. Maybe in the future.