Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EyeTV WiFi Launcher

Default EyeTV WiFi Launcher
    EyeTV 2.5 allows WiFi access to any media files in your EyeTV library and streams any show you available to your iPhone. This is a simple launcher file that will open your EyeTV URL directly from the Springboard.

To get this up and running on your iPhone, edit the "Info.plist" file and add your IP address to the "Embark URL" string.

This package includes both a sized EyeTV icon and a "Launching EyeTV" graphic.

Enjoy!

Last edited by jwcrash; 11-04-2007 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Sadun link added
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Frickin awesome. Too bad I don't have the mactv device.

That's great. I had it bookmarked, but this is easier for me. I love my eyeTV and iPhone!

Quote Originally Posted by giantquesadilla View Post
    That's great. I had it bookmarked, but this is easier for me. I love my eyeTV and iPhone!
    Me, too. Having it on the Springboard saves 3 clicks by my count.

Where is the info.plst file? Sorry for my stupidity, but I'm kinda new at this.

Quote Originally Posted by giantquesadilla View Post
    Where is the info.plst file? Sorry for my stupidity, but I'm kinda new at this.
    No problem...I remember when I first found out about "Show Package Contents" myself.

Right-click the EyeTV app you downloaded and choose "Show Package Contents". It should open a window with a few files...including the Info.plist.

Open it and change "(Your IP Address)" with the IP found in EyeTV's Preferences under "WiFi Access". You should be all set!
    Last edited by jwcrash; 11-05-2007 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Corrected a ridiculous mistake on my part

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jwcrash For This Useful Post:

giantquesadilla (11-05-2007)

Thanks. I knew there was a way to open apps, but I forgot how. I couldn't figure it out, so I assumed it was different for iPhone apps.