+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ToggleBacklight Application

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Nice idea but still too much to tap. Why not integrate a brightness toggle into SBSettings? Anyone has an idea how to realise this? For the beginning this could either
    Thanks

Nice idea but still too much to tap.
    Why not integrate a brightness toggle into SBSettings?
    Anyone has an idea how to realise this?
    For the beginning this could either toggle to full or lowest brightness.

I emailed bigboss about the brightness toggle, I'll post his message in case he answers.
    Last edited by ilena; 10-30-2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Update

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilena View Post
    Nice idea but still too much to tap.
    Why not integrate a brightness toggle into SBSettings?
    Anyone has an idea how to realise this?
    For the beginning this could either toggle to full or lowest brightness.

I emailed bigboss about the brightness toggle, I'll post his message in case he answers.
    i've posted a few comments about a brightness toggle to bigboss website as well as tried my best to get it implemented in other apps. I know Conn18 is working on a similar app to SBsettings that sits in the exact spot as SBsettings and does similar stuff.. although Conn18's app looks much nicer its not available atm where BigBoss has proven success writing great apps and already released his app, etc.

I think a "switch" to control brightness is not as intuitave as a actuall slider, but the day I can program for the iphone is the day I am allowed to complain about one or the other. at this point anything would help.

and to back up my claim, i have flashlight on my Stack, and I can toggle brightness in about 10 seconds and another 10 seconds to turn it back off.. it requires 1 tap from my thumb to launch stacks and 1 tap to launch flashlight, and I hold the home button down to quit it and background enable..

its actually not that bad and a really easy solution while we wait

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

There was an app called 'togglebacklight' 0.0.1-2 back in April on the former modmyifone repo, "utilities" section. It worked great. I wonder if someone is working on porting it..?

Thanks

^^ lol, this IS that app
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone know if this app or any app out there allows you to keep the backlight on while the phone is on the Lock screen?

I'd really like this option so I could just walk by my phone to see if I missed a call. Using the Never auto-lock option doesn't really work since the icons are too small.

Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

to bad these guys cant get there apps up to date

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zurie View Post
    I just want to say that I made my own hack/ish solution for toggle backlight...

here is what I do:

1) download "flashlight" from bigboss source.

2) download backgrounder -

3) set your phone to the lowest brightness you want to use, so you are toggling between SUPER BRIGHT, and the brightness your setting now, the low one.

4) run your low brightness setting and when you want to go superbright, launch flashlight, which makes the brightness 100%, and then hold the home button to background enable flashlight, and your phone will stay at 100% brightness.

5) when you wanna toggle back to the low level of brightness, just relaunch flashlight and hold home button to disable background, and when it quits you are back to your original brightness.

too bad someone can't make a backlight program that does exactly this? its almost like the functionality shared between backgrounder and flashlight could just be combined into something standalone?
    Works great and is faster and more accurate than system prefs, not as good as a toggler but this is the best thing going for now. Thanks for the tip!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It should be a few icons on the springboard...one for Bright, one for Medium, and one for Low brightness.

Thanks

Seems like a lot of Springboard real estate for manual brightness adjustment?

Maybe the application could set the brightness based on your screen position than immediately exit?

Would vertical or horizontal work better?
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    Seems like a lot of Springboard real estate for manual brightness adjustment?

Maybe the application could set the brightness based on your screen position than immediately exit?

Would vertical or horizontal work better?

What do you mean? It would be cool to have an app that resides in the settings app, under its' own heading/category- whatever. All it would need is two sliders and a toggle. One for normal brightness, and then another for the alternate brightness. The toggle would be for setting the app to double tap. I'm sure it's easier said than done
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Hey guys,
    I didn't receive any answer yet, but just look at this page
    SBSettings Themes | iPhone News, Help and Guides
    There is a brightness toggle!!!
    Yey finally

Green Apple
    Thanks

that toggle is for SBSettings 1.0 - should be released very soon according to the website. I am very excited about both the brightness toggle and the ability to theme my SBsetting into something more sleek, transparent, and glossy blackish

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

man im STILL waiting for this app... ugh. i miss it so much from 1.1.4

i just used the brightness settings in SBsettings for the first time and its quicker than the normal way to adjust it, but i still want the original ToggleBacklight idea where its just an icon with 2 predetermined brightness settings and you toggle back and forth between them by just pressing the icon.

Someone HAS to be able to port this over to 2.0+
    I just think people arent really working on it much and are working on other apps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sbsettings is nice because i can access it without exiting the app i am currently in, but I agree a toggle would be much better than the current slider which for me at least can be difficult to activate.

Thanks

bump!... i am willing to PAY for this app to be create... someone please do it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default i would pay too!
    Maybe we can contact the original developer. anyone know how to contact them?

Thanks

Sorry, guys, I've been waiting for a binary toolchain (cause getting Cygwin working the first time was painful and I'm a programmer - I'm lazy) but I am giving up on binary and Windows.

I found some directions for getting this working on my Mac, so I hope to get it running in the next few weeks and ToggleBacklight is first on my list of non-SDK applications.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:

Imahottguy (12-30-2008), mariocha (01-13-2009)

Thanks

Excellent! I'm glad to hear that it may be updated soon. Thanks for reviving the thread NetMage

Thanks

!! yeah !! I had given up hope.

Thanks

bump just so its not forgotten.
    i still wish for this app everyday!

NetMage.. any updates you can keep us up to date with would be sweet!