+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Search - Want to search contacts, or go to a particular date in Calendar?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I'm using 1.04b on my 1.1.1 iPhone, and think I might have found a bug: For some reason, when I have contacts with multiple phone #s (both marked as mobile,
    Thanks

I'm using 1.04b on my 1.1.1 iPhone, and think I might have found a bug:

For some reason, when I have contacts with multiple phone #s (both marked as mobile, in my case), the first number Search displays is all numbers, instead of being formatted. For example, the phone book has both numbers shown properly, as (xxx) xxx-xxxx, but Search displays it as

727xxxxxx
    (727) xxx-xxxx

Not sure why it's doing that? I checked the phone # in the iPhone contacts, it's displayed correctly there, no 1 or +1 in front of the area code. (One of my contacts had that, and when I edited it to take it out, Search showed it formatted correctly after that.)

I also have one contact with 2 phone numbers, one mobile/one home, and both display as XXXxxxXXX, instead of (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

(Does all that make sense? LOL)

EDIT: I solved this by going into the Outlook contacts and formatting each phone # properly, and now it displays every phone number as (xxx) xxx-xxxx, as it should.

edit: BTW, I sync my contacts with Outlook. ALL of them in Outlook have the phone # as XXXxxxXXXX (no spaces, no dashes, no area code delimiter), and the iPhone automatically displays them as (xxx) xxx-xxxx. However, in Search, it does not display them that way unless I go into the Outlook contacts and manually change the phone # to look like that.

Also, when I bring up a contact, and click the phone # to dial it, it calls the number (as it should LOL); when I end the call, it goes back to Search, but it goes to the main screen, instead of back to the search results or contact info. Would be nice to go back to the contact.
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 11-24-2007 at 10:54 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Unfortunately Search doesn't yet re-format numbers, it just pulls them straight from the phones database, so however they're stored is how they're displayed for now.

Thanks

Interesting....the iPhone reformats them. Ah well, I edited all of them to format correctly, and now they do, so the point is moot.

Green Apple
    Thanks

New version 1.06b available via installer soon.

Changes in 1.06b

• Added physical addresses to contact info screen
    • Added SMS option to contacts info. You can now send text messages to found contacts
    • Fixed all foreign keyboard display problems
    • Minor UI Changes

Layton

Thanks

I'm not sure if it's possible, but I'd use this app as soon as it's integrated into the stock app, Phone, where an icon to tap will bring out the keyboard and will start the search.

Using a different app to see the contacts list is a little messy for me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Unfortunately that would be a potentially dangerous way to do go about it. It would be extremely time consuming, and limiting to modify the existing phone application.

Search will always be a stand alone application. What's the thing which bugs you most about it being separate?

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123