Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 94

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: ushow.com is up

  1. #1
    Default ushow.com is up
    looks like it is going to be a bamf product, shouldnt be long........hopefully
    Last edited by alectra82; 04-16-2008 at 02:36 AM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to alectra82 For This Useful Post:

    atlking (04-16-2008)

  3. #2
    looks good. cant wait.

  4. #3
    wow, it does look good!!! Almost too good. Will this be available for free or wll it be commercial ware

    Mazor

  5. #4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Key word is *Product*. The uShow code may have already been sold or is being prepared for sale. Here is why I think so (I haven't been following DrunkenBass's comments, so I don't know his position, so don't flame me):

    1) The uShow website is built by DemandWare (look at the bottom of the uShow page). DemandWare is an eCommerce site. They manage the eCommerce for a lot of companies, including Timberland Boots. Check it out: http://www.demandware.com/ DemandWare is based in New York, thus probably not owned/operated by DrunkenBass.

    2) The location listed for uShow is in Paradise Valley, AZ. According to the county records, the residential property (which is nice, near my barber) is owned by 4 people, none of which have the last name of Jones or Alexander, the two known members of MonsterAndFriends.

    3) This one is a long shot: based on the owners of the property, one name yielded a google result that ties them in with technology start ups. They also received their degree from NAU in business marketing.

    Based on this basic research, I have concluded that uShow may have been sold, or is at least marketed by a professional in Paradise Valley, both of which lead me to believe the app will not be free. Why would DrunkenBass hire a marketing professional? If the app was free, they wouldn't need an eCommerce contract with DemandWare as well. Also, this isn't DrunkenBass because he claims to live in Orange County, CA not PV, AZ. Now we just need to find out how much he is going to charge. Maybe it will be linked with his flash attachment he is producing...

    My two cents.

    J.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -E. Burke

  6. #5
    looks good..can't wait til this is released. I'm missing a lot of recording my nephews moments while he is still a baby. Release it soon please.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by chinosoflyy198 View Post
    looks good..can't wait til this is released. I'm missing a lot of recording my nephews moments while he is still a baby. Release it soon please.
    haha, your best bet is to get a dedicated video cam, or get yourself a Nokia phone! The N series S60 Symbian phones really take amazing video.

    VGA 640x480 resolution at 30fps.

    I have the Nokia N93 as my subsidiary phone, and it even records sound in stereo!

    Mazor

  8. #7
    I don't think this is going to be free, at least I hope that it will be a fully featured app. Audio and decent quality video is a must, if we are going to pay for it. But why did we sign up as beta tester, I doubt that we gonna try this app, I suspect it's gonna go for sale right away.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

  9. #8
    free or not it still looks like it is going to be a great app

  10. #9
    iPhone 4GB [1.0.2 OTB]
    2.2 Bootneutered and QuickPwned!

  11. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneArizona View Post
    TO HELP OFFSET BELL ECF
    Based on this basic research, I have concluded that uShow may have been sold....
    J.
    Basic research? You work for the CIA or something?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  12. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manteca
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 77 Times in 66 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneArizona View Post
    Key word is *Product*. The uShow code may have already been sold or is being prepared for sale. Here is why I think so (I haven't been following DrunkenBass's comments, so I don't know his position, so don't flame me):

    1) The uShow website is built by DemandWare (look at the bottom of the uShow page). DemandWare is an eCommerce site. They manage the eCommerce for a lot of companies, including Timberland Boots. Check it out: http://www.demandware.com/ DemandWare is based in New York, thus probably not owned/operated by DrunkenBass.

    2) The location listed for uShow is in Paradise Valley, AZ. According to the county records, the residential property (which is nice, near my barber) is owned by 4 people, none of which have the last name of Jones or Alexander, the two known members of MonsterAndFriends.

    3) This one is a long shot: based on the owners of the property, one name yielded a google result that ties them in with technology start ups. They also received their degree from NAU in business marketing.

    Based on this basic research, I have concluded that uShow may have been sold, or is at least marketed by a professional in Paradise Valley, both of which lead me to believe the app will not be free. Why would DrunkenBass hire a marketing professional? If the app was free, they wouldn't need an eCommerce contract with DemandWare as well. Also, this isn't DrunkenBass because he claims to live in Orange County, CA not PV, AZ. Now we just need to find out how much he is going to charge. Maybe it will be linked with his flash attachment he is producing...

    My two cents.

    J.
    he's stated since december when he announced the app that it would be free, but you are free to donate to his team.

    as stated from his site:
    "(people have been asking if you HAVE to donate, the answer is no. You'll still be able to download a fully functional version for free, but it "might" add a small watermark on the bottom corner with my logo.)"

    by the way have you seen the companies backing him? why would these free website giants charge you to upload to their free website? It seems like you have gotten way ahead of yourself and your James Bond recon missions. my advice to just relax and wait for the amazing app to come out. just my two pennies

  13. #12
    the app is free. there are no restrictions that would change if you doated or not, those comments about watermarking the image were made a long time before the app was "ushow"
    beta will probably watermark images but as soon as the app is out of beta that will stop.

    i didnt know mmi had members who were professional internet detectives, haha

  14. #13
    My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manteca
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 77 Times in 66 Posts

    ^^ even better. did you notice the change of attitudes on your site as well? =]
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon
    ___________________________
    8 gig black 3G - 3.0
    16 gig white 3G - 3.0
    32 gig white 3GS - 3.0

  15. #14
    Wow, that looks really awesome. Even with sound! I really can't wait.

    And dang, that is some nice "basic research" you've done! You have a career waiting for you with the CIA or FBI.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

  16. #15
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    he's stated since december when he announced the app that it would be free, but you are free to donate to his team.


    by the way have you seen the companies backing him? why would these free website giants charge you to upload to their free website? It seems like you have gotten way ahead of yourself and your James Bond recon missions. my advice to just relax and wait for the amazing app to come out. just my two pennies
    I haven't seen any companies support him. When you say upload to their free website, I guess you are implying that his site was donated to him, which I have no way to tell if Bluehost Inc. donated space. If they did, wouldn't there be a logo of some sorts on the site?

    By the way, I was just bored last night and couldn't sleep.

    Also, why the eCommerce account?!?

    J.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -E. Burke

  17. #16
    demandware didnt build the site, i already stated that their site theme was just a basis of where to start this site from to save time. the site has already started to manifest itself into something unique.

  18. #17
    DnB, why did you call it uShow and not iShow (in the tradition of iPhone)? Cheers!

  19. #18
    My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manteca
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 77 Times in 66 Posts

    he has youtube, myspace,facebook, and what not supporting his app if you didnt notice Mr. mmi James Bond. why are you all uppity about it anyways? even if he did charge (which he said he wont) i would gladly pay for it and help support his hard work. you paid at least 400 for the phone so you wouldn't pay a small fee for such a great add-on to the phone. i wouldnt be surprised if he did charge considering the negative support and harassment he has received.
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon
    ___________________________
    8 gig black 3G - 3.0
    16 gig white 3G - 3.0
    32 gig white 3GS - 3.0

  20. #19
    Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 136 Times in 95 Posts

    Wow, that looks amazing!!! Anxiously waiting the release DnB
    iLive an iLife

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    he has youtube, myspace,facebook, and what not supporting his app if you didnt notice Mr. mmi James Bond. why are you all uppity about it anyways? even if he did charge (which he said he wont) i would gladly pay for it and help support his hard work. you paid at least 400 for the phone so you wouldn't pay a small fee for such a great add-on to the phone. i wouldnt be surprised if he did charge considering the negative support and harassment he has received.
    i completely agree with out but PLEASE don't give the response of, "You already payed $400 for the phone...this should be nothing...."

    Not to flame you or anything but i mean thats what EVERYbody says about an add-on to the iphone. Be it a case, or any accessery ect. I mean it all adds up...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •