Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: thtouch (texas hold'em game) early stage

0.29 is on Installer...

I can't find this game anymore.. What's the deal..??? Did you take it. Down??? Anyone know the source???

0.29 doesnt appear on springboard

EDIT:it works now

but the old deck was a lot better
    Last edited by TatesMan; 06-12-2008 at 05:21 PM.
    iPhone 4GB [1.0.2 OTB]
    2.2 Bootneutered and QuickPwned!

Quote Originally Posted by lws View Post
    I will have to sit down for another days work to get all-in right.
    About "checking". Did you realize, that checking is double tap? It's not swiping like to call anymore, like it has been in early private betas
    I'm an idiot. Still seems more intuitive to me to make it the same as call, or at least put in both as options. It doesn't even tell you about it when you press the question mark. In fact, I think the best idea would be to make deal a right swipe too, that way it becomes more of a "advance to next step" thing.

As for adjusting betting, I personally think that a slider would be a much better solution than tapping on chips. Also, maybe raise the blinds to 10 and 20, because it makes little difference with 1000 chips each and eliminates the need for increments of 5 in the chips.

As for pricing, it's refreshing to see a developer being very, if not overly, nice. I'm sure most people wouldn't mind if you raised the price a bit to help pay for your time spent on this, and I'm sure your donators won't mind paying for the game either, especially if you keep it at $1, haha.

Sorry for all of the posts in this thread, I just really want this game to be amazing, and wanted to share some ideas.

I was thinking about shaking to shuffle and deal the next hand.
    Also to just turn the display to face to the bottom, to fold...

How about that, lol

The blinds will be configurable in the final version. At the moment the small blind raises by 5 after each 8 hands, the big blind is just double the small blind.
    Has anyone already played more than 8 hands? I did, it works

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lws For This Useful Post:

Dan0609 (06-16-2008)

I was still having the same bugs as before on the new update, the one previous to .29.

After a hand, the "check" image would show up randomly while swiping, cards were shown, "fold/check" images still under the cards.

I then tried updating to .29, but while upgrading it stopped halfway and then installer crashed. I tried again, same thing. Restarted iPhone, again, same thing. I tried installing something else from installer, and for awhile it did that with any other app I tried to download.

So I unistalled ThTouch and installer works fine now.

I'll have to wait for a stable version before I install again. Sucks.
    Last edited by iPhoneMadness; 06-12-2008 at 09:11 PM.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

me too.. Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by lws View Post
    I was thinking about shaking to shuffle and deal the next hand.
    Also to just turn the display to face to the bottom, to fold...

How about that, lol

The blinds will be configurable in the final version. At the moment the small blind raises by 5 after each 8 hands, the big blind is just double the small blind.
    Has anyone already played more than 8 hands? I did, it works
    I think you're going a little too complex there with the shaking and turning, haha. The point is to make it intuitive, and not to throw in a bunch of cool stuff, no? I understand that you want to learn how to make applications, and I guess it would help you out to learn those things, but I don't think they should be the default.

For the blinds: sounds good.

v0.29

1. Plays alot smoother, less crashing. I've been able to play alot farther than before.
    2. It still freezes when I fold and two players go All In, but only in the middle of a hand. However, if the betting is after the River card, then play will proceed without any problems.
    3. The new cards are an eyesore! How about a typical Bicycle deck or something along those lines? Or even just a plain solid color would be an improvement at this point.
    4. I like how you added a 'burned card' pile next to the deck.
    5. I have to disagree with a previous post. I really like the betting system you have implemented. Nicely animated and the chips look great.
    6. During some hands, it still flashes the winning hand from the previous hand (such as "Two Pair, Queens + Sevens") and the words get in the way when making a bet.

Overall, the game seems to be running MUCH better. Keep up the great work! With some minor adjustments, this app will be AMAZING!!

I spoke too soon. The game still freezes up alot, even if no one goes all in.
    Last edited by Transient; 06-12-2008 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    v0.29

3. The new cards are an eyesore! How about a typical Bicycle deck or something along those lines? Or even just a plain solid color would be an improvement at this point.
    I'm working on a full theme for the game but if you'd like to switch to a bicycle deck, I made some. Copy the flipside.png to the thtouch dir within your application folder.

My first whole theme should be done tonight/tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

12. The Following User Says Thank You to flopethedope For This Useful Post:

Transient (06-12-2008)

Awesome! Thank you, sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

First I want to apologize if this has been posted already. I am at work and did not have time to read through the whole thread.

Seems that every time I have an all-in that I am involved in, or that 2 computer players are battling it out in, I see the flop and then the game locks. It is making the game very hard to play seeing as I have to start back at 1000 chips every time this happens.

Once again, sorry if this has been addressed already. I found the thread late and do not have time to read all 7 pages.

lolololoolol nothing new here i still cant play this version...not new one .....could some of us have a app thats conflickting with game...???

Are they any plans to allow the player to input their name? Surely only a minor change, and one that seems a good idea.

I was writing a new article at my " developer blog" just now.
    THTouch

I better go to bed now. 6 hours till this wedding

@SC Greg: Yes, of course!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lws For This Useful Post:

hawpunch (06-14-2008)

been playing this for a couple of days now and as a few have mentioned the main problems i am experiencing incl.
    - freezes most of the time in "all in" situations
    - mine seems to crash and returns to the home screen after about 12 or more hands

features/changes that would be great (once the app is more stable)
    - saving the game
    - changing player name
    - when i go 'all in' and the other players have more chips if it could bypass me - not very important as it can easily be resolved by calling (despite not having any money)
    - bluffing (not to sure whether this is already implemented or not but if it isn't then it would be great - esp if they were calculated ie. 4 hearts on the table and then the comp bluff's to make you think it has a flush)
    - if it could display what my best hand is that would be alright - again not essential but it would be cool
    - finally the ultimate feature would be wireless or internet game play against others - not too sure if this can even be done (i've got no idea about app development or anything) but that would be huge

keep up the good work

looking forward to sunday's release
    Last edited by jama_kj; 06-14-2008 at 01:29 AM. Reason: extra info

could there be a another app that is conflicting with thtouch. could this be the reason for some of us not playing....WHY CAN SOME OF US ONLY PLAY THIS GAME> DO YOU KNOW WHY.......

Like everyone stated the all in freezes that other than that great game

Also if u can combine check and call gesture

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Finally got .29
    The SWIPES are more responsive now.
    I am seeing a problem with it freezing up after some players go "ALL IN".
    Also, after playing a few hands, it keeps flashing the last hand's conclusion. Such as "Straight, Ace High" even when the new hand has started.
    Once I pressed the "?" during a hand and the SWIPE legend wouldn't go away until I restarted the game.
    It's getting there! even with these issues, I can't stop playing!

0.30 is on its way to the repository.

Fixes: no more freezes (if I'm wrong, tell me so!) and other "minor" things
    New features: new default skin, animated pot, other things I might have forgotten
    Last edited by lws; 06-15-2008 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast