+ Reply
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: thtouch (texas hold'em game) early stage

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
This game is awesome i downloaded it this morning and have had no problems yet. Keep up the good work
    Green Apple
    Thanks

This game is awesome i downloaded it this morning and have had no problems yet. Keep up the good work

lws
    Developer
    Thanks

I just pushed an updated version to the repo managers. I hope he finds my mail soon enough
    It's still not completely fixed but should be way more playable again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lws For This Useful Post:

nick w (06-11-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone abujala's Avatar
    Thanks

Iws hey i have beta testing from the start

and i must say this has been a blast the app has come a long way

i like the new color of cards

love the intro
    2.1 T-mobile
    MAC OSX

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hope I can play it now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    absolutely rate this. best program ever, love the implementation of the swipe. only thing i can hope for is a save button

well done

lws
    Developer
    Thanks

Save/resume is top 2 priority for me at the moment. Top 1 is to make it stable and to implement all the missing rules and stuff.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lws For This Useful Post:

jama_kj (06-11-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

love it, nice work!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im running on 1.1.1 as well and it does the same thing. The screen goes green for a second then it exits back out to the springboard

Thanks

I like the updated gameplay, but I liked your old icon and the opening page has a bit too much going on. Something simple for the frontpage and darker green for the icon would look better...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thumbs up Wow!
    I installed it yesterday and its great! I can see you are putting a lot of time and effort into this and let me say THANK YOU. I enjoy playing it.

I'm also having a problem with it jumping back to springboard. Always seems to be when I have a great hand and bet a large amount. Sometimes it won't reconize my attempt to CALL. I have to retry several times and then just wait a second or two. I'm using 1.1.4 so I anxiously await your next update.

Thanks again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i play it and when i win hands... the money goes to a player that's already folded? or something like that. and sometimes i win money that i shouldnt have.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Transient's Avatar
    Thanks

v0.28e

Here are some issues that often occur:
    1. Sometimes, a hand will end and I swipe left to start a new deal and it'll freeze.
    2. Sometimes, a hand will end and it'll say what hand won, i.e. "Pair of Jacks" and it'll keep flashing that during the next hand, instead of being cleared once the next hand starts. Very annoying.
    3. [I]Almost always/I], if I win the pot and the other players fold, my winnings get split with the other players.
    4. Almost always, if I or other players go All In, the app will crash/freeze up.

On the plus side:
    1. I love the game play and how you've implemented the swipe & double-tap functions. Brillant!
    2. The game graphics are awesome. The Bet, Fold and Call arrows are what makes this game play so well. Very easy to follow exactly what is going on in the game. Well done!
    3. Yes, the cards need a graphic update, but its a minor issue to me.
    4. The splash screen could look a lot more professional, it's quite messy, but again, its a minor thing.
    5. The AI seems pretty decent, which I am quite surprised by, since I guessing this must be the hardest part of the development.
    6. Definately needs a Save function.

Once the gameplay bugs are worked out and the game runs smoothly without crashing, I will definately be hitting the Donate button. Keep up the great work!

lws
    Developer
    Thanks

Updated to version 0.29 tonight.
    Go get it, test it, play it. Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

lws: Haven't had any problems yet with 0.29. Plays fast, swipes seem to be more responsive (or maybe I just got used to it), but the backs are still lacking, haha. Why don't you go with a basic card backing like these?

The all in system is still a little messed up, I bet all in preflop, and after the flop it asks me what I want to bet. I'm able to bypass it by trying to bet any value, but it's still something that shouldn't happen, imo.

Quite close to 'perfecting' this game lws, just need that save/load system and the above and I think you're golden.

/edit: Actually, for checking, the swiping is still really buggy. Strange, because it works for call perfectly fine?

/edit2: Another all-in bug. I folded preflop, 2 CPUs went all in against one another, river turned, and it just stopped. Noone one, I can't do anything, etc.
    Last edited by Blax; 06-12-2008 at 03:40 AM. Reason: new info

lws
    Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blax View Post
    lws: Haven't had any problems yet with 0.29. Plays fast, swipes seem to be more responsive (or maybe I just got used to it), but the backs are still lacking, haha. Why don't you go with a basic card backing like these?

The all in system is still a little messed up, I bet all in preflop, and after the flop it asks me what I want to bet. I'm able to bypass it by trying to bet any value, but it's still something that shouldn't happen, imo.

Quite close to 'perfecting' this game lws, just need that save/load system and the above and I think you're golden.

/edit: Actually, for checking, the swiping is still really buggy. Strange, because it works for call perfectly fine?

/edit2: Another all-in bug. I folded preflop, 2 CPUs went all in against one another, river turned, and it just stopped. Noone one, I can't do anything, etc.
    I will have to sit down for another days work to get all-in right.
    About "checking". Did you realize, that checking is double tap? It's not swiping like to call anymore, like it has been in early private betas

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i was actually going to mention that it might be a good idea for "checking" that you can do either the double tap or a swipe like a call for it to process. have already mentioned the save function and its good to hear its in ur top 2 priorities. another thing that mght be handy is the ability to reduce a bet (i.e. accidently tapped too many times), not sure if i just don't know how to do it or if it can't be done, if it can't be done then a "clear bet" button might be the best way to fit it in. just my thoughts, really love your work though, very professional

btw been playing the updated version and haven't had any freezing probs yet, good work

..............hang on, looks like i spoke too soon, just froze on an all in hand.
    Last edited by jama_kj; 06-12-2008 at 06:19 AM. Reason: add extra comment

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have .28e and I can't seem to find the update to .29. I've refreshed but it's not showing up as an update so I uninstalled and was going to reinstall, but now it's not there at all.
    Anyway, I have a question...
    Are you planning on making this a pay application or just donations? Just courious. I was planning on donating but wanted to make sure first. Sorry if you mentioned this in a previous post. Couldn't find it in a search.

Thanks again!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This is the third version so far and i still cant play it. i get delt NO hands. At one time i did and last version. now i updated again and still the same for me...At least some of you get to play it.....

lws
    Developer
    Thanks

About the planned release for the AppStore:

It won't happen, if I can't collect enough donations for some Mac.
    If this, however, works out as intented, I'm going to port it over and apply for the developer program to bring it to iPhone OS 2.0 and the AppStore.

I was thinking about charging $0.50 for one license, but as I've seen today, the lowest possible price other than offering it for free, will be $0.99... (see AppleInsider | App Store has size and price caps, opening with iPhone 3G)

So, I'll have to stick to $0.99.

Now this is what I thought. I'm going to give all of the donors, that help me getting the hardware to port it over, a free license. I really really hope, that this is possible! If this isn't directly possible I can still send all of the donors an iTunes gift card (what is the lowerst possible gift card value, by the way?) or just use PayPal to pay for them or buy a license myself to give as a gift to them, or whatever. I don't know yet, what the best solution will be.

What I want to say: My donors are first in the line to get this game for free from the AppStore, and I will try everything to make it happen or compensate for the price for you. If anyone deserves it. its you guys! Thanks for your support so far!

(Yes, I'm keeping a list with all the donors names and mail addresses, that they use to send me their donation, so I won't miss any of you!)

Quote Originally Posted by jama_kj View Post
    the ability to reduce a bet (i.e. accidently tapped too many times), not sure if i just don't know how to do it
    you can not reduce step by step, but to clear your bet, just swipe down and it will reset to the minimum bet/raise that you'll have to make. if it is down to the minimum a swipe down will close the betting dialog and give you the option to just call or fold.
    Last edited by lws; 06-12-2008 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to lws For This Useful Post:

xenomorph78 (06-12-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    $0.99? Seriously? That's a steal!
    So is the beta offline right now? I still can't find 0.29