+ Reply
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: thtouch (texas hold'em game) early stage

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
It's not quite fixed. There is no icon showing up at the moment... But cash is pushing his brain to the limits (4am)...
    lws
    Developer
    Thanks

It's not quite fixed. There is no icon showing up at the moment... But cash is pushing his brain to the limits (4am)...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts

5:17am now, all fixed, picky picky installer about archive format and stupid stupid me in the early hours

lws
    Developer
    Thanks

Thanks cash!
    Now go play, and spread the word
    I'm heading out now and don't have time to post at all the forums now.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Finally downloaded it.

Bugs so far:
    • I had my phone plugged in to the usb to charge, every time I swiped or pressed the question mark button, it would connect and reconnect
    • Swiping isn't accurate. I had to swipe 3 or 4 times minimum to get the round going
    • Once the check graphic stayed on screen until it was my turn to bet again, then I swiped and the app crashed
    • Somehow the screen shifts itself up and down randomly

Some things I'd like to see:
    • A locked menu to pre-select your action
    • Maybe buttons to tap to fold/check/etc
    • Cards to be dealt faster
    • If you fold, AI finishes round quickly so I can play again lol.

So far so good though.
    Last edited by iPhoneMadness; 06-09-2008 at 06:32 AM.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

lws
    Developer
    Thanks

Uhm, that sounds like a whole lot to do. I know some of the issues already.
    The USB connect/disconnect seems new to me, though.

I'll work on it later today. This started as a spare time project and has become a real time hugger... But I'll do what I can

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lws View Post
    Uhm, that sounds like a whole lot to do. I know some of the issues already.
    The USB connect/disconnect seems new to me, though.

I'll work on it later today. This started as a spare time project and has become a real time hugger... But I'll do what I can
    No problem, just reporting back. Also the second list is more of a personal preference so do as you wish. You've done a great job already, so whatever input I have is just me trying to help.

Good job man.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So I'm loving this game but I've had an issue with all-in situations a couple of times. These may be known issues but here they are.
    Had one hand where one CPU went all in. I called and another CPU called. After the turn I bet, the CPU folded. So now it's me and the CPU who went all in but the river card won't deal out. I tap I swipe and nothing. So I just close the game and start a new one. First hand I get a 4 and a 9 suited so I think I'll have some fun and go all in. 2 CPUs call it and all the cards come out and I get 2 more 4s on the board. Woohoo! Only problem is I only get 723 chips! It says "Players Player + Michael + Mr T win 723 chips each!" Only problem is Michael and Mr T folded when I went all in. So that was a bummer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default minimum firmware for this app?
    Hi!

Great work! I love Texas Hold'em!

Is there a minimum firmware requirement for this app? I'm on 1.1.1 and when I go to execute this app, the screen turns green, waits for 1 to 1.5 seconds, and then kicks me back out to the Springboard.

Please let me know?

Thanx!
    var

lws
    Developer
    Thanks

I myself developed it on 1.1.4, some of my testers had 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 if I remember correctly, but I'm not quite sure.
    I don't know what makes apps incompatible to older firmware versions.. I don't quite see the reason to have an older version anyway? Not to sound rude...

Regarding the bugs: All-In has to be improved, that was known already. Pot splitting was implemented last-minute and not enough tested, I had no idea it would misbehave that much. I'll be sure to release an updated version tomorrow, fixing as much of this as possible. I want you to be able to play as flawlessly as possible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness View Post
    Finally downloaded it.

Bugs so far:
    • I had my phone plugged in to the usb to charge, every time I swiped or pressed the question mark button, it would connect and reconnect
    • Swiping isn't accurate. I had to swipe 3 or 4 times minimum to get the round going
    • Once the check graphic stayed on screen until it was my turn to bet again, then I swiped and the app crashed
    • Somehow the screen shifts itself up and down randomly

Some things I'd like to see:
    • A locked menu to pre-select your action
    • Maybe buttons to tap to fold/check/etc
    • Cards to be dealt faster
    • If you fold, AI finishes round quickly so I can play again lol.

So far so good though.
    Wow, that is quite a list. Anyway, I had problems in the beginning with swiping but that was because I was used to Blackjack which is a slow swipe, but with THTouch, a fast swipe for any move works the best...

BTW, lws, if you need anything tested, I would be happy to continue trying pre-public releases to check for major bugs...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Travace's Avatar
    Thanks

ok it splits the pot every time ... its not playing like its real poker at all. Showdown ..how come i cant see the other players hand ? if we split the pot why does it not show me what the other person had.

BTW in the pic i showed if all 3 of us went all in and 2 of us split we should have 1500 each. Nothing about this plays right.

Another example

I go all in pre flop

Mary Calls all in
    Note Helge and Tom both fold
    Mark calls

Then look at pic for LULZ

looks like BB and SB win every time regardless of what they do
    Last edited by Travace; 06-09-2008 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hmm.. Won't work for me any further than the "tap to begin" screen. Any direction I swipe my finger does not trigger the actual game to start. Anybody else have this issue?

Thanks

only "klick" on the screen to start

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Spirit, but I've tried that. Unfortunately the result is the same.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

First of all, good job lws!~ Nice game you have developed.

After i finished one round of the game... It still allowed me to "check". Which means if i keep "double tap" the screen.. the player and computers still do "check". After that it won't deal the cards and continue to the next round play.

Keep it up!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I myself developed it on 1.1.4, some of my testers had 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 if I remember correctly, but I'm not quite sure.
    I don't know what makes apps incompatible to older firmware versions.. I don't quite see the reason to have an older version anyway? Not to sound rude...

Regarding the bugs: All-In has to be improved, that was known already. Pot splitting was implemented last-minute and not enough tested, I had no idea it would misbehave that much. I'll be sure to release an updated version tomorrow, fixing as much of this as possible. I want you to be able to play as flawlessly as possible.
    i was the one who tried beta testing on fw 1.1.1. and it did not work, i had to update to 1.1.4. in order to run it . not quite sure what makes it not compatable

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No worries, I didn't take it as you being rude.

Looks like you had a betatester (outsited) who was on 1.1.1 and had to upgrade to 1.1.4.

For me, taking the time to upgrade to 1.1.4 isn't available. =( But if I get a free weekend one of these days, I shall do so.

Thanx,
    var

lws
    Developer
    Thanks

That'd be great, as I actually wouldn't want to downgrade myself to test it or search endlessly for whatever might be the reason for this incompatability

Side note: Yesterday I actually only worked 10 minutes and then decided to enjoy the nice weather at the lake. Big mistake, it was great at the beginning, but then my allergy kicked in and I didn't have much joy... I was mainly resting for the rest of the day, as I couldn't see much through swollen eyes ... yeah.
    But today I'm fine again and working. The update to the game will arrive in about 9 hours.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

That'd be great, as I actually wouldn't want to downgrade myself to test it or search endlessly for whatever might be the reason for this incompatability

Side note: Yesterday I actually only worked 10 minutes and then decided to enjoy the nice weather at the lake. Big mistake, it was great at the beginning, but then my allergy kicked in and I didn't have much joy... I was mainly resting for the rest of the day, as I couldn't see much through swollen eyes ... yeah.
    But today I'm fine again and working. The update to the game will arrive in about 9 hours.
    Thats Whats Up.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am on firmware 1.1.4 , its rather frustrating that this game keep bounce back to springboard halfway. Any fixes on this so far ? This usually happens when my bid goes above 100 during the game