Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: thtouch (texas hold'em game) early stage

Yes I do. I'll setup a "mass email" today and send it to all email addresses from which I received PayPal donations.

wow.........What a great job you did. i cant wait to play it..thanks for this great game..

Are you rich yet? I don't want my donation back. Keep it. And when you're very very rich, gimme lots. lolz. jk.

Now to things I don't like. When raising, I don't like the fact that touching above the chips increases the bet. Before, touching the chips increased it and sliding up used to confirm the bet. Now I have to slide on the right side of the screen :s
    But that's no big deal. And you really need some sort of help screen or intro video for new users. No one will ever leave the app and go to your website to learn how to use it. And the text keeps saying 'Tim wins' in the next round. It's confusing. lol.
    I'm so happy I can finally play THTouch again!
    tc and keep improving what you can.
    K byeeeee....
    Last edited by beatoven; 10-17-2008 at 06:45 AM.

Thanks!

Yes, I'm not very happy with the solution of this issue while betting. I'll have to find a way to get this lost area back which is now occupied with the stacks of chips and reacts with raising the stack when tapping above them. I mean, its ok for tapping. It gives a large hit box and makes betting easy. But its kindof annoying to use only the surrounding area (mainly the right side) for confirming or resetting the bet. At least if you were used to the old way, I must agree.

I was actually just linking to my webpage because of time issues. I thought I could work on the webpage while Apple reviews the game itself instead of working on the in game help already and have it delayed even more. As a matter of fact, I didn't find enough time yet, to even setup the webpage until now. I've started that process today, made many pictures and will write the guide for the webpage later tonight and put it together. I'll then make the ingame help screens and fix some small things. Work never ends

I left a review explaining the controls. Hopefully it helps people.

Will you continue to update Twitter with news about the App Store version and future releases now that it's released? And do you have a roadmap of future feature you want to implement?

Yeah I'll use twitter for game related info in the future.
    There is some sort of roadmap, not exactly fixed yet. I'll have to catch up with my studies first right now. But development continues, of course. I'll tell about my plans when I made up my mind

(there are many ideas floating around, that I left out for the first release, have to decide which would be actually improving the game and which would just blow it up)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ok so there is 2 problems i have found with your game. when you rotate the screen, and you then want to change how many chips you get, the keypad appears on the other side of the screen upside down. and problem number 2. the chips you want to pay with is dumb (i dont mean to offend) my reasoning. if you make it 100,000 you still play 10 20 blinds. and you cant even bet more than 3 thousand at any point lol so you can imagine how long that game would take. and you can set it to only 1 and the blinds are still 10 20 so everyone almost all in first hand. and when you try to raise someone you go all in because the blinds are 10 forceing you to put 10 in before you raise, which impossible with 1 chip.

but i love your game and i will keep playing but with 1000 chips. ty and i cant wait to see updates. it would be cool to see more tables, portrait mode, and maybe auto rotation :-/ but anyways thank you agian and good luck on your sales
    iTouch 2.0 (free update/pwn'd)
    iPhone 3G white (pwn'd)
    MacBook Pro 15inch (using tethered)

2 broken wrists so give me a break. no more 2007 Yamaha r6

good point with the keyboard being on the wrong side

you can bet well over 3000, no problem. I just didn't explain it yet ... shame on me, big time!
    You can make those chip stacks 20 chips high and then they'll glow, indicating they are at full height. now you can touch and move them. just drop them on the picture of the three stacks above the label that shows the amount you're going to bet. it will "shake" and the chip stack you moved there will reset but the corresponding amount will be kept. but I want to adjust the game in a way that there are also chips with 500, 1000 and 10000 on the table according to your overall chip count.

the other problem comes from fixed starting values for the blinds right now. This will be handled in an update as well, adding customizable blind settings and so on.

thank you for your opinions!

I found another bug (or bugs) related to saving.

1) If I'm playing a game, and I hit the home button in the middle of a hand, I come back to the game later and it gets stuck. I can raise/check/fold but the game doesn't continue after I do. It just freezes and I can only start a new game, no matter how many times I reload the saved game.

2) If I'm eliminated from a game, it shows me I'm in whatever place, and then closes to the game's main screen. It also shows No Saved Game. Then from that, I click the home button. If I go back later to play THTouch again, it shows me there's a saved game, and if I click that, it loads the last game where I was eliminated. That should show no game saved because the last game is over.

um i think you are wrong.. just slide to new hand

on the second 'bug' yes it does freeze.. but when u go back u can continue sliding to new hand
    Last edited by stocis; 10-21-2008 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
    um i think you are wrong.. just slide to new hand

on the second 'bug' yes it does freeze.. but when u go back u can continue sliding to new hand
    For the first bug: A few times sliding left to deal did work, but a few times I couldn't start a new hand. I even tried the alternate control method and "deal" wasn't part of the control wheel.

I think you misunderstood the second bug: it has to do with a saved game appearing out of nowhere basically. Let my try to explain again.

If I finish a game (I lose), then it goes to the main screen of the app (where I could choose a new game. But the middle says No Saved Game (since the game ended when I lost). But if I restart the app, then a game appears as saved, even though there should not be one.

Quote Originally Posted by bdawg923 View Post
    For the first bug: A few times sliding left to deal did work, but a few times I couldn't start a new hand. I even tried the alternate control method and "deal" wasn't part of the control wheel.

I think you misunderstood the second bug: it has to do with a saved game appearing out of nowhere basically. Let my try to explain again.

If I finish a game (I lose), then it goes to the main screen of the app (where I could choose a new game. But the middle says No Saved Game (since the game ended when I lost). But if I restart the app, then a game appears as saved, even though there should not be one.
    i get what u're saying but thtouch of 1.1.4 fw did not end the game when u where out. so i guess the bug is where the saved game disappears.
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

Save game handling seems to have a few pitfalls :/
    I will do my best to clean this up. Sorry about it! The game saves its state each time a player is done with his turn and ready to pass on to the next player. Additionally it saves its state upon exiting. So, probably this isn't covering every situation, like you found out. I'll work hard to make it more robust. Better you exit only when its your turn, to be on the safe side.

Hey, any idea on when you're going to release an update with bug fixes and maybe new features?

Hopefully soon, I know what needs to be done and how long it'll probably take me, but I had to get other things done first. It looks, like there will be enough time for me to work on the update very soon and get it down quickly. So, beta testers be aware!

no.....its an app for 2.0 and an awesome one at that. i play it daily.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi87652 View Post
    I'm curious as to what you mean by "no..."

Let me restate: I am currently running an iPhone 2G with 1.1.4 and have been playing THTouch 0.32e on it since July 2008 or so.

What I'm asking is what the latest version of THTouch is that will run under 1.1.4 is and where we might snatch a copy. I have no problems with making a donation (I just despise paypal/ebay/apple).

Cheers
    thats what the "no..." meant. at least with my attempts i have not been able to do this. if you want to run the newer one on 1.1.4 contact the dev. thats your best option
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

If I remember correctly, that would be version 0.32e
    Available via Cydia from the MMI source. I really haven't looked into the state of cydia/installer much lately, I just hope you can still find it there, let me know, if you can't and I'll try to dig it up for you.

But I can only recommend installing iPhone OS 2.2, jailbreak it and get the finished game, its way better. And will become even better with the coming update.

If I remember correctly, that would be version 0.32e
    Available via Cydia from the MMI source. I really haven't looked into the state of cydia/installer much lately, I just hope you can still find it there, let me know, if you can't and I'll try to dig it up for you.

But I can only recommend installing iPhone OS 2.2, jailbreak it and get the finished game, its way better. And will become even better with the coming update.
    Last edited by lws; 11-22-2008 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There hasn't been any news in quite a while. Do you still plan to update this app and add new features or is this project dead...?

So, unfortunately there seem to be no news concerning the update of thtouch.

@lws: A short status update would be much appreciated .

And by the way: I still like the game very much.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728