+ Reply
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: thtouch (texas hold'em game) early stage

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
@bdawg923: Once this goes to the AppStore, I can't continue to release updates to the Installer. The price in the AppStore will be as low as $0.99, and of course,
    lws
    Developer
    Thanks

@bdawg923: Once this goes to the AppStore, I can't continue to release updates to the Installer. The price in the AppStore will be as low as $0.99, and of course, if it works out, I'm going to to further work on it after the initial release (like adding multiplayer and other rather advanced things, that I won't tackle before its first release).

And yes, once you donated you're on my list of people to receive the game fro free from the AppStore. How I'm gonna realize that is still unknown, but I will. (If, of course, you weren't the one donator who couldn't read and sent 0,10 Euro cent, which were completely consumed by PayPals fees. How useless....)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lws View Post
    And yes, once you donated you're on my list of people to receive the game fro free from the AppStore. How I'm gonna realize that is still unknown, but I will. (If, of course, you weren't the one donator who couldn't read and sent 0,10 Euro cent, which were completely consumed by PayPals fees. How useless....)
    Maybe Apple will have a "voucher" system like they have with free song giveaways from Pepsi for example. They could give you codes to send out to people. Just an idea...

And could you squash the major bugs and add a save feature before you stop releasing Installer updates please?
    Last edited by bdawg923; 07-09-2008 at 08:39 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Do we need to start a petition to get you on the certified Apple developer list quickly? I read where they have a lot of developer applications.

lws
    Developer
    Thanks

Hehe, that could possibly speed things up a bit. But not necessarily

@bdawg923: I guess I'll release one or two more updates to the Installer. Unless of course I get accepted to the dev program before. I have a lot of other things to do till saturday, I'm excited to see what other competition might arise from the opening of the appstore on friday

Wow, first AppStore screenshots are appearing, and guesst what "Texas Hold'em" right at the front page. But not mine, of course. I'm eager to see how good it is, and what it costs.
    I was quite sure, that this would happen, and I'm sure there will come more competitors, lets see how this works out
    Last edited by lws; 07-10-2008 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The current Texas Hold'em offerings pale in comparison to THTouch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Any one else notice the size of the other Texas Hold’em app... Its 128mb... GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY that’s 116x the size of THTouch. What could they possibly need all that space for?

Thanks

Texas Hold'Em looks fugly!!!
    Can't wait for your app, lws.
    If someone has donated, giving you the $0.99 more won't be an issue.
    Personally, I'd pay much more for THTouch!!!
    Hoping to see you on the AppStore soon.
    (Although I have no idea how I'll get the AppStore to work in Mauritius, which in not in iTunes' list of countries.)

lws
    Developer
    Thanks

Thanks for the support. I've just seen a game play video of it and tend to say, I haven't lost yet. Gonna work nonstop, beginning on saturday (obligations, obligations). I've got contacts that would even like to work with me to make it multiplayer. Lets see how things work out. The Mac was definitely a very important step to take, next is to port it over, which I guess won't be so hard. Then finish it off with the full SDK horsepower, and hopefully get admitted to the developer program soonish.

@beatoven: Hmm, I heard that you could just go to ebay or the likes and buy gift certificates for the US iTunes store. This way you can work around the system. People here in Germany are doing this at times.

Green Apple
    Thanks

beatoven: I think you can pay using a PayPal account, and just tell iTunes that you're from the US or something.

lws: Your app blows the other one out of the water, since it's pure holdem. The other one is way too slow and flashy for me. Though it does have multiplayer... and probably save support, haha. You'll win in the end though, I believe in you!

Thanks

Thanks blax and lws. I'll try that. I'm waiting for 2.0 to be downgradable before trying it.
    I can't sacrifice THTouch just to try out the other apps

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ya I'm sitting in line now I hope u get it going on 2.0 asap

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

lws? any updates you disappeared.
    iTouch 2.0 (free update/pwn'd)
    iPhone 3G white (pwn'd)
    MacBook Pro 15inch (using tethered)

2 broken wrists so give me a break. no more 2007 Yamaha r6

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lws,

Yes, although I haven't post much on MMI, I must say....I'm one of the many who are eagerly waiting for your app to app store as your app seems so much cleaner and polished than the Texas Holdem game on the app store by apple. We'll be waiting.....thx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I think you can beat the Apple Texas Hold'em, buy having a fast streamlined interface and it't just a bonus that your' will sell for .99 rather than their 4.99.

Also, looks like you should be invited as an Apple iPhone developer. Lots of folks are getting invites. I even got an invite.

I did snag the Apple Hold'em app. I do like how Apple's Hold'em folds though. You drag the cards to the center of the table to fold and you can do it before it's your turn to act.
    Last edited by FUnkyTang; 07-14-2008 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

lws
    Developer
    Thanks

I'm here, I got to know my mac during the last week and set it up to please me. Installed the SDK, watched some introductionary videos from ADC about it, bought the dev certificate and am now almost there to begin porting it over.

Now that I learned the differences, I guess it wont take too long. But I'll take the oppurtunity to clean up my code once again. I've got not much else to do this week, so I'm optimistic that I'll make good progress!

I also bought Apples game and do like some of their ideas, but dislike many others
    I don't want to steal from them, though. Rather outperform them with better ideas.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Any idea on how long it will take to release to the AppStore and whether you will still update the Installer version now that you're in the dev program?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i like the way you think lws, as a developer you don't wanna copy, but take notes and do better. now you know what your up against, im eager to see what you come up with to out do it. the appstore holdem is a well made game, but some options like u said are easy to hate. but since u know what ur up against, i know u can do better.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

STC
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Will you release one more update in installer to fix the bugs from the latest release?

Thx! and keep up the good work.

lws
    Developer
    Thanks

@STC: Maybe so, maybe no, don't know yet.
    But for the AppStore release I'm definitely going to fix them

@bdawg923: Can't measure that yet. But I'll try to make an estimation soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Get'er done LWS!
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s