Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: thtouch (texas hold'em game) early stage

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i like having the deal button much better. i liked the other way much better
    iTouch 2.0 (free update/pwn'd)
    iPhone 3G white (pwn'd)
    MacBook Pro 15inch (using tethered)

2 broken wrists so give me a break. no more 2007 Yamaha r6

Version 32e:

The message area never clears the result of the last hand, leaving you with "John Doe shows "Flush, Ace High" John Doe wins 2300 chips!" during the next hand, so you never get the info on the current hand, like "Option?' or what the amount the pot has been raised to "45 chips to call?" etc. This was an issue that had been fixed with earlier versions, now it's worst than ever. This reason alone makes this version very frustrating to play.

Don't try tapping the deck to deal (like last version), because it'll say "Check" then the next player will check, even though the damn hand is over (lol) and the game will FREEZE.

Also, on a side note: some of the players names are just lame, like Mr. T, Chuck N., John Doe, Sean. A minor complaint, but none the less. You might as well have names like: Billy Bob, Agnes, Claudia, Duane, Madame X., Skeeter

Luckily, I saved a copy of version 30j, so I will uninstall this version ASAP.

its better but freezes on some hands...

can you make so you dont have to keep checking when both hands are "all in" or if one of the 2 hands are all in? side pots still kinda messed up.... make so we can save a current game? ive won 1st place 4 times, and they all took around 1 hour to 1:30 hour... saving would be great... but still a excellent app...

It's sounds like you need and option to change between the control methods

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    It's sounds like you need and option to change between the control methods
    Actually the latest version handles the control methods quite well. You can now use the old control method which works flawlessly and never see the wheel, or you can bring the wheel up if you prefer that method. The great thing about this version is you can use the old controls and never see the wheel if you so choose.

There's still some bugs to work out but we are definitely back on track.

Great job Pit! I can see it's difficult trying to please everyone, but as far as the controls go (swipe vs wheel anyway) I think you got it nailed!!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    Version 32e:

The message area never clears the result of the last hand, leaving you with "John Doe shows "Flush, Ace High" John Doe wins 2300 chips!" during the next hand, so you never get the info on the current hand, like "Option?' or what the amount the pot has been raised to "45 chips to call?" etc. This was an issue that had been fixed with earlier versions, now it's worst than ever. This reason alone makes this version very frustrating to play.

Don't try tapping the deck to deal (like last version), because it'll say "Check" then the next player will check, even though the damn hand is over (lol) and the game will FREEZE.

Also, on a side note: some of the players names are just lame, like Mr. T, Chuck N., John Doe, Sean. A minor complaint, but none the less. You might as well have names like: Billy Bob, Agnes, Claudia, Duane, Madame X., Skeeter

Luckily, I saved a copy of version 30j, so I will uninstall this version ASAP.
    I agree w/ this guy here. I hate how the "John Doe wins xxxx" stays on the screen. And where is the call prompt?? Most times I dont even know its my turn w/o the call prompt.

Is the old version still in installer?? I want to go back to it asap!

Yep the 'Call?' prompt needs to come back. And some things from the last game stay on screen. But the controls are awesome lws! Can't thank you enough for that.

Haha, it seems whenever Pit fixes something, another problem pops up and people being to complain again. The life of a programmer...

It's still coming along great though man. I'm amazed at how far this has come, and I'm sure it will be great by the time it comes out in the AppStore.

Again, if you want any help, I'll do all I can.

We're not complaining mate. We just want him to know what we like/dislike and what bugs we find, hoping to be of some help to him.

This latest version works very well control-wise except for check. That part doesn't seem nearly as responsive as it did in earlier versions, and several times, I accidentally folded when I was trying to check. Maybe I'm just uncoordinated...

Also, after playing for a long time, the game gets sluggish and has even frozen a couple of times. I think there's still a memory leak hanging around.

All that said, you've really done a fantastic job with this, thanks! (and yes, I donated).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Let me just say I'm impressed with the new update, but I'm also impressed with your response to everyone's suggestions and complaints. This game is great because you actually listen to everyone's ideas and not just the way you think it should be.
    Kudos!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xenomorph78 For This Useful Post:

kojirovn (07-05-2008), mikdiamon (07-05-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by xenomorph78 View Post
    Let me just say I'm impressed with the new update, but I'm also impressed with your response to everyone's suggestions and complaints. This game is great because you actually listen to everyone's ideas and not just the way you think it should be.
    Kudos!
    I second that
    iPhone 4GB [1.0.2 OTB]
    2.2 Bootneutered and QuickPwned!

Hey there,

I just wanted to let you know, that we reached the first donation goal yesterday! I'll order the mac in about 9 hours from now, hoping it arrives quickly.

I setup the next donation goal, which is a fair bit lower and shall help me with paying the rent and buying some food for july. Thanks to everbody so far! This will get most exciting now, as I'll be finally getting my hands on the right development tools.

Cheers and good night for tonight!

Thanks

That's great Pit! I'm glad you are getting your mac and can't wait to see the results!

I would have bought the food instead of the mac :P I would prefer to stay alive, even if this would mean to work with a PC LOL

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

jus to throw this out there.

editing the names are as easy as spelling them. one thing i noticed is the pot shares are pretty messed up. split pots are not proper. and it used to say who checked/raised but now it doesn't. even after a hand it still says who won the last hand in the middle of the table n that gets annoying. calling/raising/checking works fine tho, and maybe u could change the little thing above everyone about raise/call. like maybe let it show then fade away if its a call, raise is red n stays unless someone else re-raises then the original raiser's red box fades, then the new raiser is red til everyone calls n hand starts. jus some thoughts
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

i like that idea too
    and i prfer the old players notifications like "call" appeared in an arrow points to the right and "fold" appeared in an arrow point to down, etc.....
    iPhone 4GB [1.0.2 OTB]
    2.2 Bootneutered and QuickPwned!

Hmm, for some reason my post was deleted but here it is again:

Bug (doesn't always happen): If I try to raise, the raise dialog comes up, I choose an amount to raise, and swipe up. But it doesn't raise, and I can't do anything else other than to fold. The raise dialog (when it shows the chips) doesn't hide. Then next hand, the only thing I can do is raise the amount I tried to raise the previous hand, or fold.

Bug (happens on all-in): If I'm going heads up with someone and one of us is all-in, the other person can still raise/check/fold. That shouldn't happen. The turn and river should just be shown without rounds of betting.

Question: Will you continue to support THTouch when you also make it available in the AppStore? I, for one, am using an iPod touch and don't want to pay $10 to upgrade to firmware 2.0 for the AppStore. So since there will be updates to the app, will they be just for those people who purchase the app through iTunes or will you also continue to support the version for jailbroken devices?

And also, if I donated and give the app a price, will I be able to get it for free (on my iPhone, not iPod touch)?

love the update but would love to see an option to resume game after responding to a msg during a game.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast