Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: thtouch (texas hold'em game) early stage

I have another little bug in .32a

I had 3 pairs and it said I only had 2, making the AI win.

Quote Originally Posted by lws View Post
    @persichini: Hehe, no, thats just the German language version of the game showing "Spieler" instead of "Player", as it is the German word for player.
    If you really want to change your name already, just edit the english language file. Replace "Player" with something you'd like to read in the game. But that is not the way its meant to be. I'll hopefully get to the preferences stuff soon.
    Call me anal or OCD but it drives me nuts to play a game where you’re called player. Thanks for the fix.

Spieler German for player... learn something new every day.

Quote Originally Posted by powell View Post
    I have another little bug in .32a

I had 3 pairs and it said I only had 2, making the AI win.
    I might be reading this wrong but you can only have 5 cards in texas holdem. so its impossable to have 3 pairs ie (Ace&Ace, 2&2 and a Jack&Jack) thats 6 cards one to many... don't think its a bug.

edit:
    And on a side note.. haven't download the 32a but in the 32 swiping & the check tap works just like before even with the wheel you all so hate. just swipe to the right to call and the wheel pops up but if you just finish your swipe it acts just like before and the wheel disapears. i just pretend the wheel isn't there and play the game just like i always have. now my wife will love the wheel she can't get the game to reconize her swiping.
    Last edited by persichini; 07-01-2008 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@smirkis: there is checking: it might be that it was broken in 0.32, but in 0.32a it definitely works.

@persichini: thanks for explaining the poker rules. I really don't have time to answer posts that are obviously false alerts just because the author doesn't know the rules of the game...

@everyone: Please read the gameplay guide before saying that something with the wheel is wrong. I tested it thoroughly and everything works like it should. I have to admit that it sometimes has minor performance issues and isn't always perfectly 100% smoothly animated, I'm working on that, too. I'm of the opinion however, that the tools that I'm using (namely just an editor and a compiler) are merely good enough to do efficient performance tweaking.

I really need that mac soon. I already applied to the developer program two days ago, hoping that the rumors of very long waiting queues are not true.

I know there are still many things to do, but it gets more and more annoying to work under these circumstances. My computer is over 5 years old, failing on me around 1-2 times a day, forcing me to reboot by hard reset. Not funny at all, but luckily I do save often.

You can see the donation stats on the webpage, it got very far already, though it isn't enough yet, also because I had to use a small part of to buy food. I don't have any other noteworthy income atm :/

Sorry for the rant, I know I was letting you down with updates. I hope you like the new stuff. I will go on. I just hope you support me doing it. Thank you!

Pit, first off, great progress on the game! I've been a follower since the beginning and it sure has come a long way. Keep it coming. But of course, I do have some comments (take these with a grain of salt if you will . . . ):

(1) I really like the old "swiping" method better than the current "wheel/swiping" method. The old method I thought was better because you could swipe/double-tap anywhere, it was simple and it worked beautifully. Now you have to swipe in one area and double-tap in another - a bit confusing and clunky (in my opinion).

(2) The new user/player log feature is hard to read sometimes (small or really small font size) depending on what play has just transpired.

But this is definitely is going to be "the" card game app when it hits the App Store.

Keep 'em coming!

One question for you:
    Do you plan on having a feature where you could continue a previous game? I always find myself not wanting to leave a game (which can go on for a while sometimes) because of the lack of this feature. Something like "Continue Last Game" and "Start New game" on the startup. One time it was just me and another player that were the last ones playing (and I was leading by 6,000) when I got a phone call. Of course I had to start all over again when I finally got back to the game. Man, was i pissed.

Well, anyway, good luck and can't wait to see this become "Official" July 11th.

@lws

Not sure why i haven't done so already but i just sent a donation your way. Love the game. Can't wait to see the finished product expecially the update with game save

Russian localisation is not working.

I see, two small typos in the localization file.
    You can either wait till the next update, which will come way earlier this time, or open Russian.lproj/Localizable.strings in your editor and find the following lines:

HTML Code:
    <key>WAIT_CALL<key>
      <key>WAIT_OPTION<key>
    <key><key><key><key><key>
    and replace them with:

HTML Code:
    <key>WAIT_CALL</key>
    <key>WAIT_OPTION</key>
    ]The same applies for the French localization. The closing </key> tag
    HTML Code:
    </key>
    was accidentally misspelled <key> (missing "/").</key></key></key></key>
    Last edited by lws; 07-01-2008 at 02:14 PM.

I think the old swipping method is better than the tap-hold and then swipe method. The swipes need to be bigger and more directional in the new method.

I like the old method but I think you needed to add context sensitive help to your help compass, to help begining users. It should have had a Double Tap to Call.

The new interface is more confusing because you use a button to deal, a double tap to check and circle swipes to do everything else. The older interface was fast and more like what Apple might do.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

am i supposed to double tap somewhere special to check? cuz it don't say so, and i jus keep double tapping all over the places and that circle thing pops up n goes away pops up n goes away. over n over n over again. and when i try to raise, i swipe up, i choose my amount, and i keep swiping upward and it wont push my money forward. it jus basically hangs there as i keep swipiping upward and that circle thing keeps poping up n going away. dang

edit: there it is, i gotta double tap on my cards now to check? thats weird
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

I translate it in Italian.
    There is any possiblility to insert this language in next release?
    Thanks.

Code:
    "DONATE_LINK" = "http://thtouch.leberwurstsaft.de/donate.html";

"WINNER_ANNOUNCEMENT" = "%@ vince %d chips!";

"POT_TOTAL" = "Puntata";
    "POT_ROUND" = "Mano";
    "FINISHING_PLACE" = "posto";

"WELCOME_MESSAGE" = "Benvenuto in";
    "TAP_TO_BEGIN" = "Premi per iniziare...";
    "UNNAMED_PLAYER" = "Giocatore";

"TWO"	= "Due";
    "THREE"	= "Tre";
    "FOUR"	= "Quattro";
    "FIVE"	= "Cinque";
    "SIX"	= "Sei";
    "SEVEN"	= "Sette";
    "EIGHT"	= "Otto";
    "NINE"	= "Nove";
    "TEN"	= "Dieci";
    "JACK"	= "Fante";
    "QUEEN"	= "Regina";
    "KING"	= "Re";
    "ACE"	= "Asso";

"TWOS"	= "Due";
    "THREES"	= "Tre";
    "FOURS"	= "Quattro";
    "FIVES"	= "Cinque";
    "SIXES"	= "Sei";
    "SEVENS"	= "Sette";
    "EIGHTS"	= "Otto";
    "NINES"	= "Nove";
    "TENS"	= "Dieci";
    "JACKS"	= "Fanti";
    "QUEENS"	= "Regine";
    "KINGS"	= "Re";
    "ACES"	= "Assi";

"PAIR"			= "Coppia di";
    "THREE_OF_A_KIND"	= "Tris";
    "FOUR_OF_A_KIND"	= "Poker";
    "TWO_PAIRS"		= "Doppia coppia";
    "FLUSH"			= "Colore";
    "STRAIGHT"		= "Scala";
    "STRAIGHT_FLUSH"	= "Scala di colore";
    "ROYAL_FLUSH"		= "Scala reale";
    "HIGH_CARD"		= "Carta pił alta";
    "FULL_HOUSE"		= "Full House";

"FULL_OF"		= "Full di"; // i.e. Full House, Aces Full Of Tens

Default Consideration + better italian translation (imho)
    Great job man!
    However I like the old way more than the new one, coz it was faster and more "Apple-style", very polite and functional.
    Too many different areas to care about: the deal one, the wheel one and the check one. I'm not stupid... I manage to play it but I simply prefer as it was before!

I think you should give the possibility to choose the kind of control, wheel or swipe, in the future.

Another thing. I'm Italian and I've tried the WSX's translation... I found it a little "buggy" and moreover it misses some new strings you just introduced so I wrote a new one by myself.
    I hope you'll include it in the next release. Here it is:

Bye
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gabro27; 07-01-2008 at 04:51 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

wsx u can edit it yourself. i went in and edited the file to say my name instead of "player"
    but here's everything you translated already translated for you, jus ssh or iphonebrowser it to the language folder and replace like russian or something since u don't use it, so when u select it, it'll be in italian
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

and i got tired of seeing the " " so i removed those too lol.

edit, darnit i guess im to slow. ehh i tried
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by TitoC View Post
    (1) I really like the old "swiping" method better than the current "wheel/swiping" method. The old method I thought was better because you could swipe/double-tap anywhere, it was simple and it worked beautifully. Now you have to swipe in one area and double-tap in another - a bit confusing and clunky (in my opinion).

(2) The new user/player log feature is hard to read sometimes (small or really small font size) depending on what play has just transpired.

But this is definitely is going to be "the" card game app when it hits the App Store.

Keep 'em coming!

One question for you:
    Do you plan on having a feature where you could continue a previous game? I always find myself not wanting to leave a game (which can go on for a while sometimes) because of the lack of this feature. Something like "Continue Last Game" and "Start New game" on the startup. One time it was just me and another player that were the last ones playing (and I was leading by 6,000) when I got a phone call. Of course I had to start all over again when I finally got back to the game. Man, was i pissed.

Well, anyway, good luck and can't wait to see this become "Official" July 11th.
    It's all about trying to make it right for everybody. If you already now where to swipe to, then don't bother waiting for that wheel to pop up and just swipe away. It will recognize your command as well. Just be sure to make it long enough to trigger that lock of the selected action. I personally don't look at the wheel at all. It's just to help the beginners, to show them which way to move their fingers to do the actions... and of course to show off the funny lighting effect

The deal button is just there, because of some glitch, which should be gone now, actually... I'll consider moving re-dealing back to the wheel.

That you can only check in the lower area is to avoid bringing up the wheel twice, just becauce you tapped twice. And that you can bring up the wheel only in the center area is because you shouldn't bring it up in a place where you couldn't select all possible directions and lock them.

I might shorten the distance from the center that is needed to lock the actions. Its that long to make sure you can see what you are selecting before triggering it, because otherwise your finger might hide it...

As you can see, this is full of ideas and problems to come by. It took me a few days to get it all thought through. But it is still subject to change and improve, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    edit: there it is, i gotta double tap on my cards now to check? thats weird
    If you'd read the gameplay guide, that I set up and linked from within the game, you'd have known this right away.

@everyone: The guide is here. Please check it out and stop wondering about the controls. THTouch

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    wsx u can edit it yourself. i went in and edited the file to say my name instead of "player"
    but here's everything you translated already translated for you, jus ssh or iphonebrowser it to the language folder and replace like russian or something since u don't use it, so when u select it, it'll be in italian
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

and i got tired of seeing the " " so i removed those too lol.

edit, darnit i guess im to slow. ehh i tried
    You actually shouldn't replace the file in the Russian.lproj folder, but rather create a new folder called Italian.lproj and put it there. If you have you iPhone on italian, then the game will automatically pick the translations up from the relevant .lproj folder. Applause to Apple for making this amazingly easy for us
    Last edited by lws; 07-01-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I downloaded the new version and now I can't raise before the flop when I'm the big blind. Had to fold pocket kings.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the hint! Will be fixed in the next update for sure.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

WOW i just finally realized you have to wait for the ok. LOVE the new style it looks very very clean and refined cant wait for more updates, an option menu (even if it doesnt work yet) would be nice
    iTouch 2.0 (free update/pwn'd)
    iPhone 3G white (pwn'd)
    MacBook Pro 15inch (using tethered)

2 broken wrists so give me a break. no more 2007 Yamaha r6

hey, great work. although im a fan of the original swiping system, i do appreciate the time and effort put into the new system. I think that maybe down the track an option to select the method might help deal with the lovers and haters of the different systems.

I think the old swipe system was better and easier to use. Have found this update to have a lot of problems, players only having 1 card, players still betting even though they have no money, just had a player win with a pair of jacks and a pair of twos over another player that had a pair of queens and a pair of twos. A step back with this version in my opinion

I like the blue raising the blinds notification messages. How often do you raise the blinds? Also, the blinds need to come out of the players banksrolls before the cards are delt.

I love this app untill update. The new swipe is Wack and takes so long.. I love the old method. It made the game go alot smoother. Also we need a save.. Good work on this app. I love it I just we had a choice to choose on swipe. I think u tryed to fix something that was working great. Now u split the fans..

Quote Originally Posted by 3dguymwm View Post
    I think the old swipe system was better and easier to use. Have found this update to have a lot of problems, players only having 1 card, players still betting even though they have no money, just had a player win with a pair of jacks and a pair of twos over another player that had a pair of queens and a pair of twos. A step back with this version in my opinion
    I totally agree with u a step back.. Is there a way I can go back to old version.. It worked great for me.. It only needed a save button not a deal button.. Anyway keep up the greatwork..
    Last edited by coachballfirm; 07-02-2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast