Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 26 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: thtouch (texas hold'em game) early stage

Default Multiplayer
    lws.. Check out how Real Dice NL Poker is setup.. I used to play it on my old Moto Q and it works like a charm. It was realtime, and even had an embedded chat feature. It'll b hard work but will pay off on the long run because you'll have big client base.

And for the Far future you could even incorporate a real money option like other big sites like Ultimate Poker and the possibilities are endless. I know for a fact that I will donate even more if a Multiplayer feature is setup.

Great work so far! You'll b seeing a donation by me shortly.

Thanks, Jay.

Kind of you, but multiplayer will only be done once I ported it over to the official SDK.
    I'll see what I can find about Real Dice NL Poker.

Great work so far! Thanks, lws.

I saw on Twitter that you're working on a new control method? Could you leave the old control method with swipes left, right, down, up as an option in the settings? I think it's an awesome control method. (If that's what you mean by control method).

Edit: I found another bug: I swiped Deal (maybe twice by accident) with 4 people left, and it just dealt cards and there were no blinds posted. After that hand, the blinds didn't get posted either until I quit and restart, and the other time it was like 4 hands later that blinds worked again. This happened to me two times already (not in the same session).

Suggestion: Could you give the option of a 1-click all-in? Closer to the end of the game if I have lke 7000 chips and I want to go all-in, it takes like 5 minutes to click the 100 chip pieces enough times. And could you give the option of have a slider control the chip bets? If I want to put someone else all-in, it's easy to use a slider (like Party Poker for example) than clicking the individual chip values.
    Last edited by bdawg923; 06-23-2008 at 12:14 PM.

We need a save state bad. I've yet to be able to finish a game without getting a phone call messing me up.

save should be in next update..that is very helpfull for alot of people

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Workin like a charm still....donation DONE! Keep up the awesome work!!

I agree the save feature would be beneficial to me and my winnings $$$!!!!
    Thanks Again!

keep up the good work, looks great so far!..

Finally donated lws! (My paypal issue was finally sorted out)

Thanks for all your hard work, and I look forward to the future of the game.

If you need any help with anything, graphics, coding, etc. feel free to ask me and I can lend a hand hopefully.

I might add a preliminary "save" feature with the next release already, which would actually be a sleep mode (app keeps running in the background). This is not a good way to do it and is even prohibited under the official release conditions. I rather want to store the games state so you can decide on the next start of the app whether you want to continue where you left or rather start a whole new game.

I only have a few hours tomorrow, lets see how far I can get.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ill watch if you set up a web cam :-D love this app still. finally someone showed that loser who ran with his blackjack
    iTouch 2.0 (free update/pwn'd)
    iPhone 3G white (pwn'd)
    MacBook Pro 15inch (using tethered)

2 broken wrists so give me a break. no more 2007 Yamaha r6

Quote Originally Posted by lws View Post
    I might add a preliminary "save" feature with the next release already, which would actually be a sleep mode (app keeps running in the background). This is not a good way to do it and is even prohibited under the official release conditions. I rather want to store the games state so you can decide on the next start of the app whether you want to continue where you left or rather start a whole new game.

I only have a few hours tomorrow, lets see how far I can get.
    might i suggest maybe talking to zodtdd because i think on his emulators his save games dont actually go in sleep mode.. i may be wrong tho.. but from what i have experienced you can make save points any time and select from any restore/save point any time u want.. hope this helps

The error that starts the round without the blinds is caused by swiping too quickly after the hand had ended. i.e. if you swipe the next deal before the results are displayed then the next hand deals really quickly and no gets to ante or bet.

also I am not sure if this has been brought up but all in is very buggy. if a player is all in and the other still has money it is possible or him to still bet each round. It becomes dangerous because the player can go all in with many times more chips and loose it all to some one all in with only 1 chip all in.

the swipe to check is fussy. some time I need to swipe 4 or 5 times to get a response.

I hope this helps.

i am feeling pretty good with myself today. finished the game for the first time last night. i must admit though it took forever at the end because everytime someone bet the others would fold. it got to a stage where there was two of us (me on about 7000 chips and the computer on about 3000) and even 20chip bets would cause the other player to fold.

finally though the other player started betting big and at this stage i was getting over it so i called the bets (with 2, 7 off suit) and he went all in (eventually found out that he had pair of Aces) lucky me though i pulled off a straight and won.

stabililty is about 95% solved - i had a couple of hands where we all got 1 card (that i could see) and they didn't flip over so i didn't know what i had. also sometimes it seemed to skip me in the first round of betting

well done - very good game
    Last edited by jama_kj; 06-23-2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: add info

rick1123581322: Double tap to check, haha. I made the same mistake. The other two bugs are already well noted.

ericmac017: zodtdd is just porting other emulators over, which already have this functionality. The save files are probably compatible with computer emulators.

lws: For saving, why don't you just take an easy route and save all the info to an XML file that can be read when the program is opened again? Shouldn't be that difficult to implement, and it's a cheap and easy way for now. I've done similar things in other programming languages before, and I'm certain the iPhone and it's Objective-C can handle it, haha.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    This app rocks! Now that it's on my phone I am nothing but smiles. However, I have a few suggestions for the creator...

1) Save game data. (Money, User Info)
    2) Add some prefs (Style of cards / table / Player Name)
    3) Please add a feature to speed up computer play if you fold early... (Pain in tha buttox to wait for the games to end.)

P.S. Awesome app regardless of the slight lack of features! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by realism View Post
    This app rocks! Now that it's on my phone I am nothing but smiles. However, I have a few suggestions for the creator...

1) Save game data. (Money, User Info)
    2) Add some prefs (Style of cards / table / Player Name)
    3) Please add a feature to speed up computer play if you fold early... (Pain in tha buttox to wait for the games to end.)

P.S. Awesome app regardless of the slight lack of features! Thanks!
    1,2,3 have been requested and are being worked on by lws.

Any one notice the all in bug is still in 30j... me and one computer. my $870 went agaist the computers $1300. after i went all in the computer kept betting agaist himself. he raised atleast another 300 after he matched my all in.

Sweet app. I dl'd the latest ver 3.0j or something like that. I did notice a few of the bugs, but theyre not a big deal.
    One suggestion (if it wasnt already mentioned) is an instruction page. The ? is great, but it took me 15 mins to figure out that you needed to double tap to check.

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 26 ... LastLast