+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] iDope (stable) dopewars for the iphone!

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
hey, it would be very good if the bugs are solved before adding new features. is these bugs are solved it would be the best game for me to play
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hey,
    it would be very good if the bugs are solved before adding new features. is these bugs are solved it would be the best game for me to play on my phone. dont get dissapointed.
    cheers
    1.1.4 Winpwned ----> 2.0 Winpwned

Baseband- 04.05.04_G
    Bootloader- 3.9 (1.0.2 OOTB)
    Call In/Out - Yes/Yes
    SMS In/Out - Yes/Yes
    GPRS - Yes
    YouTube - Yes

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

One thing that would help limit how quickly would be to have the jacket limit/upgrade from the original game.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wahkiz View Post
    Lastly, the score charts ranks both money and days, so iDope will not have a 30 day game over limit, and instead will expire when your health is 0.
    But the health never reaches 0, its to easy now. Im on day 103 and has 2147483647$.. I would prefer to have a time limit, that way everyone has the same condition (prerequisite, better word?) and its more about dealing skills .. "how much could you deal in 30 days"....

And in the original game you can only carry 100 drugs in you coat from the beginning, then you can buy a bigger coat (so you can carry 125, 150, 175, 200 and so on). The bigger coat you have the more expensive it should be to upgrade. As it is now, if you have 8475629483 you can easily double it by buing 169512589 LSD for 50 and sell for 100.

When you have 3795873985739875 $ the game is just not realistic and its hard to tell your friends that you got (humm.. i dont know what to call that number) points. In the original you could make a couple milion $ if you where good, thats it.

Also, you sould be able to earn more money by dealing the more expencive drugs, now it doesent matter what drug you are dealing, buy LSD for 50 and sell for 100 and you earn equal as if you bought Cocaine for 1500 and sold for 3000, because you get more LDS than Cocaine. The only way to fix that is to put a limit on how much you can carry.

Thanks

hey,
    cool, these are really good suggestion and maybe easy to implement but i dunno as i am not a developer.
    thanks
    1.1.4 Winpwned ----> 2.0 Winpwned

Baseband- 04.05.04_G
    Bootloader- 3.9 (1.0.2 OOTB)
    Call In/Out - Yes/Yes
    SMS In/Out - Yes/Yes
    GPRS - Yes
    YouTube - Yes

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

hey i appreciate your work. i spent all day yesterday playing it and showing it off to all my friends. this is truely my newest fav game for the iphone.

one complaint i have for sure, is the 999 buy limit. lift that to something way higher, because when i have lots of money, i needa buy 999 at a time and do it 75 times before im happy lol. its way more time consuming, and i'd like to jus go ahead n buy 80,000 of an item if i choose to.

i know its been mentioned, but i jus wanted to share. the health glitch is kinda cheating lol. when i have mad loot i jus spike my health to over 500 or so n don't think about it for a long time. i wish there were news updates like the real game that tells u about sales n demand n stuff. when u pay the loan shark, it pays him off but doesn't show the difference til you back out to the jacket. either way great freakin job man. this game is already fun as crap, but wish there was a more feasable high score so i can actually try to get on the list rather then know other people cheated there way on the list. maybe after the next release, you should wipe the high scores
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smackjack View Post
    Im on day 103 and has 2147483647$..

I have that exact dollar amount, but mine does not go up anymore???

Developer
    Thanks

Hi guys,

The new version of iDope will go up today. This version has fixed several bugs, and adds some new functions.

- Jacket storage is limited, you start with 100 and you can upgrade as you go by using the Jacket Shop.
    - Your expenses will be higher and higher when you get richer.
    - Buttons will no longer "get stuck" when you decide to dismiss your buy or sell requests.
    - New events. ^^

Have fun. I updated the first page with links.
    Why Donate : Because apps should not have a pricetag =)

iPark 0.1 | iDope BETA | wk iPhone Apps | wkLive service

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hi guys,

The new version of iDope will go up today. This version has fixed several bugs, and adds some new functions.

- Jacket storage is limited, you start with 100 and you can upgrade as you go by using the Jacket Shop.
    - Buttons will no longer "get stuck" when you decide to dismiss your buy or sell requests.
    - New events. ^^

I cant wait till I play this.. but... you link doesn't work....

Developer
    Thanks

Hi,

I have fixed the links. Have fun!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wahkiz For This Useful Post:

s2kpdx (04-17-2008), Taniban (04-17-2008)

Thanks

Bug - I got my debt paid off and have like 1mil in 0.3.3, went to the jacket shop and upgraded my jacket to 1200, went to buy some drugs and selected buy all, and it still let me by like 5500...

Developer
    Thanks

Hey,

Did buy all let you buy unlimited before you upgraded your jacket to 2100?

Thanks

Hi guys,

- New events. ^^

Hey Wahkiz... v3.3 is nice! Pros: game runs smooth, love the new updates! (jacket shop & Hospital, cops, gettin mugged), it's more difficult (if you dont cheat lol) and I like how you can die!
    Cons: Cheaters can still Cheat! (home button price refresh), you get caught by the cops alittle too much(just alittle), and still lil easy to reach max score.

Conclusion: Still my fav Game on iphone by far!
    btw: hope you dont mind I gave my friends thier copies with my graphics(with your develop credits obviously)

"TIP JAR" = thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by touchit View Post
    Hey Wahkiz... v3.3 is nice! Pros: game runs smooth, love the new updates! (jacket shop & Hospital, cops, gettin mugged), it's more difficult (if you dont cheat lol) and I like how you can die!
    Cons: Cheaters can still Cheat! (home button price refresh), you get caught by the cops alittle too much(just alittle), and still lil easy to reach max score.

Conclusion: Still my fav Game on iphone by far!
    btw: hope you dont mind I gave my friends thier copies with my graphics(with your develop credits obviously)
    Same as what he says really.. its a great game.. I havent cheated.. but I think one does need a limited amount of days to play this as... it seems like I can go on and on forever.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    it is a great game, I love how it is being updated but I have found many bugs with the latest version:
    1. when you put "buy all" in a drug it says it is only going to buy 100 of the drug but is actually buys all as it used to do before (without the limit)
    2. I once got mugged and my money went to -140...
    3. when you go into jacket and click on the money or on your life it the program crashes
    4. I dont know if this is caused by the 100 quantity limit bug but once I bought a lot of drugs for 120 and then sold them for more and end up with less money than before... this has happened a couple of times.

I like a lot of things but I would change or add:
    1. I thing a 10% interest per day in debts is a little too much. the only way to win the gam eis to concentrate in paying your taxes as soon as possible because if not they go too high and you definetly will not be able to pay them.
    2. You do get a lot of random events... you get caught by cops too much. (Maybe you can add good random events too, like casually finding drugs, etc).
    3. A pay all debt button in the bank

Anyway, thanks for the great game

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the update !
    it will be nice to add a language option !

Thanks

Played it for 8hours straight on my spring break trip, I'm a billionaire!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Motumbis View Post
    it is a great game, I love how it is being updated but I have found many bugs with the latest version:
    1. when you put "buy all" in a drug it says it is only going to buy 100 of the drug but is actually buys all as it used to do before (without the limit)
    2. I once got mugged and my money went to -140...
    3. when you go into jacket and click on the money or on your life it the program crashes
    4. I dont know if this is caused by the 100 quantity limit bug but once I bought a lot of drugs for 120 and then sold them for more and end up with less money than before... this has happened a couple of times.

I like a lot of things but I would change or add:
    1. I thing a 10% interest per day in debts is a little too much. the only way to win the gam eis to concentrate in paying your taxes as soon as possible because if not they go too high and you definetly will not be able to pay them.
    2. You do get a lot of random events... you get caught by cops too much. (Maybe you can add good random events too, like casually finding drugs, etc).
    3. A pay all debt button in the bank

Anyway, thanks for the great game
    Just to reiterate, bugs #1, 2, & 3 happen to me as well and for changes I agree with #1 & 2. You only start with $10,000 but a $100,000 debt so I spent a few days making money, but I made less money in those 3 days than my debt had gone up. And for #2, the first time I started it up, I got caught by the cops 10 times in a row. I think that's a tad too much.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can't download

Developer
    Thanks

Hi,

The reason that random events happen so often, is because the original game is that way as well (almost every turn), but definitely to get a cop chase for 10 times in a row, has to be a randomization error. (or ur just plain unlucky ^^)

I am trying to make the game as difficult as it can gets, because it seems that every time a version is released the top 10 board is filled with highscores. I am willing to listen to any advise that can prevent that.

Thanks

It's fine that the debt increases by more than you make. Sometimes that is reality. When you start up a "business', you initially have a lot of debt and spend a lot of time in the beginning paying it off. Maybe the strategy is to pay it off early. But that's how some people finish with more money sooner. There is no problem with that. You have to learn when to pay off debt and how much you need to pay.

There are too many cop busts. I like the idea of getting beaten up by a crack whore; getting hit by a taxi; having a client to whom you sold skanky dope put a curse/voodoo on you or kick your butt; or other random events. It would also be great if good things could happen, like finding drugs or money (lucky stuff). Maybe you can buy a four-leaf clover and other lucky charms for good luck like you can buy better jackets.

There could be three options: (1) With a day limit - you earn as much as you can within 30 days, with one day meaning that you travel to another borough, not an actual day; (2) With a time limit - you earn as much money as you can within one hour or two hours (actual time) - maybe the person can choose the time limit; and (3) You try to earn as much money as possible (maybe to the current maximum of $2.xxx billion (was that right?)) or lose the game if you go down to zero and cannot pay the debt - this option may need a save game function.

Overall, the game is entertaining!

Maybe you can add pwned iPhones running beta firmware 2.0 as one of the types of contraband.
    Last edited by vandy1997; 04-18-2008 at 02:50 AM.