+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] iDope (stable) dopewars for the iphone!

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi ! I have installed this application and it's cool But, what about a language option ? Thanks ! (I'm French)
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi !
    I have installed this application and it's cool
    But, what about a language option ?

Thanks !
    (I'm French)

Thanks

hey wahkiz
    u listened to my advice (money value)
    i feel honored.. i Really dO!
    great release
    previously known as iWant 1.1.1
    ...my dev-base...

iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Factory Unlocked

Green Apple
    Thanks

No, wasn't hard to reach the top score. Takes about 5-10 minutes the first time you try the game and then you can do it faster. If this is a supply and demand game, there should be a variable limited supply and a variable limited demand that's connected to the prices. So: supply > demand == low prices, and supply < demand == high prices. One week you can only buy 5 units of cocaine at a high price and 50 units of weed at a low price. The week after you can buy 20 units of cocaine a low price and only five units of weed at a high price. In addition you'll only be able to sell a limited amount of cocaine when the price is low, and as much as you like when the price is high, but always at a lower price than what sellers are asking from you. And the more you sell, the lower you have to set your price. Say you want to sell 20 units of cocaine: You can sell 10 for $4500, 15 for $4100 and 20 for $3900 etc. That way you'll have to do a lot more thinking and juggle different illegal subtances at the same time more often to maximize profit. Would be more fun? Some graphs on price development in different parts of the city would also be nice, especially if they're showing trends, so you'll be able to partially predict where prices will be high and low. That way you'll know where to go next. Right now it all seems a bit random, and wether you score high or low is more based on luck than anything else.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm having trouble paying off the loan shark. The preselected amounts work fine - it's when you try to specify an amount that gives me trouble. The keyboard pops up so that you can enter the amount you want to pay. Typing produces no effect and when you try to pay - the amount is $0.
    Am I missing something?

Thanks

hey,
    i found a bug, when i go to jet and go to some place after that when i go to jacket and click health, it crashes to springboard.
    here is the ssh log for the crash-

My iPhone:~ mobile$ /Applications/iDope.app/iDope
    2008-04-13 16:11:24.205 iDope[555:d03] *** -[ButtonBarView msgbox:content:context:addition:]: selector not recognized [self = 0x331920]
    2008-04-13 16:11:24.211 iDope[555:d03] *** Uncaught exception: <NSInvalidArgumentException> *** -[ButtonBarView msgbox:content:context:addition:]: selector not recognized [self = 0x331920]
    Trace/BPT trap
    1.1.4 Winpwned ----> 2.0 Winpwned

Baseband- 04.05.04_G
    Bootloader- 3.9 (1.0.2 OOTB)
    Call In/Out - Yes/Yes
    SMS In/Out - Yes/Yes
    GPRS - Yes
    YouTube - Yes

Thanks

looks really good! the toplist is not very stable though.. everyone on top 10 has 2147483647

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smackjack View Post
    looks really good! the toplist is not very stable though.. everyone on top 10 has 2147483647
    thats because they all reached the top score...
    there must be a bug that they found....
    2147483647 is the maximum number of points u can get...
    ...my dev-base...

iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Factory Unlocked

Thanks

how many days do you have? In original dope wars you have 30 days then its game over.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smackjack View Post
    how many days do you have? In original dope wars you have 30 days then its game over.
    thats what i was asking.. i played the game and didnt know how many days I had left... but i finish everything before 30 days I guess anywayz... lol.

Developer
    Thanks

Hi everyone,

I noticed that several people have gotten to the max score using the 1 day hack. I want to applaud these guys for their time and strength for continuously quitting and restarting the app, although I would suggest it's better off putting your money and strength to where it is most advantageous to everyone (which is donating to support wkLive service as well as iDope development =D ).

And for the rest who achieved max scores by not cheating, I would appreciate it alot if you can share your experience with us, on how you go about buying, healing and paying off debts. These statistics can provide me more details to getting the game to run with fair difficulty.

Lastly, the score charts ranks both money and days, so iDope will not have a 30 day game over limit, and instead will expire when your health is 0.
    Why Donate : Because apps should not have a pricetag =)

iPark 0.1 | iDope BETA | wk iPhone Apps | wkLive service

Thanks

hey wahkiz...
    seems that the tags are broken?
    ...my dev-base...

iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Factory Unlocked

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wahkiz View Post
    Hi everyone,

I noticed that several people have gotten to the max score using the 1 day hack. I want to applaud these guys for their time and strength for continuously quitting and restarting the app, although I would suggest it's better off putting your money and strength to where it is most advantageous to everyone (which is donating to support wkLive service as well as iDope development =D ).

And for the rest who achieved max scores by not cheating, I would appreciate it alot if you can share your experience with us, on how you go about buying, healing and paying off debts. These statistics can provide me more details to getting the game to run with fair difficulty.

Lastly, the score charts ranks both money and days, so iDope will not have a 30 day game over limit, and instead will expire when your health is 0.
    Hi luiz,

It is working. Only if your scores are updated on the board. I have flushed the database twice yesterday and today to clear off the maximum scores.

I am quoting myself to bring my post onto this new page.

Thanks

ah ok
    yea i see.. mines working now

btw, could u change the bootimage from iWant 1.1.1 to "luiz" ?
    only if u still have the psd
    thanks
    ...my dev-base...

iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Factory Unlocked

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well I figured out how to change the permissions, but they were already set to 755, i messed around with it and got iDope to work with the permissions set to 777. So if anyone's having trouble, try that.
    Last edited by ThirstyTurtle; 04-13-2008 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hamfast View Post
    I'm having trouble paying off the loan shark. The preselected amounts work fine - it's when you try to specify an amount that gives me trouble. The keyboard pops up so that you can enter the amount you want to pay. Typing produces no effect and when you try to pay - the amount is $0.
    Am I missing something?
    I have the same problem. Anyone?

Also, I did find it extremely easy.

Excellent work BTW!
    Last edited by Doolang667; 04-13-2008 at 11:43 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I legitly got the max score in 30 days. Extremely easy, and I don't see how one couldn't get the high score. Just use all your money to buy low and sell high. LSD is a good start up buy. Depends though, other cheap ones are good too. Then you just buy anything that'd cheap and sell when you see the price is up. Paid off the debt all at once at around day 10. Healing was easy too, considering how much money you get.

Developer
    Thanks

Hi 5h00p3r man,

Maybe you can explain alittle about your strategy? Because I myself, as the dev of the game couldn't get to the highscore. (i admit). I need to try it for myself to see how easy it is.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wahkiz View Post
    Hi 5h00p3r man,

Maybe you can explain alittle about your strategy? Because I myself, as the dev of the game couldn't get to the highscore. (i admit). I need to try it for myself to see how easy it is.

Pretty much exactly like he said above. For the most part I played the same way and had my loan payed off and the high score in about 15 minutes. Buy low, sell high. Keep on your health.

Another little thing I noticed. At the hospital, If I'm at 100% health (or whatever health) If I get 10, 25, or 50 health, it keeps adding up. Say 185%. BUT! While at 185%, if I purchase 100%(full health), it puts me back to 100% instead of 285%. Hope this makes sense.

Anywho, other than these issues (top menu crash too) this is going to be awesome once it get the bugs worked out. I love it now, just too easy.
    Last edited by Doolang667; 04-14-2008 at 07:54 AM.

Thanks

when i pay some amount to the loan sharks, it shows the same debt and cash as before in the loan shark screen until i go to some other screen and go back to loan shark to see the updated debt and cash. hope this gets solved out and and the bugs informed bu Doolang667 are also present. another bug is that when i go to buy something and once any of the four option (buy all, sell all, buy, sell) are selected and i do not have enough money, i first need to select zero items, then some other tab and then the amount of the stuff and option i wanted to select. i would love to do a review with video on this app when a bit more stable version is out. hope my 2 cents help in improving the application.
    Last edited by eternal; 04-14-2008 at 08:56 AM.
    1.1.4 Winpwned ----> 2.0 Winpwned

Baseband- 04.05.04_G
    Bootloader- 3.9 (1.0.2 OOTB)
    Call In/Out - Yes/Yes
    SMS In/Out - Yes/Yes
    GPRS - Yes
    YouTube - Yes

Developer
    Thanks

Thanks for all the feedbacks,

Recently iDope got some reviews and most of them thinks the iDope should be offer more than it does now, I hope these guys can understand that I am a student which does not have prior programming education, all the programming is entirely learnt in my free time. Not to mention that I am doing iDope at my very limited leisure time, a one man team can only achieve this much.

Secondly, to my surprise, my hoster renamed several files on the wkLive server because they think it is taking too much of their bandwidth. I am very pissed with their actions, and am thinking of switching to a better hoster.

Hope you guys understand the wkLive service downtime, as well as why the game does not live up to expectations.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to wahkiz For This Useful Post:

Hagge10 (04-27-2008)