Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Snapture

It is toooooooo slooooooow for saving photos ..... lol ...
    I think ... I do ... in my utopia ...

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=324941&dateline=12156  49304

I just donated for this app, as I think it is very good and the creators are worth a donation to help them continue to develop this essential app.

I have also suggested an option to turn off the "tap screen to take photo", as I saw one person said it was awkward for them as they had big hands meaning they accidentally took photos, and I too have taken a photo by mistake when trying to click on a menu choice

Hopefully they will find it useful feedback

I have this one bug it does only save it's settings twice, after opening the app for the third time the settings are reset. Anyone have the same issue?

PS: I noticed that if you click the sapture button after the settings button, it saves fine. Only if you exit the app from the settings page, it does not save it. I did give the org.snapture.plist 0777 permissions even tried 4777 but still the same.

But anyway this app is great, using the volume buttons to take a picture is so much better.
    Last edited by iBlade; 04-11-2008 at 07:54 AM.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by meetidnani View Post
    OK..my problem.. i dont have access to a wifi network..so i cant really ssh into my phone... any other way of creating a symbolic link or any other way of making my pics appear in the camera roll?

PS: Im on 1.1.1
    Not sure if it would work, but you could install "Terminal" (from installer) and type the commands directly on your iPhone.

Good luck!
    Last edited by iPhonikator; 04-11-2008 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” - Alexander Graham Bell

Still having problems?

Go install Boss Prefs V1.62 to fix permissions. Easy to do and you can move your customize, SMB, Finder, Terminal and settings buttons into the Boss Prefs dock to make it harder for people to screw up yo phone...

Another very cool thing to add to Snapture would be an option to enable "accelerometer image stabilization," similar to that function used on 1Shoot. That would make this camera app THE total package!

No more blurry pix!
    “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” - Alexander Graham Bell

Thanks

Great app. I've emailed the developers to ask them to consider implementing these functions/options if possible...

- Manual Exposure control
    - Timer duration that can be set by the user.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

Quote Originally Posted by wao1201 View Post
    It is toooooooo slooooooow for saving photos ..... lol ...
    Yea, this is basically the only reason I don't use it. Also the fact that it quits the app whenever you want to view your library.

darn! now i want an iphone (i have a touch)!

Im on a 1.1.4 pwned phone, and Snapture crashes every single time i launch it, i get to the title page and then it crashes. i emailed the developers two days ago and no response. I really want to use this program and suggestions ??

Thanks

I am having the same problems with it... 1.1.4 used ZiPhone but it didn't jailbreak so I used uh crap... Liberty... all is good.. everything is fine, but SNAPTURE won't work.. it crashes every time after the title page.. Bummer too because it sounds great...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

wow there are still people asking this question. Wow I am over answering . Why dont u look it up???? Read other pages?? Or why dont u try to set permissions...... Seriously...... Really????

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonikator View Post
    Not sure if it would work, but you could install "Terminal" (from installer) and type the commands directly on your iPhone.

Good luck!

Ok after a lot of hard work i finally managed to create a symlink to the /var/root/Media/DCIM folder in the /var/mobile/Media directory... but now Snapture doesnt start up... it crashes back to the home screen :'(
    Last edited by meetidnani; 04-15-2008 at 05:43 AM.

Snapture crashes for me, I installed Fring and now Snapture won't work. I don't think it's related to fring.. Anyone just have thier snapture stop working all of the sudden?

when i first downloaded it, it workerd fine but after the updates it just goes to the Snapture screen then crashes

I updated and all, and it is still working with no problems whatsoever. I am on a 1.1.3 ziphoned.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

1.1.4 2.5c Ziphoned, no problems.

Image processing seems to take half the time now with this update, down from the previous 7-10 second spinning wheel.

try Chmod 777 the Snapture directory in Applications director, if Snapture quits to springboard while trying to start up.

Snapture works perfect for the word go for me thanks to firmware 1.1.2

MAzor

For those of us who are idiots, can you write out the exact commands for terminal? I think I did this already, maybe my commands were wrong.. Also- I thought the bossprefs tool would fix it and it didn't. I don't know why I used it no problem, then it didn't work all of the sudden...

chmod -R 777 /Applications/Snapture.app

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast