+ Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Snapture

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
this program is awesome and its saving pics for me on 1.1.4, and the volume buttons work (SWEET! and hey Apple, DUH) BUT the pics aren't showing up in my
    iPhone? More like MyPhone b3nny's Avatar
    Thanks

this program is awesome and its saving pics for me on 1.1.4, and the volume buttons work (SWEET! and hey Apple, DUH) BUT the pics aren't showing up in my camera roll. i can find them with mobile finder in DCIM/100APPLE/ (and open them with preview.app) but they have a different numbering scheme and they don't show up in in my photos app. i tried rebooting. haven't tried any permissions stuff. anyone else have this problem or suggestions?

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Using it as a replacement for the stock camera and so far everything is working great
    iLive an iLife

Developer
    Thanks

its inside camera roll, just not showing the latest pics on the preview.

anyone who is not able to get the volume buttons working is not running on 1.1.4. i guess this explains everything.
    Why Donate : Because apps should not have a pricetag =)

iPark 0.1 | iDope BETA | wk iPhone Apps | wkLive service

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wahkiz View Post
    its inside camera roll, just not showing the latest pics on the preview.
    Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by wahkiz View Post
    anyone who is not able to get the volume buttons working is not running on 1.1.4. i guess this explains everything.
    I'm running 1.1.2 and the volume buttons are working just fine.
    “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” - Alexander Graham Bell

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

excellent job with this!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

I am on 1.1.4, the pictures save for me, but they get over written when I exit and re-enter that app.

Anyone have this problem yet? The pictures are over wrtiting themselves.. I installed the update yesterday.. No help. I too emailed them, looks like there are some bugs...

I used Bossprefs to fix the permissions, but it didn't help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Pictures save to DCIM/100APPLE and are saved in the following format: IMG_120505.jpg and IMG_120505.THM

Pictures do not show up in Camera Roll

When I change the file names to IMG_0505.jpg and IMG_0505.THM, the picture shows up in Camera Roll.

I hope this helps.

I'm using 1.1.3.

Thanks

Hello,

How do I change the file names? Can I do this in mobile finder? If yes, how?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

everything works for me, im on 113... just wish it had a option to turn off the "tap screen" to take pictures... i miss fire and take pics i dnt mean to, i got big hands.

Green Apple
    Thanks

great app
    working great on 114. Volume button and saving pictures all fine

thanks much for the developers

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thaforgottenone View Post
    everything works for me, im on 113... just wish it had a option to turn off the "tap screen" to take pictures... i miss fire and take pics i dnt mean to, i got big hands.
    Suggest it to the creators of the app, i'm sure they would appreciate any feedback that makes the app more usable for users with specific needs
    Last edited by addybgrilla; 04-09-2008 at 04:20 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im running 1.1.3, and mine is not saving the pictures to camera roll. HOWEVER, when I tap the screen, iPhoto will show the pictures when I sync. When I use the volume button to capture, those photos aren't being saved.

Thanks

i`m on 1.1.4 pwned and the new version would work then all of a sudden stop showing the pictures in my camera roll. if i ssh in i could see they were there. then i figured out my problem. when i would use screenshot and save to the camera roll snapture would quit showing the pics, so i ssh in a deleated everything in camera roll. then rebooted my phone and now snapture works. or it could be also if you take a pic with the orig. camer or camerapro. i check those 2 out later. hope the devs can look into this. thanks for a great app.

Thanks

OMFG, best camera app! Camera pro got its *** kicked!

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Green Apple
    Thanks

after the update everything works great im on 1.1.2
    thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gutridge View Post
    Pictures save to DCIM/100APPLE and are saved in the following format: IMG_120505.jpg and IMG_120505.THM

Pictures do not show up in Camera Roll

When I change the file names to IMG_0505.jpg and IMG_0505.THM, the picture shows up in Camera Roll.

I hope this helps.

I'm using 1.1.3.
    I have the same problem before and now fixed.

I found the problem is some JPG file in Camera Roll affected the program get the next photo sequence number. my case was have a file SNAP_200550.JPG (should be generated by screen capture). Each time when I start Snapture the first photo take with sequence 200551, next with 200552 and so on. If I go back to springbroad and restart Snapture the new photo use the same sequence and overwrite previous one.

Problem fixed after remove the file SNAP_200550.JPG.

If you still have the problem, try check your Camera Roll folder by 'Finder' or SSH and remove/rename any JPG file not follow the naming convention 'IMG_9999.JPG'.
    Last edited by ZeroLoHK; 04-09-2008 at 11:59 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZeroLoHK For This Useful Post:

gutridge (04-10-2008), Hurley (04-14-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks ZeroLoHK

I had a "snap" photo in the Camera Roll.
    I removed all prior attempts from snapture and from screen capture.

Works great.

iPhone? More like MyPhone njosnavelin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonikator View Post
    [B]So I guess this means this app is incompatible with 1.1.2? Is there anyone still on 1.1.2 that has this working OK?
    I have it working on 1.1.2............don't be fooled by 1.1.4 users chat up lines and expensive dinners....you will only wake up in an empty bed with a hangover and a broken heart
    When I said that I was 'king of forwards', you got to understand that I don't come up with this stuff. I just forward it along. You wouldn't arrest a guy who was just passing drugs from one guy to another?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by njosnavelin View Post
    I have it working on 1.1.2......
    As do I, without the update...

...don't be fooled by 1.1.4 users chat up lines and expensive dinners....you will only wake up in an empty bed with a hangover and a broken heart
    HA! The last time I woke up to an empty bed was many years ago... But I'm still lucky enough to wake up with an occasional hangover and a very happy heart!!!
    “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” - Alexander Graham Bell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    If this is all thats necessary to save pictures on 1.1.2 and lower, then you can accomplish the same thing AND have the pictures show up in Photos by simply creating a Symlink through the Terminal.

The first bit would be to make sure your DCIM folder inside of the root/Media folder is writable by the mobile user, nothing a 777 can't fix.

chmod -R 777 /var/root/Media/DCIM

The next bit is to create the symlink thats just like a place holder in the mobile/Media folder that really just redirects you to /var/root/Media/DCIM.

ln -s /var/root/Media/DCIM /var/mobile/Media/DCIM

(Please note, if you have created the folder above, you'll have to delete it, or else the Symlink will go inside of that and not work correctly. The Symlinked folder must be in /var/mobile/Media, not /var/mobile/Media/DCIM/DCIM)

Launch Snapture and give it a go, take some pics, exit out and hop into Photos. If all goes well you should see your folders.

If it doesn't work, you may have to also change the folder permissions on the folders that lead to the DCIM directory. I would do this last if you don't have success with the steps above.

chmod 777 /var/root

chmod 777 /var/root/Media

Good luck!
    OK..my problem.. i dont have access to a wifi network..so i cant really ssh into my phone... any other way of creating a symbolic link or any other way of making my pics appear in the camera roll?

PS: Im on 1.1.1