+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Snapture

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by DaveiPhone It might be worth deleting the file: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mobileslideshow.plist If that's corrupted you'd get that problem... /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ is an empty folder on my 1.1.2 phone. However -
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaveiPhone View Post
    It might be worth deleting the file:

/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mobileslideshow.plist

If that's corrupted you'd get that problem...
    /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ is an empty folder on my 1.1.2 phone.

However -

/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mobileslideshow.plist does exist. Backed up com.apple.mobileslideshow.plist and deleted same, but still no joy. Pics still not saved. I noticed com.apple.mobileslideshow.plist gets re-created, but with a smaller file size than before.

Thinking maybe com.apple.mobileslideshow.plist should be present in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ I copied the file to that location but still no joy.

Quote Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
    Saving just fine in 1.1.4. I'd say the issue is to do with root vs mobile user.
    kyteflyer, care to elaborate on this?
    Last edited by iPhonikator; 04-06-2008 at 04:50 PM.
    “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” - Alexander Graham Bell

Thanks

why not just install boss prefs and fix all permissions?

My iPhone is a Part of Me desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

Originally Posted by kyteflyer
    Saving just fine in 1.1.4. I'd say the issue is to do with root vs mobile user.
    kyteflyer, care to elaborate on this?
    your probably on 1.1.2? 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 save stuff in mobile instead of root.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Retired Moderator arthursdomain's Avatar
    Thanks

I had a similar problem to whats been described when using my burst mode. From what ive experienced that it takes sometime to save and there also seems to be a problem when you take a large amount of pictures in a row without the spinning circle stopping. Ive gotten it to crash and not move pictures, however, when i take one picture at a time and wait for the circle to come to a complete stop it seems to work. It could be a 1.1.2 or older problem... if so... upgrade! what are you waiting for?
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is it possible to recover the pictures i took?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by desepticon View Post
    your probably on 1.1.2?
    Yes, I'm still on 1.1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by desepticon View Post
    1.1.3 and 1.1.4 save stuff in mobile instead of root.
    So I guess this means this app is incompatible with 1.1.2? Is there anyone still on 1.1.2 that has this working OK?

Quote Originally Posted by arthursdomain View Post
    It could be a 1.1.2 or older problem... if so... upgrade! what are you waiting for?
    LOL, Well, until now I couldn't see any real benefit in upgrading. I guess this app has given me the incentive to do so!
    Last edited by iPhonikator; 04-06-2008 at 05:04 PM.
    “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” - Alexander Graham Bell

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

man i'm loving it. I never bother to install camera pro but this one is really worth it
     Think Different

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

running 1.1.1 and pictures don't save.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

downloaded it earlier and it replaced my stock camera within one photo
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

Finally a free version of Camera Pro. Well, thats basically what it is.
    A Thanks is always nice =]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, i just installed this super cool app an hour ago, and pics were not saving.

im running 1.1.1 and as you may know, when you upgrade to 1.1.3 up the folder are changed from Root to mobile, so, for us 1.1.2 down, CREATE this Folders

mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE/

Just like that, take a picture and it will be saved there, only thing is that you wont be able to see it on the iphone pics but if you use the FINDER or such youll see them

ALSO Folders DCIM and 100APPLE must be on 700 for permissions, now i just have to figure out how to make them apear on the photos :P

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

Snapture 1.1 works really good on the 1.1.4. Best of all it is free. Great app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy178 View Post

im running 1.1.1 and as you may know, when you upgrade to 1.1.3 up the folder are changed from Root to mobile, so, for us 1.1.2 down, CREATE this Folders

Just like that, take a picture and it will be saved there, only thing is that you wont be able to see it on the iphone pics but if you use the FINDER or such youll see them

ALSO Folders DCIM and 100APPLE must be on 700 for permissions, now i just have to figure out how to make them apear on the photos :P
    do tell us if you figure it out..
    thanks~~

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok i just emailed them a suggestion and i hope we soon see a new snaptune exclusively for 1.1.2 down, hopefully :P

might take a day or 2 for them to make it tho =/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy178 View Post

If this is all thats necessary to save pictures on 1.1.2 and lower, then you can accomplish the same thing AND have the pictures show up in Photos by simply creating a Symlink through the Terminal.

The first bit would be to make sure your DCIM folder inside of the root/Media folder is writable by the mobile user, nothing a 777 can't fix.

chmod -R 777 /var/root/Media/DCIM

The next bit is to create the symlink thats just like a place holder in the mobile/Media folder that really just redirects you to /var/root/Media/DCIM.

ln -s /var/root/Media/DCIM /var/mobile/Media/DCIM

(Please note, if you have created the folder above, you'll have to delete it, or else the Symlink will go inside of that and not work correctly. The Symlinked folder must be in /var/mobile/Media, not /var/mobile/Media/DCIM/DCIM)

Launch Snapture and give it a go, take some pics, exit out and hop into Photos. If all goes well you should see your folders.

If it doesn't work, you may have to also change the folder permissions on the folders that lead to the DCIM directory. I would do this last if you don't have success with the steps above.

chmod 777 /var/root

chmod 777 /var/root/Media

Good luck!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

iPhonikator (04-07-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well actually i have no idea how to use terminal, never did :P

i just contacted the developers and they fixed my thing
    they sure answer fast xD

everything will be fixed on next release and also preferences will be saved after you exit the app not like now

but also im sure the sym what ever would also work great

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Update coming up....
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to give an update to everyone. We've been working hard to figure out what the bug was. We're pretty sure we've got it figured out. It was difficult because we couldn't reproduce the bug, so we're debugging purely based on speculation, and from what others are saying.

In any case, a few people emailed us and were kind enough to help us flush it out. Should be getting released tommorw.

We're also going to put in the preferences saving in the next release.

Thanks for all the feedback, you guys are awesome!

-edge17

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edge17 For This Useful Post:

addybgrilla (04-09-2008), Dash-2 (04-12-2008), sundberg (04-08-2008), zoidberg md (04-10-2008)

Thanks

LOL, Well, until now I couldn't see any real benefit in upgrading. I guess this app has given me the incentive to do so!
    Waiting for the pwnage tool on windows to be released

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

great app, but taking pictures with the volume buttons foesnt work here.
    well, they dont show up on the camera roll.
    however, pictures taken with screen touching/tapping does work, these pics do show up...

i can live with that :-D nice app, cool addition to the collection

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    If this is all thats necessary to save pictures on 1.1.2 and lower, then you can accomplish the same thing AND have the pictures show up in Photos by simply creating a Symlink through the Terminal.

The first bit would be to make sure your DCIM folder inside of the root/Media folder is writable by the mobile user, nothing a 777 can't fix.

chmod -R 777 /var/root/Media/DCIM

The next bit is to create the symlink thats just like a place holder in the mobile/Media folder that really just redirects you to /var/root/Media/DCIM.

ln -s /var/root/Media/DCIM /var/mobile/Media/DCIM

(Please note, if you have created the folder above, you'll have to delete it, or else the Symlink will go inside of that and not work correctly. The Symlinked folder must be in /var/mobile/Media, not /var/mobile/Media/DCIM/DCIM)

Launch Snapture and give it a go, take some pics, exit out and hop into Photos. If all goes well you should see your folders.

If it doesn't work, you may have to also change the folder permissions on the folders that lead to the DCIM directory. I would do this last if you don't have success with the steps above.

chmod 777 /var/root

chmod 777 /var/root/Media

Good luck!
    This totally worked for me! Now running Snapture on 1.1.2 with no problems.

Instead of using command line, I created my Symlink using WinSCP.

x999x, Thank you! (And you've been "Thanked!")

+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast