Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] iBlacklist - Call and SMS Filtering

Pysl does both call and sms filtering for free.

Quote Originally Posted by davidchang511 View Post
    Pysl does both call and sms filtering for free.

Except Pysl is super buggy at this point. I tried it today, as I have a particular 800 number that constantly calls me, up to a few times a day, and I really don't know why. Anyway the free version of iBlacklist by far exceeds anything Pysl has done to this point.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

In the end... the world is governed by Economics, supply and demand. At the moment, this is the demand and there are few supplying it hence the you see apps that aren't free. People will buy it no matter what as they 'need' it. Eventually there will be other substitutes (quality of substitutes not taken into consideration) that costs less and this will drive the pricing down otherwise the more expensive app will not be bought and wither away.

Eventually, if PYSL does get their problems sorted, then PYSL will win this battle as simple as that.

Take a look at the example of Snapture and CameraPro.... the quality is more or less the same, one is free and the other isn't. Snapture wins.

Well I went ahead at bought it and I'm very happy to do so. If I had the knowledge to write it fine... but I don't so as a way of thanks I bought it. Guy's everyone likes something for free, and thats me as well.

John

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Before we all can have apps for our iphones for free, if you notice, we are paying for all the new apps for the iphone now, whats happening...
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Hi Mates

Let me introduce myself. Iīm the developer of iBlacklist and iīve read all your posts related to my program.
    I respect ALL opinions, and i would like to thank everyone who are supporting me on this and other forums. But now excuse me, iīd like to write my own opinion.
    Actually, you donīt have to pay. The app is free on our repository, and it works for free. Now, please understand my point, i have a family to take care (did you see that little 1 year and a half kid in the back of my video on youtube?), like many many of you here. So, i do this for my son, basically.
    I have a regular job, wich kills me everyday a little more, but i like to work.
    Everyday, when i get back at home, i work on this app to get it better and better, and i have to do this on my "spare time". I could be playing with my son, or doing other things with him, but i sacrifice this precious time in my life (and so on his life) to develop an usefull application for you all. Everything in order to get a better life to him and my wife.
    For weeks, iīve been sleeping about 4 hours each night... But why do i need to sleep??? Donīt know.
    The iBlacklist had a few problems only with the script for the installer (the app itself has no problem at all). It was fixed since version 1.4 and now the instalation is smooth and the program is running really fine from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4.
    Please keep checking for updates. Iīm working hard now and yesterday i was succesfully on doing the SMS part, so SMS will be available really soon.
    To finish my point of view, thanks God we live in a free world, so itīs better even for each one of you to have options to decide. So it doesnīt matter to me if there is similar app or not, but i promise to you, mine would be a killer of all of them... Keep checking...

http://repo.iphonebrasil.org

Spektro from iDevBrTeam

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

morphiusrt (04-16-2008), picomor (05-14-2008), Projectile (05-19-2008)

very well put! I haven't tried it yet but I'm very interested so I'll try it & donate when I get home! Can't wait for the SMS block! Please continue the good work, but do take breaks for ur son (I have a 2yr old and another on the way) they also need some of ur time. Thanx again!!
    Last edited by LeathaFace; 04-08-2008 at 08:27 AM. Reason: misspelling
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

this is a revision of p-firewall. the only thing iblacklist added was the fee and the limitations,,,,,,
    p-firewall is free and has no limitations,,,,,it came out in china first and ispazio gives you the english addon.
    add iphonecake.com/r.xml to resources and repo.ispazio.net
    see thread http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100841
    Last edited by skihound; 04-08-2008 at 09:32 AM.
    SkiHound ,,, Loves his Iphone,

Quote Originally Posted by skihound View Post
    this is a revision of p-firewall. the only thing iblacklist added was the fee and the limitations,,,,,,
    p-firewall is free and has no limitations,,,,,it came out in china first and ispazio gives you the english addon.
    add iphonecake.com/r.xml to resources and repo.ispazio.net
    Sorry mate, never heard about it, so it couldnīt be a revision of this or any other similar app.

Thanks for your interest

Quote Originally Posted by LeathaFace View Post
    but do take breaks for ur son (I have a 2yr old and another on the way) they also need some of ur time. Thanx again!!
    Thank you LeathaFace, and congratulations for your "most new life project" !!!
    Last edited by spektro; 04-08-2008 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

dammit you had me until pay

just installed and tried it out, seems as if it "will" work great but im having a difficult time, I added a few #'s to the blacklist enabled it and went back home got the lil spinner restart thing but the #'s still come thru.

I get the spinner when calling and it takes alot of rings but they come thru after a while. Any info on what I can do? Still a great app to me though.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Hi LeathaFace

Wich version do you have installed? Is the 1.6?
    Also, could you please show me wich is the number (not exactly the number but just an example how did you typed them).

Thank you

Thanx for the response hopefully helping me out will answer others ?'s as well if they are having similar problems.. Ok I have 1.6 beta installed and I actually just added a number from my contacts I didn't type it in manually. Should I have? For ex. (123) 555-1234 and it showed in the blacklist with the contacts name and 1235551234, exited spinner,restart, checked to see if the # was still in blacklist, it was but the number still came thru. Like I said the call took several rings and the spinner showed like it was trying to block it but it but it slipped thru. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    dammit you had me until pay

Hehehehe, nice pic !!!
    We'll be releasing the 1.7 version soon with many improvements like SMS, a nice Scheduler and bug fixes for any kind of problems you were possibly having. Please keep checking!!!

Cheers

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

I understand you my friend i wasnt talking about you, i was taling about the other app similar to yours, i will donate on yours I agree with your opinion
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Nice app

Hi mates

Version 1.7 up now:

http://repo.iphonebrasil.org

PLEASE !!!
    For those ones who have it INSTALLED and ENABLED, please go to the app first and put it to DISABLED state before perform the update !!!

Cheers!!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

FAK (04-16-2008)

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast