Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: P-Firewall block unwanted numbers

Default P-Firewall block unwanted numbers
    Just saw this on installer and wanted everybody know about it. It is supposed to block specific numbers from a blacklist, unfortunaly it does not work for me either on 1.1.1 nor 1.1.3. After installing I had to set permissions cause it did crash back to springboard. After the permissions are set it starts up alright and you can add numbers to your blacklist but the calls do come through anyway. I'm sure that this can be fixed, I will try and will be posting here if I succeed. BTW it is on the ispazio source. http://repo.ispazio.net

Edit: It does work for me now, had to give it 4777 permissions. When called from my home phone it will give me busy signal, when called from my other cell phone it displays a call failed mesagge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0010.png   -img_0011.png   -img_0012.png   -img_0013.png  
    Last edited by iBlade; 04-04-2008 at 04:13 PM.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

aiacovou (04-05-2008), alectra82 (04-07-2008), alexloo (04-23-2008), Best Geeks (04-05-2008), GQmacguy (04-10-2008), Iman07 (04-22-2008), kamanitelecom0 (12-03-2010)

Actually this is a app developed by a chinese company - Net Dragon.

This app is still in RC1 stage, it'll have a English version when it release.

I don't know why ispazio.net put it into there source with a wrong install script and wrong author, but if you guys want to try with this app anyway,
    add this source: iphonecake.com/src/all

There is a app:P-Firewall (Chinese version).
    Install it, and replace the language file with attachment. Work for 1.1.1-1.1.4

Or you can wait for the release version, it'll work as a charm and come with a English version.
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iphonecake For This Useful Post:

aiacovou (04-05-2008), alexloo (04-23-2008), smokin (04-30-2008), watsmcm (04-17-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by iphonecake View Post
    Actually this is a app developed by a chinese company - Net Dragon.

This app is still in RC1 stage, it'll have a English version when it release.

I don't know why ispazio.net put it into there source with a wrong install script and wrong author, but if you guys want to try with this app anyway,
    add this source: iphonecake.com/src/all

There is a app:P-Firewall (Chinese version).
    Install it, and replace the language file with attachment. Work for 1.1.1-1.1.4

Or you can wait for the release version, it'll work as a charm and come with a English version.
    Thanks for the info, tried it as you wrote but still a no go. If not we'll have to wait a little.

Does it just ignore the calls or gives out of reach?
    iPhone 4GB [1.0.2 OTB]
    2.2 Bootneutered and QuickPwned!

Quote Originally Posted by TatesMan View Post
    Does it just ignore the calls or gives out of reach?
    I dunno cause it still won't work for me. Try it and let us know.

Edit: It does work for me now, had to give it 4777 permissions. When called from my home phone it will give me busy signal, when called from my other cell phone it displays a call failed mesagge.
    Last edited by iBlade; 04-04-2008 at 04:05 PM.

it'll just give a busy signal, the author can't make a power off or out of reach for now...

hopefully next RC will be better

Awesome, I've been getting some 800 number calling me recently... a lot. Don't know how they got my #.

Can't wait for the official release.

This doesn't work for me.. I tryed blocking my home phone# but still comes through even though I changed the settings to 4777 I also tryed 4755 but still the same..

i changed permissions however when i click it..
    all i see is a white screen and then just crashses to springboard

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Doesn't work here, lets calls through. (fw 1.1.4)

For whom get it run and can't block the call, maybe you need edit your number in blacklist.

Like 1800xxxxxxx

I don't know why it's not working for someone, it's working for me (112) and some other users(114) on my website.

Lets see the release.

I had it working, now I can't get it to work again, lol.

Edit-

Okay, I figured this out, basically you need to physically restart your phone, i.e. power it down (red slider) then power the phone back on. Set your blacklist and turn on the P-Firewall. The springboard will restart. Now calls will be blocked, you wont hear them ring, they'll go directly to voicemail and you'll see a number appear above your phone icon to represent a missed/recent call. My permissions are set to 755, which I believe is the Installer default in this case.

Lastly, I this will not work on Blocked phone numbers.]

Please Note: The Uninstall process may hang, as there is a special executable that installs and uninstalls the app which is evoked from a command line from Installer. You will need to hold the Home+Power button to power down the iPhone. For some reason the Springboard will not automatically respring after exiting installer. Once powered back up, your phone will return to normal, and respring as it should when prompted.
    Last edited by x999x; 04-04-2008 at 08:27 PM.

what do you guys mean by "permissions", and how do you change those settings?? im on 1.1.4. JB and when i open it, i see a white screen, then it brings me back to springboard....

Very handfull application especially when ALL peoples getting a ride for your phone number ... Bill Gates here

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

very handy

Installing this one bricked my 1.1.3 iPhone

The Springboard didn't manage to respring and the phone restardted and fell into reboot loop and fails to boot up at one point.

I'll have to restore it today. F*ck!

Well it must be related to your phone, many people used it with no problems.

it actually worked for me

on 1.1.4
    Last edited by rasbill; 04-05-2008 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

works for me.

exs can't call.

I've put the English Localization patch on my repository for those who can't access a desktop to give this a go.

Fight Club:
    http://dezign999.com/repo

23. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

GQmacguy (04-10-2008)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast