+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downloaded bigboss app (looks like light switch) icons are now gone

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
so i opened up this application its had ssh,edge,and a few other options with on and off switches next to them and at the top add icons so i clicked
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Downloaded bigboss app (looks like light switch) icons are now gone
    so i opened up this application its had ssh,edge,and a few other options with on and off switches next to them and at the top add icons so i clicked that and then i clicked on icons and restarted my summerboard and now those icons i selected are gone..how to i get them back

Thanks

go to the same place, but remove those icons...
    previously known as iWant 1.1.1
    ...my dev-base...

iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Factory Unlocked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thats the thing i would but that icon is gone as well..so im at a complete loss here on what to do.

Thanks

do u have ssh? if so open putty and enter /Applications/BossPrefs.app/BossPrefs it will open now...
    previously known as iWant 1.1.1
    ...my dev-base...

iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    Factory Unlocked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i do have ssh. these are the icons that are gone.. installer,settings,sbprefs,phone,ipod,contacts all the important ones.. i cant open up ssh cause i have no clue where its at now..

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

if you have xlaunch installed use that to open bossprefs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i dont know how to get to that..where is that at. all my icons to where i can access my safari,ipod and all the other goodies are gone how do i get to that? i cant access my ssh everything that i need is GONE

Developer
    Thanks

You need to edit your /Applications/BossPrefs.app/Info.plist and delete these 4 lines:
    (EDIT: Well this ridiculous forum editor strips it so its unreadable. Here are the lines: http://pastebin.com/f8cf787f)

Save and replace the file on the iPhone. You can do this with SCP or with iphonebrowser. After this, restart the iphone and you will have BossPrefs icon back. Go in and unhide what you dont want hidden.

v1.61 will not allow you to add BossPrefs to its own dock any longer.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please help
    I uninstalled big boss prefs in my 1.1.4 iphone and now i lost several icons such as installer and settings and phone's. The phone is working but how can I make the icons be back??????

Please help
    I uninstalled big boss prefs in my 1.1.4 iphone and now i lost several icon such as installer and settings and phone's. The phone is working but how can I make the icons be back??????
    Last edited by tmadaras; 04-24-2008 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey people, i have been robbed in italy of money on my phone. they tell me i need to install bossprefs and it will stop edge connecting. i have been trying to find a link to download it but have been unsuccessful!

can anyone pls direct me somewhere via link to the download?

thanks people

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Open BossPrefs, click more, click dock icons and remove all the ones in there. All you've done is hide them. Took me 2 restores to figure that out.
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default After installing bigboss I lost many icons - How to unhide them back?
    Hello!

I have a 1.1.4 iphone (unlocked - how I do not know...I paid for unlocking it...)

My problem - after installing through installer various apps including bigboss is the following:

Sorry for asking more or less the same question, but I am not that expert and I would feel better if someone could answer me with simple step by step instruction the following:

I have installed BigBoss in order to increase the volume of the disk (If I understood correctly iphone has 2 partitions, one for apps and one for my files i.e. photos, music etc.)

So, after installing and run this Big Boss app I lost a lot of icons on my screen...
    I understand that the apps are not lost... the shortcuts (the icons) were lost...
    So, how can I find back my icons and be able to use these "hidden for now" apps again?

Please reply and please reply to me in "simple words"

Thank you very much!!!

Waiting for your reply!!!

tzamko (from Greece) ;-)