Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSwitcher does not change background

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    I uninstalled the iSwitcher v1.56 WiFi pak from my iPhone (that's the install I used last). Installed the EDGE package, picked the Transformer Protect theme and it worked just fine. What's odd is the Aqwoah theme is in the EDGE Set1 add-on package.

I'll test that package (again)... hang on...

Update: Okay, d/l Set1 and loaded the Aqwoah theme, worked just fine. Then I switched to the Fall theme and it worked just fine.

I really don't know how to help as I can not replicate the problem, sorry...
    Thanks for trying to help out. The problem is obviously with my phone. Can you tell me what directories I need to delete to completely remove iSwitcher to start from the beginning? I want to try that before doing a complete restore.

TIA

Yeah, thanks for trying Greg. I still have the problem and really cant work it out maybe i have changed something i was not supposed too.

Install either the WiFi v1.56 or the EDGE v.1.56 package and then perform the uninstall. It will remove all traces of iSwitcher and the themes folders.

Reboot your phone and then try installing v1.56 again.

Unless you are having other problems, I'm not sure I'd restore my phone... well actually I would but hey I'm like that!

White 3G

Right tried what you did but did not work. One thing that does happen is... when i power off my phone and restart it the Aqwoah icons show for a split second and then it changes to my summerboard theme that i am currently using.

Right, i just uninstall everything except installer and the aqwoah icon are still on there! I think i must have changed something somewhere

Any ideas on what to do?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neil1979 View Post
    Right tried what you did but did not work. One thing that does happen is... when i power off my phone and restart it the Aqwoah icons show for a split second and then it changes to my summerboard theme that i am currently using.

Right, i just uninstall everything except installer and the aqwoah icon are still on there! I think i must have changed something somewhere

Any ideas on what to do?

thanks
    That sure sounds to me like SummerBoard IS in control of your icons. Does your display change when you select different SummerBoard themes? I believe the "SummerBoard" theme is just a wallpaper and dock, no icons.

How many SummerBoard themes do you have installed?
    White 3G

hello Greg,

Summerboard works fine. Icons, dock and wallpaper all change when i select different themes from it. I really think i must have changed something using ibrickr as i was trying to install some themes from this website but could not (and still can not ) work out how to do it.

Tempted to reset my phone but am worried i will cock it up.

Quote Originally Posted by neil1979 View Post
    hello Greg,

Summerboard works fine. Icons, dock and wallpaper all change when i select different themes from it. I really think i must have changed something using ibrickr as i was trying to install some themes from this website but could not (and still can not ) work out how to do it.

Tempted to reset my phone but am worried i will cock it up.
    Yeah sorry... I'm stumped... more than likely you'll restore to get the 1.1.1 upgrade.

Speaking if that... I tried several times with my modded 1.0.2 and never got past the first step... Once I restored, actually I screwed up my phone (do not uninstall step 1) and just went to 1.1.1, downgraded to 1.0.2, installed the patch and upgraded to 1.1.1. Rockin' now... 1.1.1 seems really fast... iSwitcher is like 50%-60% faster! themes that took nearly 18 seconds are now installing in like 8-10 seconds. At first I thought it was a problem, like something not working, but nope, all is well.

Again, sorry I can't help..
    White 3G

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12