Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can the gov or NSA read Tigertext or other secure text message apps?

Thanks

Default Can the gov or NSA read Tigertext or other secure text message apps?
    I am using TigerText for my messaging because it auto-deletes my messages and I lose my phone all the time and don't want my personal info in my texts hacked.

Anyways, most of these apps also encrypt the messages, so I was wondering the NSA or government can undelete and read these messages, or are they truely secure?
    talk, text, talk, text, damn the battery is low...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mansonkin87 View Post
    I am using TigerText for my messaging because it auto-deletes my messages and I lose my phone all the time and don't want my personal info in my texts hacked.

Anyways, most of these apps also encrypt the messages, so I was wondering the NSA or government can undelete and read these messages, or are they truely secure?
    Depends on how paranoid you're feeling, how well your third-parties have implemented their cryptography, and how badly the US Federal government wants your data. The answer is indubitably "yes," the question is just "how much time and trouble is it worth?"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

mansonkin87 (11-23-2013)

Thanks

Well, thank you for the response Orby.

It seems like if you use TigerText or some other secure messaging apps, then the probability that the NSA is willing to spend the time and effort to hack the messages; would be low. Unless they really thought you were a terrorist or something. With encryption, private network and auto-deleted messages, I would think secure messaging is a lot more secure and harder to hack then SMS messages so it is probably secure enough for normal use.
    talk, text, talk, text, damn the battery is low...