Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PYSL (Protect your secret life)??

iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Thanks

Default PYSL (Protect your secret life)??
    A program called PYSL was officially released today and I have been messing with it all day and have yet to figure out how to use it. It has seemed to have no effect on my iPhone. Has anyone else used this program?

Im using a 1.1.3 JB 8g
    Sent from my iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone matt.superman's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah i Have played with it for a second and i guess it makes it so you can blacklist callers and texters. So if you are messing with multiple girls or just dont want people looking at your private stuff it wont show up. it took me a minute to add a caller and all that but i finally got it. it is a good app but needs some work. I.e i cant click on some of the sections like add from sms messages or whitelist. HMMM but i like it.
    You must submit to testing before I can assist you.

I'm using firmware 1.1.2 JG, 8G. I tried the program but expeienced the same problem with not being able to open the whitelist and sms messages also. I opened the program repeatedly using up the 10th limit maximum allowance before having to by it and yet don't know if it actually works. Would be greatful if someone would test this program out then post the results..working or not? Program has potential and i would purchase.

Guys, I tried this app. I have no idea what the programmer was thinking. It has an unbelievable amount of potential but it is way too buggy to be on installer yet. The developers site says that all of the functions are not enabled. Only the SMS hide thing is supposed to work. Funny thing is: THAT'S all I need! AND IT DOESN'T!

I have searched for two days on solutions to get this thing to do only what the developer says it will currently do. I Have a high success rate for getting buggy programs to work on my iphone but this has been crazy.

I get it to the point where it's supposed to work and guess what? it only blocks out going sms...not incoming. Uhhhhh this is supposed to be handy how? The average "businessman" who doesn't want confidential info from being seen is a little more worried about what "clients" write than what they send out themselves.

The fact that I had to go to that damn donate screen 5 times just to get the damn program to halfway work is crazy.

Hopefully these guys can do something with the SDK or maybe somebody new will have something for us.

Forgot: Im on an 8gig jailbroken 1.1.3 AT&T phone.
    Last edited by sabanir; 03-24-2008 at 06:30 PM. Reason: forgot

Hi,
    I've read on many forum some use have problem to use Psyl (especially 1.1.3 firmware). You can test a beta version with better support of different OS .

Before installing new version, you must folowing theses steps:
    - install version 0.31 on your iPhone (iClarified)
    - with SSH, go to /var/root/Library and delete Pysl folder
    - get new version of Pysl here: http://pysl.googlecode.com/files/Pyslvrs0.32b.zip
    - unzip and copy Pysl.App under /Applications directory of your iPhone (use SSH)
    - restart your iPhone (not respring)

Please, to report a problem, give me all informations as possible (OS version, what append and why is a problem, wich view..)

Enjoy !

Changes:
    - Better support for different firmware version
    - international language support (actually French,English and Spanish)
    - Alarm notification
    - Set SMS privacy (no popup for all SMS received)
    - Possibility to reply SMS from SMS history
    - minor fix

Have a good day!

Rikk
    Last edited by Rikk; 03-31-2008 at 08:58 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

caterpillar works way better and has more features that enhance your phone. i tried this one and found it a pain to use where as caterpillar had ways to block just sound and vibrate or what the sender wrote and just have their name. they also have one where it blocks everything and can have sound on or off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    Hi,
    I've read on many forum some use have problem to use Psyl (especially 1.1.3 firmware). You can test a beta version with better support of different OS .

Before installing new version, you must folowing theses steps:
    - install version 0.31 on your iPhone (iClarified)
    - with SSH, go to /var/root/Library and delete Pysl folder
    - get new version of Pysl here: http://pysl.googlecode.com/files/Pyslvrs0.32b.zip
    - unzip and copy Pysl.App under /Applications directory of your iPhone (use SSH)
    - restart your iPhone (not respring)

Please, to report a problem, give me all informations as possible (OS version, what append and why is a problem, wich view..)

Enjoy !

Changes:
    - Better support for different firmware version
    - international language support (actually French,English and Spanish)
    - Alarm notification
    - Set SMS privacy (no popup for all SMS received)
    - Possibility to reply SMS from SMS history
    - minor fix

Have a good day!

Rikk

File doesnt exist dude.

It's fixed. File is available now.

Enjoy !
    Rikk

Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    caterpillar works way better and has more features that enhance your phone. i tried this one and found it a pain to use where as caterpillar had ways to block just sound and vibrate or what the sender wrote and just have their name. they also have one where it blocks everything and can have sound on or off.
    What is the price of Caterpillar ? and price of Pysl ?

Rikk
    Last edited by Rikk; 03-31-2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Any way to enable the sounds when a text comes in and keep the popup away?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbplayer5 View Post
    Any way to enable the sounds when a text comes in and keep the popup away?

Thanks
    You could use iPhone standard parameters (set SMS notification under SOUND preferences).

Rikk

Do you mean in my settings menu?

I can only get the app to make a really loud sound when it filters an SMS that I have blocked. I want it to work like caterpillar in that it always plays a sound, but doesnt show the popup.

Possible?
    Last edited by bbplayer5; 03-31-2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Is not available now but I will include in next release.

Rikk

hey Rikk,
    I'm running 1.1.3, I upgraded my Pysl to 0.32 via Installer and the sounds for all my SMS disappeared, so I uninstalled Pysl from Installer and now ALL my sounds are gone; the ringer doesn't work, sms doesn't work, cannot hear previews if I try to change the ringer, and I can't even play music from the ipod. It's almost like my speaker has been completely turned off. please help!!

for some reason the sms privacy stays on at all times, even if you disable it, had to uninstall it for my message screen bubbles to come back, whats going on?

Yeah this program totally screwed my phone. it wont go past the apple logo. Any help would be nice,

I had to reinstall it multiple times to get it installed...nothing works though. Unistalled. Will wait for another release to try again.

wow guys I have had the complete opposet experience. I run 1.1.4 and it works great for blacklisting callers. That was all I needed it for. I have had no problems. If you open it over 10 times is askes for a donation. It is not required.

Where do you find caterpillar I would like to compare them.

The new version out on the installer is causing alot of people phones to crash and they have to do full restore to get them to work. I would wait until alot of the bugs are worked out.

This program locked up my phone so I won't be using again.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to djewalt For This Useful Post:

rubenmer5 (04-20-2008)

theres a new updated for pysl-.41b2. The source is www.pyslforiphone.com
    i have no problems everything is working for me im on 1.1.4
    Remember to put the 1 before the phone number example 1-718-000-0000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast