+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: gpSPhone - .sav from computer doesn't save

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
So here's the deal. I have an iPod Touch on which I installed gpSPhone so I could play some GBA games on it to pass the time. The other day,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default gpSPhone - .sav from computer doesn't save
    So here's the deal. I have an iPod Touch on which I installed gpSPhone so I could play some GBA games on it to pass the time. The other day, I decided to play Fire Emblem a bit on the computer, so I grabbed the .sav file from the iPod with iFunbox, brought it over to my computer, and resumed playing on Visual Boy Advance. VBA handled the save file just fine, loaded it, and saved when I told it to save.

But then I decided to bring my save back to the iPod. I replaced the old save with the one from the computer, and when I played it again in gpSPhone, it loaded it. But then, I saved, and nothing happened. No error from gpSPHone or anything, it just doesn't save. The save slot flips over as normal, but after that it still shows the title of the chapter I was on before, not the later chapter I was in when I attempted to save. And obviously, when I reload the game it's back to square one.

This doesn't happen with my other games, they all save perfectly. So I can assume that it was the bringing the save file from the computer that caused this problem.

I've googled hoping to find a solution, but so far nothing worked. I can handle myself with savestates if I need to, but it's still a nuisance. So if anyone knows what's up, please help me out. Thank you in advance.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, when you transfer your save back to the iPod Touch, zip the file first and then unzip it with iFile after. that way your file permissions won't change.