+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lockdown Pro problem (SBInfoGrabber to be exact)

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
So, here's the deal. Some time yesterday I've updated SBInfoGrabber to version 1.0.6, and today when I tried to lock my applications using Lockdown Pro, I see it's not functioning
    Thanks
    Default Lockdown Pro problem (SBInfoGrabber to be exact)
    So, here's the deal. Some time yesterday I've updated SBInfoGrabber to version 1.0.6, and today when I tried to lock my applications using Lockdown Pro, I see it's not functioning at all. Then I went to see what's going on in the Settings and when I tapped Lockdown Pro it gave me an error message saying I need SBInfoGrabber to make it work correctly. The problem now is that I don't see SBInfoGrabber, nor in Packages in Cydia, nor through the search function in 10 or so repositories (including modmyi and BigBoss who apparently have SBInfoGrabber). I'm sure I had it 'til yesterday when I made the update and I'm sure Lockdown Pro worked correctly. How could the tweak just disappear into thin air? Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?

P.S. I tried the hold volume up key while powering up iPhone, but the tweak was still nowhere to be found. What's the deal?

Info: iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.2, jailbroken

Thanks
    Okay, so I've found a workaround while I was tinkering. I'm sharing this info to be of help if anybody else experiences this, because it seems to be a problem with the last update for SBInfoGrabber. What you need to do is have iFile installed and go to Safari and search for SBInfoGrabber v1.0.5 deb installer (this is the version just before the update occurred), you click on it and then tap Open in iFile and select Installer. It will downgrade your current SBInfoGrabber version and now everything should work properly when you respring! All you have to do now is wait for v1.0.7 as the last one is obviously bugged.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gordon4 For This Useful Post:

moadh (03-13-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thnx alot man... i had the same problem since last night.. it worked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Thank you!
    Your work-around helped! Thanks a bunch!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Perfect... Thanks a lot dude

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did you happen to have a camera issue around this time? I updated to the new version of sbinfograbber today and now my camera crashes when I take picture. Oddly enough the camera is fine when I access it through the lock screen. I removed the new version and reinstalled the old one and something is still not right. When I get into jiggle mode for the first time the lock appears but doesn't go away when I get out of jiggle mode. I did a respring and now the locks won't come back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Your work around doesn't work for me Gordon4. v1.0.7 is also bugged! Any suggestions?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qjuljay View Post
    Your work around doesn't work for me Gordon4. v1.0.7 is also bugged! Any suggestions?
    Still broken for me too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Broken for me too. Found another fix though.. I dumped my girlfriend, don't need to lock gmail, texts and facebook anymore (no joke).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vaginitte View Post
    Broken for me too. Found another fix though.. I dumped my girlfriend, don't need to lock gmail, texts and facebook anymore (no joke).
    Download the file from below link:
    http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/...bber_1.0.5.deb

This will fix the issue. but make sure not to upgrade when u get back in to Cydia.

Br,
    Khurram

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

^funny. I need it for my 2yr old daughter. Im using applocker for now but dont like it at all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

AppLocker seems more better to me:
    From Lockdown Pro you cant lock photos from Camera, although its locked separately you can still access via camera app. Applocker locks that.
    From Lockdown Pro if you lock Music App. Goto switcher and still you can open the same and play music videos. where as if you lock Music App from Applocker you can click the play sign in switcher and listen to the song, but you cant open and you cant watch videos.

Br,
    Khurram

I tried posting this earlier but doesn't seem to appear here so posting it again. you can download the deb file from below location.

http:// apt.thebigboss.org/ repofiles/ cydia/debs2.0/ sbinfograbber_1.0.5.deb
    Last edited by Khurram.Naim; 03-21-2013 at 06:12 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hmmm. I cant post the link to download the file. it needs to be reviewed by admin first.
    fill in the slashes and webpage starter link.
    goto apt.thebigboss.org
    repofiles
    cydia
    debs2.0
    sbinfograbber_1.0.5.deb

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Khurram.Naim View Post
    hmmm. I cant post the link to download the file. it needs to be reviewed by admin first.
    fill in the slashes and webpage starter link.
    goto apt.thebigboss.org
    repofiles
    cydia
    debs2.0
    sbinfograbber_1.0.5.deb
    Thanks for the link but it still doesnt work i tried that solution a couple days ago. There is a bigger issue somewhere.

Thanks
    Actually, some of you are making this a bigger deal than it is. As Khurram and me have figured out, post-1.0.5 versions of SBInfoGrabber are broken (tried the latest one, still doesn't work). The easiest way to get what you want is to follow what I've already said. Let me write it out again with a link I used every time I had to revert from a broken SBInfoGrabber (btw, you can see it in Cydia by going into Packages > Simple and you can uninstall it manually).

All you need to do is install iFile from Cydia (if you don't already have it) and go to THIS page in Safari. Tap "Download" and on the next page tap "Open in iFile" then tap 'Installer' once iFile opens. Once it is done, exit iFile and respring your iPhone. Now go to Settings and tap Lockdown Pro and set it up again (you must do this in order for it to work again). Whichever version of SBInfoGrabber you upgraded to, this is the most simple way to downgrade it. Believe me, 1.0.5 was the last version to work, TESTED! Now all you have to do is go to Cydia > Changes and tap the newest SBInfoGrabber update that Cydia offers and when you're there select 'Change Package Settings' > 'Ignore Updates'.

That's it, now you have a working Lockdown Pro. I'll be testing all the latest versions and report back if any of them actually work.

And I'd like to give my 2 cents on the topic of lock apps: I'm a paranoid person as soon as I give my mobile phone into someone else's hands, and this is why I think the best combo is Lockdown Pro, Applocker, iProtect and Springtomize. Every one of them has that little thing they do best. I use Lockdown Pro because I can switch it instantly through SBSettings and when I turn it on it disables app deletion and icon movement, as well as lock all my important apps with it. I lock the shortcut to photos through camera with Applocker. I disable Search through iProtect as well as double protect some important apps. Through Springtomize I remove all privacy risks, such as that pesky camera shortcut you have on your lockscreen in newer iOS.

Thanks

Gordons solution works perfectly, i just downgraded my SBinfoGrabber from 1.1.1 to 1.0.5 and now LDP works fine again.

Thanks

Anyone know if the current version (1.1.2.3) of SBInfoGrabber works with Lockdown Pro? Or should i stay on version 1.0.5?