Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What is mobilesubstrate proces Felixhelper?

Default What is mobilesubstrate proces Felixhelper?
    I have jailbroken my iPhone 4s with evasion on iOS 6.1.1.
    I have less tweaks installed as I had on jailbreak 5.1.1 and now have about 50mb ram available when rebooted.
    I disabled mobile substrates one by one to see which takes up so much memory and found out it is Felixhelper. When disabled I have about 100mb rams more. Which is still a 100mb less available when on iOS 5.1.1.
    Now Felixhelper seems to me, doing some of the multitasking, because when disabled, no more than 2 apps stay open, the rest are on the switcher but when pressed start up clean, without restoration of what I was doing in the app. With Felix enabled, it seems more apps stay in memory when switching?! Could it be?

Does anyone know what Felixhelper really does and with which cydiapackage it may have come? And has anyone a solution for the memory leakage in comparance with ios 5?

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,972 Times in 6,532 Posts

Did you do a true DFU restore and then setup as new? Or just an update and a restore from backup?

I would start over with a fresh true DFU restore, setup as new, then rejailbreak.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

I did a clean restore and jailbreak, did not restore from backup. So all clean files and installed by tweaks and apps I installed newly.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Agree always best to do a dfu

Thanks

If you weren't in DFU, then it did not wipe the phone clean prior to the restore.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

I found out felixhelper is a substrate for 'handwriting recognition' for 'Action menu' so uninstalled that. Took up a lot of ram.

Re King-O-Hill
    When all substrates are disabled no ram problem. I don't think it has anything to do with the restore.
    I am going to find more substrates that eat a lot of ram and uninstall those tweaks. Glad I found of which tweak felixhelper belonged to.
    Last edited by taliezin; 02-19-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks

Glad to hear it bro! Are you using something to turn them off, like sbsettings or springtomize?