Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2 exchange accounts on iPhone - change "from" on e-mails

Default 2 exchange accounts on iPhone - change "from" on e-mails
    really need help on this complicated issue.
    I have 2 exchange accounts set-up on my iphone5.
    1. johndoe@abc-company. - this account receives e-mail from this address and also receives forwarded e-mail from the 2nd account(below)
    2. sales@NEWcompany - this account does not actually receive any mail in the in box, it is set up as a group distribution to others in the NEWcompany.

on iphone, I have enabled view of combined 2 inboxes. my default account is johndoe@abc-company. but when i receive in an e-mail which i know was sent to the "sales@NEWcompany", i would like to reply, and change the "FROM" as coming from NEWcompany address.

I am able to do this in outlook for mac 2011 (and was also able to do this in outlook on PC), but would like to do same from my iPhone.

I hope this is clear enough, and SOMEONE has an answer.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,180 Times in 6,199 Posts

I also use 2 email accounts (one for work and one for personal) and I have not figured this out either without manually changing my account settings.
    I have done all the searches and even spoke to an Apple Support Rep that had no clue on how to achieve this.
    I hope someone will have an answer also.

found this answer and it works ! ! !

I have 4 email accounts on my phone, with Exchange being the default. When I manually change the "from" field it works every time. The message shows it came from me and the from address is the one I chose.

Keep in mind that the "From" the user sees is what you set up when creating the account and could be the same for email addresses - it is different then the actual email address.

Never had issue (still don't). It will send from what ever account I am in. The default is for when you start a new mail message from elsewhere (eg: some link on a web page, etc).

Also when sending, if you tap the details link near the top to see the CC etc lines, you can see where it is sending from and you can manually change it.

found at: https://discussions.apple.com/message/10480411#10480411