Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IntelliscreenX causing crashes

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default IntelliscreenX causing crashes
    Hey All,

I wanted to see if anybody was having similar errors as me in IntelliscreenX and determine if there is a fix other than an app update. I've attempted support with the developer, but their response has always been to uninstall all Cydia apps except for theirs and add them back one by one.

I have two crashes related to IntelliscreenX. First is that my Mail app will hang. I won't receive any mail, when I go into the mail app manually it opens to a blank screen, then crashes. After it crashes all of my mail comes in and everything is back to normal. The second crash is when using Messages+ and I click on an SMS banner about 1/3 times this causes my Springboard to crash. This one is not as critical as I can just use Apple Messages instead, the Mail one is more critical. Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Tim

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

First of all, did you buy it legitimately?

Seconds, I don't have issues with this at all. Never had anything like it. Make sure you don't have any tweaks that could interfere...
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I most definitely bought it legitimately, I wouldn't have any place to complain about their support if I didn't!

I'm guessing there is a tweak, I was just trying to figure out which one without uninstalling/reinstalling everything in Cydia. It's made even more difficult by the fact that these are inconsistent crashes. Neither of them happen every single time I use the function, so it makes it difficult to determine which tweak may be causing the issue. I was hoping to see if anyone else had experienced similar issues already.

Thanks,
    Tim

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Alright, if you have SBSettings, go into the "More" section in the drop down tab and select the "Mobile Substrate Addons" tab. From there, disable every addon one by one (just not the Intelliscreen one) and respring. When it finally doesn't crash, you'll know which one is causing it.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.