+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MobilePhone.app not working

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Ok, so this is completely my fault... I was playing around to try and make the MobilePhone.pp work in the same way on my iPod touch and on an iPhone
    iPhone? More like MyPhone butler007's Avatar
    Thanks

Default MobilePhone.app not working
    Ok, so this is completely my fault... I was playing around to try and make the MobilePhone.pp work in the same way on my iPod touch and on an iPhone (display keypad, etc.) so that I could theme it easily. I edited the N81AP.plist, but am sure I have returned that to its original state.
    I also edited the mobilephone.app folder but again, have definitely returned that to how it was. Despite this, the app will nolonger work, it crashes instantly when I open it :/ I've used the appdub script and that gives me a semi-working app - it'll open and I can browse it, but will not let me facetime at all and also needs me to login everytime I open the app.

I've tried restoring to a backup created ages ago but that doesn't change it at all, I've also ran iCleaner (more out of desperation than hope!) as well as countless resprings and reboots, but nothing will make it work!!

Can anybody help at all? Would be really appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,694 Times in 5,954 Posts

MobilePhone.app.rar
    Not sure, here is the complete file and then perhaps try and replace it.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,694 Times in 5,954 Posts

Well, going to have to say the bad words then.........................."restore to a fresh OS" is my suggestion.
    You could spend a ton of time trying to troubleshoot it (learning a lot as you go) or...

Thanks

I almost did this, wouldn't have been to bad because after going back to default and re-jailbreaking, I could've restored with xBackup since the messed up files are clearly not backed up, otherwise restoring to my old backup would've been fine!
    Turned out the MobilePhone file had just been miss-named in all the confusion so it wasn't picked up! Took me ages to realise because I was too busy faffing around with info.plist!
    Anyway, thanks for the help! All is sorted now

Thanks

People may think I'm being supid here after the first post, but could anybody post the iphone's compass.app file? Going to try and install that now he phone is working properly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

did anybody get the mobilephone.app to work on ipad 2 3g using it as a regular phone with ur sim