Hey all. First thing: I'm a newb here and I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct forum to ask this. If it's not, please change it to wherever should be.

Now, for the question:

I have an iPod touch 4G, the 32GB model. It came with iOS 4.1 (I jailbroke it) and as I liked it I didn't update it for 1+ year or so. But some apps I liked started to require iOS 4.3 and higher so I decided to give it a go and update to iOS 5. As long as there is not an iOS 5.1 untethered jaibreak I decided to update to 5.0.1. After hours of errors and problems in iTunes, I finally managed to restore to iOS 5.0.1. I jailbroke it with redsn0w (latest version).
Here the problems started. First, there are three icons randomly appearing in my Springboard. one of them is the start configuration app. The other I think is iOS diagnostics or something like that. Sometimes they are there, sometimes they aren't. Totally random I think.

Now, the thing that annoys me the most is that, for example, I am playing my entire music library, and I want to jump to a specific song. What I used to do in 4.1: go to springboard, spotlight, find my song and play. BUT in iOS 5 this is not happening anymore. It plays the song, yes, but quits the entire library play and instead plays the album the song belongs to. I need a fix for this, as it was basically the only thing I used spotlight for.

Another thing that annoys me is the "snapshots" it takes when you quit an app. For example, I'm playing music and I press the home button to do something else. Then I go back to music and there is a small delay, like 1 second, in which a "snapshot" of what I was doing in music app shows, and the app is totally unresponsive, so I hit the back button, or any other thing and the app does nothing. This applies to other apps and it wasn't happening in iOS 4. I don't really care about this but... if there is a fix or something it would be great.

So this is it. Rest of things work properly I think. Thanks for your time. BTW I'm not a native English speaker so there will probably be some errors in this post.