Results 1 to 8 of 8

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Phone.app using second line

  1. #1
    Default Phone.app using second line
    I have an unlocked iPhone that I am using on Rogers. On rogers, I have two lines on one sim card. On my old phones, I use to just hold the # key, and the phone would switch between the two lines (primary, secondary). I'm not sure how to do it on the iPhone (or if it is even possible). However, I know it "kinda" supports two lines because I can call both lines and they both come into the phone, I just can't select the secondary line for outgoing calls. Anyone know a fix for that?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by arashb View Post
    I have an unlocked iPhone that I am using on Rogers. On rogers, I have two lines on one sim card. On my old phones, I use to just hold the # key, and the phone would switch between the two lines (primary, secondary). I'm not sure how to do it on the iPhone (or if it is even possible). However, I know it "kinda" supports two lines because I can call both lines and they both come into the phone, I just can't select the secondary line for outgoing calls. Anyone know a fix for that?
    Have you actually tried holding the # key? I didn't know if holding a key did anything until I held the 1 key and got my voice mail just like I do on other phones! Hope this works for you.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by arashb View Post
    I have an unlocked iPhone that I am using on Rogers. On rogers, I have two lines on one sim card. On my old phones, I use to just hold the # key, and the phone would switch between the two lines (primary, secondary). I'm not sure how to do it on the iPhone (or if it is even possible). However, I know it "kinda" supports two lines because I can call both lines and they both come into the phone, I just can't select the secondary line for outgoing calls. Anyone know a fix for that?
    BUMP.

    I have this same problem, anyone know of a solution?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by kinezo View Post
    BUMP.

    I have this same problem, anyone know of a solution?
    Has anybody tried just holding the # key? Like ArTek said the #1 to voicemail worked. It's not like it can hurt anything, try it. I honestly would but I do not have my phone atm

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ben471 View Post
    Has anybody tried just holding the # key? Like ArTek said the #1 to voicemail worked. It's not like it can hurt anything, try it. I honestly would but I do not have my phone atm
    Yah, I have tried holding the # key. No go.

    What I've noticed when I pop my SIM card into a phone that is known to support 2 lines is that there's a little telephone icon at the top with a number on it. (It indicates which outgoing line you're using if you were to make a call) I can change it in the menu with my Motorola V360.

    Also, when an incoming call occurs, it'll display which line they're calling on!

    I have a feeling the iPhone just doesn't have the software to handle it right now. It still works however, as I can receive incoming calls from my 2nd line, just can't make outgoing calls. Luckily, I really only need to take incoming calls on my 2nd line.

    Still would like full control over it though or at least an indicator of which line a call is coming in on would be nice

  6. #6
    just press swap
    iPhone 8G
    1.1.4 Unlocked on Rogers (ZiPhone)
    Jailbroken
    Windows XP + Mac OS X Leopard

  7. #7
    As far as I know, AT&T doesn't support this feature on their phones, so I would doubt that the iPhone would support this feature, considering it was intended to only work with AT&T.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosbaughcr View Post
    As far as I know, AT&T doesn't support this feature on their phones, so I would doubt that the iPhone would support this feature, considering it was intended to only work with AT&T.
    Maybe that's what's holding up the iPhone officially launching in Canada? Anyhow, I'm hoping that when it does launch in Canada, they'll add support for it. How hard can it be?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •