+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone.app using second line

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I have an unlocked iPhone that I am using on Rogers. On rogers, I have two lines on one sim card. On my old phones, I use to just hold
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Phone.app using second line
    I have an unlocked iPhone that I am using on Rogers. On rogers, I have two lines on one sim card. On my old phones, I use to just hold the # key, and the phone would switch between the two lines (primary, secondary). I'm not sure how to do it on the iPhone (or if it is even possible). However, I know it "kinda" supports two lines because I can call both lines and they both come into the phone, I just can't select the secondary line for outgoing calls. Anyone know a fix for that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arashb View Post
    I have an unlocked iPhone that I am using on Rogers. On rogers, I have two lines on one sim card. On my old phones, I use to just hold the # key, and the phone would switch between the two lines (primary, secondary). I'm not sure how to do it on the iPhone (or if it is even possible). However, I know it "kinda" supports two lines because I can call both lines and they both come into the phone, I just can't select the secondary line for outgoing calls. Anyone know a fix for that?
    Have you actually tried holding the # key? I didn't know if holding a key did anything until I held the 1 key and got my voice mail just like I do on other phones! Hope this works for you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arashb View Post
    BUMP.

I have this same problem, anyone know of a solution?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kinezo View Post
    BUMP.

I have this same problem, anyone know of a solution?
    Has anybody tried just holding the # key? Like ArTek said the #1 to voicemail worked. It's not like it can hurt anything, try it. I honestly would but I do not have my phone atm

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ben471 View Post
    Has anybody tried just holding the # key? Like ArTek said the #1 to voicemail worked. It's not like it can hurt anything, try it. I honestly would but I do not have my phone atm
    Yah, I have tried holding the # key. No go.

What I've noticed when I pop my SIM card into a phone that is known to support 2 lines is that there's a little telephone icon at the top with a number on it. (It indicates which outgoing line you're using if you were to make a call) I can change it in the menu with my Motorola V360.

Also, when an incoming call occurs, it'll display which line they're calling on!

I have a feeling the iPhone just doesn't have the software to handle it right now. It still works however, as I can receive incoming calls from my 2nd line, just can't make outgoing calls. Luckily, I really only need to take incoming calls on my 2nd line.

Still would like full control over it though or at least an indicator of which line a call is coming in on would be nice

Green Apple
    Thanks

just press swap
    iPhone 8G
    1.1.4 Unlocked on Rogers (ZiPhone)
    Jailbroken
    Windows XP + Mac OS X Leopard

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

As far as I know, AT&T doesn't support this feature on their phones, so I would doubt that the iPhone would support this feature, considering it was intended to only work with AT&T.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rosbaughcr View Post
    As far as I know, AT&T doesn't support this feature on their phones, so I would doubt that the iPhone would support this feature, considering it was intended to only work with AT&T.
    Maybe that's what's holding up the iPhone officially launching in Canada? Anyhow, I'm hoping that when it does launch in Canada, they'll add support for it. How hard can it be?