Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ios 5.1 jailbreak and tetherme app questions

Hybrid View

Default ios 5.1 jailbreak and tetherme app questions
    My soul reason and purpose behind wanting to jailbreak my phone is to turn it into a wifi hotspot for my other devices. I have unlimited data through att and this would be very beificial. My question is if i use redsnow and tetherme app, is this all i need to acomplish this? also i have read on this forum and other places were people are saying that this method may be detected by at&t and the tethering service is then charged per gb to ur account. is this true has anyone else experianced this. thx for the help in advance.

Those would be what you need but make sure the app is 5.1 compatible as it may not be yet. Asp yes AT&T has detected many users tethering, and will take away your unlimited and out you on their tethering plans. I have never been caught so I can only assume it was people who tethered to watch Netflix, and used lots of data like 3GB plus. I also use PDAnet which has a hide feature, whether it truly works or not I don't know as it could just be a fake switch to get people to use it over other apps, but it's worked so far.

Quote Originally Posted by phatcamaro View Post
    Those would be what you need but make sure the app is 5.1 compatible as it may not be yet. Asp yes AT&T has detected many users tethering, and will take away your unlimited and out you on their tethering plans. I have never been caught so I can only assume it was people who tethered to watch Netflix, and used lots of data like 3GB plus. I also use PDAnet which has a hide feature, whether it truly works or not I don't know as it could just be a fake switch to get people to use it over other apps, but it's worked so far.
    which ios are u using with PDAnet? Do you know what AT&T''s methods are? If they are just looking at data usage like you claim then i should be fine. Mine won't change because im using my pad for things i would normally do with my phone.