Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia app reviews

Default Cydia app reviews
    Does anything think its weird that cydia doesn't have reviews for the apps like the app store does? This would help with the quality of apps a lot because if the app is buggy or doesn't do what it says, it will get poor ratings. It's kind of crazy that cydia still doesn't have a built in review system yet

Good idea to have reviews although I usually don't put too much stock in them but knowing an app or tweak is buggy before hand and has a tendency to crash the springboard would be nice.

I agree, but chpwn and saurik seem pretty stubborn. By the way, is this supposed to be on the front page?

There are plenty of reviews for Cydis tweaks on YouTube. There's like a lot. Would be nice to have in Cydia of coarse, bit it's not like there isn't already places to go where we can read or watch reviews about any givin tweak. I'd at least 99% of tweaks from the Cydia have a review video or article somewhere on the web. I always look up reviews on a tweak I think I might want to install. Well I did any ways pretty much have everything I want.

Quote Originally Posted by ZĄG View Post
    There are plenty of reviews for Cydis tweaks on YouTube. There's like a lot. Would be nice to have in Cydia of coarse, bit it's not like there isn't already places to go where we can read or watch reviews about any givin tweak. I'd at least 99% of tweaks from the Cydia have a review video or article somewhere on the web. I always look up reviews on a tweak I think I might want to install. Well I did any ways pretty much have everything I want.
    They're kind of out of date though.

Why is this in the front page?

Thanks

It is a good idea to have a review.

Theres a new writer?? Its so strange this is in the front page

Would really be a great idea if they did....

Rock My Phone had reviews on applications and tweaks. Cydia was suppose to get them in a future update.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If they update it may take a while didn't it take a while for the last update
    iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 JB

I dont see this on the front page at all on neither my desktop or my mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    I dont see this on the front page at all on neither my desktop or my mobile.
    Are you using the app?

Quote Originally Posted by Megaorange View Post
    Why is this in the front page?
    My thoughts exactly

I'm on the ModMyi app and it shows on front page.
    I think this is a great idea and would work great with the new design.

doesn't matter what you think would be a good idea there are tons of things that could make Cydia better but don't expect it to happen. as long as sauriks cash cow is generating money with no competition he isn't going to put much into it. do you honestly think he is willing to lose money on trash apps to make you happy? doubtful.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

it's showing on the front page for me aswell.. mmi app.

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1330500064.494225.jpg

although I love cydia, another competing app (would you even call it cydia an app?) would be great. compettition naturally enforces each creator to push them selves that extra bit and create a better app.
    Last edited by keenpois0n; 02-29-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    it's showing on the front page for me aswell.. mmi app.

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1330500064.494225.jpg

although I love cydia, another competing app (would you even call it cydia an app?) would be great. compettition naturally enforces each creator to push them selves that extra bit and create a better app.
    Does it really matter that it's on the front page? It's a good topic. I'd call Cydia an "App" since its function exceeds the AppStore "App" in many ways. Wouldn't you agree?

Cydia as an installer is GREAT. Cydia as a store SUCKS!!! Plain and simple. Cydia has the worst store front you could ever have. Good apps and themes get so lost in a Pyle of crap it's sad!!

Rock App may have not been the best installer (per Saurik) but it sure had a better store front and way to find new and popular things

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hillefied View Post
    Does it really matter that it's on the front page? It's a good topic. I'd call Cydia an "App" since its function exceeds the AppStore "App" in many ways. Wouldn't you agree?
    I dunno. jay describes cydia as a 'debian depakager'. to me and app is a game or something from the app store..which I suppose is an app but more of a store of apps than an actual app itself lol..I dunno. since the version of cydia that came with jbme 2.0, it has become so so much faster, less crashes, and is generally better in every way.. but there's Feds room for improvement. like someone else mentioned it needs improvement for its store, I agree with that. the cydia store should b updated, have Better sub categories, (for instance 'tweaks that customize the dock' or something) and maybe a tweak of the week which is shown on the homepage for a day maybe.only improvement I'm dying for though is to get rid of that reloading data!

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    I dunno. jay describes cydia as a 'debian depakager'. to me and app is a game or something from the app store..which I suppose is an app but more of a store of apps than an actual app itself lol..I dunno. since the version of cydia that came with jbme 2.0, it has become so so much faster, less crashes, and is generally better in every way.. but there's Feds room for improvement. like someone else mentioned it needs improvement for its store, I agree with that. the cydia store should b updated, have Better sub categories, (for instance 'tweaks that customize the dock' or something) and maybe a tweak of the week which is shown on the homepage for a day maybe.only improvement I'm dying for though is to get rid of that reloading data!
    Ugh, I hate reloading data. Just when you think you're all done with everything loading.......noooope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast