Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Siri Disappeared! - iPhone 4S - Restrictions Passcode Help!

Default Siri Disappeared! - iPhone 4S - Restrictions Passcode Help!
    With the Absinthe jailbreak just released for iOS 5.01 I switched phones with my wife, claiming her iPhone 4S and handing her my iPhone 4.

I have been playing around with it and noticed that Siri is missing from the Settings - General menu. I have also read that I need to go into the Restrictions menu and enable Siri, but the problem is that i have never set a passcode but it requires one. I have tried 0000 and 1111 but neither of them work.

Any ideas as to why Siri is not there on the 4S or what the default passcode is to get into Restrictions?

Thanks!

I had confirmed with her that she hadn't set a passcode.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,329 Times in 7,032 Posts

Well someone has
    Without that passcode probably only a restore will get you siri back (and not restoring from backup).

So I discovered the passcode that had been set by my son... KIDS! I managed to get it unlocked and went into the Restrictions page and turned them all off, however, even with numerous reboots and restarts Siri is nowhere to be found.

This iPhone 4S was "restored" using a backup from my old iPhone 4, is that a known glitch?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,329 Times in 7,032 Posts

I havent heard of that bug but it could be that. You may want to restore it and start fresh to see.