Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IntelliScreenX 3G/EDGE/GPRS data connection toggle issues

Question IntelliScreenX 3G/EDGE/GPRS data connection toggle issues
    Hi all,

One of the first utilities I installed after jailbreaking my 4S was IntelliScreenX. This is working great so far, but has one annoying flaw with the mobile data toggle that made me hide it from the quicktoggles menu.

The normal behaviour of the iPhone is to cycle automatically between 3G and 2G data depending on coverage, i.e. when you're in a 3G zone the radio will detect this and switch from GPRS/EDGE to 3G, and vice versa.

When I hit the IntelliScreenX quick settings toggle to toggle the data connection, one tap changes it to EDGE/GRPS and a second tap turns data off entirely. These work great.
    However when it's tapped again to turn 3G back on, 3G is enabled but the phone no longer switches automatically between a 2G and 3G data connection, it will only use a 3G signal. Where there is no 3G signal, the phone displays "No Service" in the status bar and does not switch to 2G. Turning the toggle to EDGE makes the phones signal come back again in a non 3G area, but again, will not automatically switch back to 3G.

The only fix for this I've found so far is by using "Reset Network Settings" which clears the fault until the toggle is pressed again, so I turned the toggle off.

This is a serious flaw for me as during my commute I switch between 3G and 2G several times, meaning that if somebody calls me and I have no 3G the call will not come through - I tried using the IntelliScreenX support link but the phone just shows repeated messages about enabling diagnostic log collection and doesn't get any further.

Is there any other way I can file this bug report with Intelliborn? Have you guys come across this before and have other suggestions for workarounds?

I use an iPhone 4S on iOS 5.0.1r1 (the second 5.0.1 build)

Thanks

Intelliborn Support <[email protected]>

There was an issue with the 3g toggle in sbsettings that caused cdma iPhone users to lose service. I emailed intelliborn asking if they might suffer a similar issue after I lost service with Sprint. I had both apps installed and was messing with them both so I couldn't be sure which one caused it. They got back to me promptly and the next day issued a "fix for Verizon 3g toggle" with version 1.3.1. It says I have 1.3.3 installed but the changelog only goes to 1.3.2. Email and let us know how they respond. What a great job they did with this app.

Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    Intelliborn Support <[email protected]>

There was an issue with the 3g toggle in sbsettings that caused cdma iPhone users to lose service. I emailed intelliborn asking if they might suffer a similar issue after I lost service with Sprint. I had both apps installed and was messing with them both so I couldn't be sure which one caused it. They got back to me promptly and the next day issued a "fix for Verizon 3g toggle" with version 1.3.1. It says I have 1.3.3 installed but the changelog only goes to 1.3.2. Email and let us know how they respond. What a great job they did with this app.
    Thanks for the reply and tips, sounds like good support.

I've sent a mail off to them at the address you suggested, lets see what they come up with, will post back here.

I agree, it is one of the most intuitive jailbreak interface tweaks i've seen in a while, well worth the ten bucks - it's products like this that will get more people into jailbreaking and reap the benefits

Not sure if this addresses your issue, but ISX has just been updated to 1.3.4. "Fix for data icon on GSM".

Will try this on the trip to work on Monday in an area where I lose 3G. Thanks galavanter!

The 1.3.4 fix doesn't change the data toggle behaviour - the phone still does not switch to 2G when there is no 3G coverage. I will send support another email, still haven't heard from them in response to my original mail though.

Same issue here. I already have send an email about this issue. Still waiting for a fix...

Quote Originally Posted by masterlen View Post
    Same issue here. I already have send an email about this issue. Still waiting for a fix...
    I finally got a reply back from Intelliborn after chasing them:

On 2 February 2012 17:58, Intelliborn Support <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Mark,

I did ask about the update for the 3G toggle and was told it was functioning correctly.

Thank you for your interest in Intelliborn

Intelliborn Corporation

[email protected]

Seems like they're ignoring the mails because the data toggle *should* be fixed in 1.3.4, nice way to treat paying customers.

Masterlen, are you also on 1.3.4? If you are I'll go back to them and ask the support rep to politely ask their dev to take another look....

Thanks

Yes i am on 1.3.4.
    How did you contact them?
    I have another friend with the same problem. So we are two guys with the problem. We tried intelliborn website and twitter but no response.
    Last edited by masterlen; 02-03-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterlen View Post
    Yes i am on 1.3.4.
    How did you contact them?
    I have another friend with the same problem. So we are two guys with the problem. We tried intelliborn website and twitter but no response.
    I emailed them ([email protected]), they didn't respond until the third time. Great, if we're three people affected they might look into it so I'll send them a reply.
    What iPhones / iOS do u guys have? Might be platform related (I'm on a 4S / 5.0.1)

Quote Originally Posted by markfultonncl View Post
    I emailed them ([email protected]), they didn't respond until the third time. Great, if we're three people affected they might look into it so I'll send them a reply.
    What iPhones / iOS do u guys have? Might be platform related (I'm on a 4S / 5.0.1)
    I got a reply from them:

Hi,

I have reported this issue to development.

Thank you for your interest in Intelliborn

Now I hope they are working on it!

We both have a iPhone 4 with 5.0.1.

regards
    MasterLen
    Last edited by masterlen; 02-06-2012 at 01:46 AM.

1.3.5 doesn't fix the 3G toggle issue!

Version 1.37 is out as of 3/15/2012.
    "Fix for 3G toggle for 2G users"