+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tonefxs 2, No email alert.

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Well my problem is simply this: I installed Tonefxs 2 ( Pro ) and now when I receive a new email, there is no sound. At all. There is one
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Tonefxs 2, No email alert.
    Well my problem is simply this: I installed Tonefxs 2 ( Pro ) and now when I receive a new email, there is no sound. At all. There is one for sending however. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this many times and nothing. I have turned off my custom theme in winterboard ( didn't work ), uninstalled bitesms ( didn't work ), so finally I put the original Tonefxs on and now my email alert is working. Which would be fine and dandy but I want the features for Tonefxs2.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Or if there is an alternative that does the same things as Tonefxs2.

Running on iPhone 3GS, 5.0.1. OS X SL.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Shameless bump. Problem still persists.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I just discovered tonefxs2 myself, and am having the same problem. I guess it was never adapted for ios5 (maybe apple disabled access to some API?), because it doesn't work on my iphone 4 either. I left a comment on efiko's support page but it doesn't look like they are very responsive.

Maybe if lots of people left a comment on their page, they'd try to make this usable again? As it stands, you can't even purchase the app on cydia.

--update
    The only thing I really am looking for is a way to have custom alert sounds for different email senders, and I found an app that does this at the appstore called eNotify. It's not perfect because it checks your emails independently of the builtin mail app (battery drain), but it does push notifications etc.
    Last edited by nycjoe77; 02-01-2012 at 09:19 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nycjoe77 For This Useful Post:

Hockaday. (02-17-2012)

Thanks

I quit using it when 2 was released. Very buggy. Had issues with bite, which I got around, but it requires all kinds of jiggering in the iPhone Settings area to get anything to work and even then it was hinkey. Worked great on my 3G and 3GS, not so well with the i4.

Too bad.
    Senior

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

Hockaday. (02-17-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, the original one works fine. But I really wanted the custom email notifications etc...guess I'll have to try eNotifiy. When I try to use tonefx2 like I said the email alerts go away completely. I hope they update this soon...or someone makes something better. If only I could code!

Off Topic I know, but I really dislike iOS5...I love the new features etc. But on my 3GS is sucks up ram and makes the phone laggy as all hell at times.

Thanks

They had two versions. However, as I said above, ToneFX no longer plays well with iOS5 (at least for me). You can get custom notifications for messages through Apple system, not sure about email. I finally uninstalled it, and either manually place sounds in apps or use Apple's built-in ability to set custom ringtones and text alerts. Too bad, it was a nice app when it was working (for iOS 3 and 4).
    Senior

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

Hockaday. (02-17-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah. You can set custom email alerts with apple's system but you could set custom alerts for certain emails etc with tf2. Oh well. Also I think I found the reason my phone has been sucking lately...it runs great in safe mode but something is bogging it down when not in safe mode and making apps crash etc. Time to re jail break.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dollymkpa View Post
    Shameless bump. Problem still persists.
    Seems as others have posted, we're sol for now. One of the previous posters suggested enotify for custom email alerts ( by email address ). If someone makes an app that lets you customize alerts for each contact and each contact's email, sms, and phone etc they will be praised...by me at least.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockaday. View Post
    Seems as others have posted, we're sol for now. One of the previous posters suggested enotify for custom email alerts ( by email address ). If someone makes an app that lets you customize alerts for each contact and each contact's email, sms, and phone etc they will be praised...by me at least.

I found something else on cydia (so it requires a jailbroken phone) that alerts on emails - it's called mail enhancer pro. I haven't yet had a chance to see whether it impacts battery life like enotify, but it doesn't need to be constantly running (like enotify) which is nice. It also has some other nice features like different colored emails depending on which account they came from.