+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: apt.modmyi.com repo in Cydia is not working

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I am trying to install PDANet (which I paid for) and I keep getting errors Domain #10: -72000 I am on an iPhone4 with iOS 5.0.1 (jailbroken). Junefabrics does confirm
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default apt.modmyi.com repo in Cydia is not working
    I am trying to install PDANet (which I paid for) and I keep getting errors

Domain #10: -72000

I am on an iPhone4 with iOS 5.0.1 (jailbroken). Junefabrics does confirm that PDANet 5.30 works on iOS5. Is anyone else experiencing same issues?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Likely due to high traffic in Cydia, people are overwhelming the servers. Since they just released the untethered jailbreak, there's tons of new people installing stuff from Cydia. I'd just keep trying.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default PdaNet
    I finally got PdaNet installed, but for some reason it is not working. JuneFabrics claims on their site that the new version 5.30 is compatible with iOS 5.0.1, however, when I open PdaNet and try to turn the WiFi Hotspot, the option remains in an off position and it does not turn on. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default PDANet
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanovnv View Post
    I finally got PdaNet installed, but for some reason it is not working. JuneFabrics claims on their site that the new version 5.30 is compatible with iOS 5.0.1, however, when I open PdaNet and try to turn the WiFi Hotspot, the option remains in an off position and it does not turn on. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?
    I saw on a search that if you take out the password, then it works again. Tried it on my iPhone 4, was able to activate hotspot and connect iPod touch.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default PdaNet
    JuneFabrics should be ashamed of themselves. I've paid for this product and I can't get any support. You were absolutely right: I removed the password and it worked, but this is not the solution. JuneFabrics should get out there and give us a better solution. $15 down the drain.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I open PdaNet and try to turn the WiFi Hotspot, the option remains in an off position and it does not turn on.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by glass View Post
    I open PdaNet and try to turn the WiFi Hotspot, the option remains in an off position and it does not turn on.
    Did you read the posts above for solution?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ivanovnv View Post
    Did you read the posts above for solution?
    Having the same issue but clearing password doesn't seem to work. I'm on a 3GS with 5.0.1 untethered. I've seen at least one other post mention that PDAnet does not seem to be working for 5.0.1...sucks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Don't blame June Fabrics.
    I have the paid version of MyWi as well, and it, too won't work until you delete the WPA2 password. Must be just an IOS 5.0.1 bug. Besides, unlike MyWi, PDAnet let's me send imessages and use Slingplayer while it's on. Not the case when using MyWi.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by strtpls3 View Post
    Having the same issue but clearing password doesn't seem to work. I'm on a 3GS with 5.0.1 untethered. I've seen at least one other post mention that PDAnet does not seem to be working for 5.0.1...sucks.
    Finally upgraded to 5.01 on 3GS since I couldn't live w/o untethered setup. I too cannot activate the hotspot feature, with or without a password provided. I have sent a message to PdaNet folks, but from reading here don't expect much response.

I reverted to my MyFi setup which does work but can't "hide" tethering. Not really sure if PdaNet really did that but it was peace of mind...

Any other solutions???