Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: any app to properly shut down other apps?

Default any app to properly shut down other apps?
    Hi. As everyone else does, I usually exit an application, whether it be safari, weather, stocks, ipod, etc. by clicking the home button. Everyone knows that this doesn't exit the app completely, therefore taking up memory in the iphone. Is there another application or way to exit these programs properly as to free up memory space and reduce the iphone's chance from crashing? Thank you in advance.

only a few apps remain open, but it would be nice to have a task-manager type function to close out items that are running in the background.
    Really?

To force quit out of an app just hold the home button until the springboard appears. It should completely close and only reload when you open it again.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    only a few apps remain open, but it would be nice to have a task-manager type function to close out items that are running in the background.
    yea it would be awesome
     Think Different

you can make a profile for terminal to kill off springboard. i dont have the string but ill post it when im at home. im sure someone else will post it before then. then you can just go to terminal and kill sb and itll restart with just the default apps in sleep mode..

thats the bad thing is alot of devs are using sleep on thier apps now. i dont know how much mem they use while they are sleeping, but i know that ants app slowed my phone down alot.

Quote Originally Posted by steinah View Post
    To force quit out of an app just hold the home button until the springboard appears. It should completely close and only reload when you open it again.
    Since I update to FW3.0, the hold & kill function is not working anymore. Now, even I hold the HOME button, it will not go back to the springboard.

Am I the only one who facing this problem?
    Anyone can enlighten me how to completely kill the app by other method?

Thanks...

SBsettings does this. Just use the processes toggle.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

on 3.0 hold down power until you get to the slide to turn off screen, then hold down the home button until it kills to springboard. More steps now but they changed it since holding down home brings up voice control on the 3gs.

Quote Originally Posted by Adplaya View Post
    SBsettings does this. Just use the processes toggle.
    This thread was bumped from 2 years ago. We didn't have SBSettings back then.

Thanks for the obvious tip though.